Back 2 Back Champs @ VAJ-Cats-tic Voyage: The Week Of Thread

Noeller

10 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm not the one claiming they know more than the doctors in the Rourke case. I'm not the one who had foot problems in their 60's that thinks that's the same as what Rourke's going thru.

I played sports, but I'm sure you played at a higher level than I did. That means you were a better football player than me, not that everything you say shouldn't be questioned. You can't play any more so you coach and train to stay 'elite athlete adjacent'. As they say those that can do... those that can't teach... those that can't teach, teach gym aka coach.

You think training players & playing football at a high level makes you know as much if not more than the doctors who are treating Rourke? NO IT DOESN'T! 

Take a look at the @wbbfan post. That's how you keyboard warrior. It's not about calling folks assbags or telling them to shut up or whatever ****** is.

Never said know more than doctor...but u claim everything anyone else says that doesnt fir your narrative is horseshit...I've seen the injury up close...seen the rehab...and know the timelines...and yeah I was a student.. but more also know the dynamics of the lisfranc purpose in a foot...that knowledge doesn't go away.

Bc staff has already some questionable things as well...and if being an assbag u should be accustomed and prepared to be called as such...and I know i not in the minority in thinking as such...time to train now so I can stay adjacent..Haha...I guess whatever it is u do allows u to be adjacent to your profession eh? Of your elite coworkers? They prob have same opinion too if I was to make a bet

32 minutes ago, Booch said:

Never said know more than doctor...but u claim everything anyone else says that doesnt fir your narrative is horseshit...I've seen the injury up close...seen the rehab...and know the timelines...and yeah I was a student.. but more also know the dynamics of the lisfranc purpose in a foot...that knowledge doesn't go away.

Bc staff has already some questionable things as well...and if being an assbag u should be accustomed and prepared to be called as such...and I know i not in the minority in thinking as such...time to train now so I can stay adjacent..Haha...I guess whatever it is u do allows u to be adjacent to your profession eh? Of your elite coworkers? They prob have same opinion too if I was to make a bet

My 'Narrative' is that the Doctors know more than all the internet keyboard warriors combined & that BC wouldn't take stupid chances on their franchise QB.

Lets try this another way... What percentage of elite players think they can beat the odds and come back sooner than average? Most? If you were training one who wanted to try to throw earlier than expected and that wouldn't hurt them, would you tell them no or let them throw? Would you as a trainer get the final say? I'd guess not, but it's your area of expertise so I'm asking. Even if throwing too early sets them back a couple of weeks, it doesn't matter as the season will be over anyway.

I know I've hit a nerve when you and others change from arguing the point and start calling me names. I take them as meaning I've won yet again.;)

1 hour ago, Booch said:

One thing for certain, he is Ashhole adjacent and it has influenced him more than the rest of us. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

My 'Narrative' is that the Doctors know more than all the internet keyboard warriors combined & that BC wouldn't take stupid chances on their franchise QB.

Lets try this another way... What percentage of elite players think they can beat the odds and come back sooner than average? Most? If you were training one who wanted to try to throw earlier than expected and that wouldn't hurt them, would you tell them no or let them throw? Would you as a trainer get the final say? I'd guess not, but it's your area of expertise so I'm asking. Even if throwing too early sets them back a couple of weeks, it doesn't matter as the season will be over anyway.

I know I've hit a nerve when you and others change from arguing the point and start calling me names. I take them as meaning I've won yet again.;)

Did you not just hear about Tua in the NFL? Seems to me the doctors got it horribly wrong with their franchise QB. Let’s be honest there’s a lot of politics and shady dealings in sports when it comes to injuries and looking the other way in regards to getting a star player back on the field earlier then anticipated. 

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I played sports, but I'm sure you played at a higher level than I did. That means you were a better football player than me, not that everything you say shouldn't be questioned. You can't play any more so you coach and train to stay 'elite athlete adjacent'. As they say those that can do... those that can't teach... those that can't teach, teach gym aka coach.

That's disturbing on so many levels.  I mean, try saying that to former warriors like Mike O'Shea or Buck Pierce

2 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

That's disturbing on so many levels.  I mean, try saying that to former warriors like Mike O'Shea or Buck Pierce

Yeah...not even sure how to even take that...makes no sense at all

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Try throwing...running...whatever earlier than expected...u do not know if that wont...or will hurt a guy...all staffs generally go with past history and cases and follow that...especially with certain injuries...BC seems to be wanting to push the limits...why...cause they desperately need him...only reason...and that's just trying to salvage the season on a hope and prayer and highly suspect...bordering on stupid...I dont wish ill will on anyone...but almost hope he reinjures it again as they are losing...just to say told ya so

37 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah...not even sure how to even take that...makes no sense at all

Try throwing...running...whatever earlier than expected...u do not know if that wont...or will hurt a guy...all staffs generally go with past history and cases and follow that...especially with certain injuries...BC seems to be wanting to push the limits...why...cause they desperately need him...only reason...and that's just trying to salvage the season on a hope and prayer and highly suspect...bordering on stupid...I dont wish ill will on anyone...but almost hope he reinjures it again as they are losing...just to say told ya so

Try answering the questions instead of dreaming of ToldaSo's. Why are you still arguing that you know more than the pros who are in charge of BC's franchise QB?

@Mark H. Booch is no MOS or Pierce no matter how much he wants to be. Booch is just another nameless, faceless, internet keyboard warrior who thinks his opinions shouldn't be questioned. As an athlete, I'm sure it frustrates him that he can't physically intimidate me. Instead, he's made up a whole fake persona about me. He doesn't know me or what I did before I semi-retired at 50 or fully retired at 57. It doesn't matter what I did when I was working anyway. That has absolutely nothing to do with the argument. It's just a poor attempt to belittle me.

@Arnold_Palmer Sometimes mistakes are made. Sometimes the doctors get it wrong. Most of the time they get it right. Booch and whateverhescallinghimselfthisyear are arguing that BC is taking chances with their franchise QB by letting him throw the ball early. They can't know that because they don't have the information from Rourke's doctors. BC's coach saying the Rourke is likely to play again this year is like MOS saying players are close and he expects them to play again this year. IE: It doesn't matter at all.

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Try answering the questions instead of dreaming of ToldaSo's. Why are you still arguing that you know more than the pros who are in charge of BC's franchise QB?

@Mark H. Booch is no MOS or Pierce no matter how much he wants to be. Booch is just another nameless, faceless, internet keyboard warrior who thinks his opinions shouldn't be questioned. As an athlete, I'm sure it frustrates him that he can't physically intimidate me. Instead, he's made up a whole fake persona about me. He doesn't know me or what I did before I semi-retired at 50 or fully retired at 57. It doesn't matter what I did when I was working anyway. That has absolutely nothing to do with the argument. It's just a poor attempt to belittle me.

You made a statement that is insulting to coaches / gym teachers in general

If you meant to say that to Booch, then write it that way

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

@Arnold_Palmer Sometimes mistakes are made. Sometimes the doctors get it wrong. Most of the time they get it right. Booch and whateverhescallinghimselfthisyear are arguing that BC is taking chances with their franchise QB by letting him throw the ball early. They can't know that because they don't have the information from Rourke's doctors. BC's coach saying the Rourke is likely to play again this year is like MOS saying players are close and he expects them to play again this year. IE: It doesn't matter at all.

Man...u sure like to spin...and make zero sense...or point...dude u need to chill...and again...never said I know more than doctors...part of your spin...and my opinion is totally for discussion...based on actual experiences...and ties to the game with current people in it....yours not so much...its just your opinion and spin...part of what I relay is from people in the game...tho I will rarely expose their name...u took a shot at my profession earlier...saying I wanna live vicariously through them still...wrong...all players retire but stay involved...u basically threw shade at every coach.. gm...trainer...agent...etc that had ever played...so like me not knowing you...u dont know me...a d yeah for u...u retired from whatever it is you did...great..congrats...troll away 

And further to your rambling I never said throwing a ball on the side  ow was wrong...dumb...or doctors are idiots...its Campbell saying he may play...that is the idiocy of it...read fully before u rant..I bet if you did people would attack u less...btw I have said what I do/did many times...player..trainer/strength conditioning coach...fully certified btw...engineer...and what did u retire from that makes u think your opinion is always right

18 hours ago, CodyT said:

I don't know where to put this so I'm just going to put it in this thread. After a year or two of having only 2 or 3 major threads, I've decided I hate it.

I realize I'm probably in the minority but imo it really takes away discussion because the topics are moving so quickly. Anyone share this 

Based on the reactions here its split down the middle ha ha

6 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm not the one claiming they know more than the doctors in the Rourke case. I'm not the one who had foot problems in their 60's that thinks that's the same as what Rourke's going thru.

You think training players & playing football at a high level makes you know as much if not more than the doctors who are treating Rourke? NO IT DOESN'T! 

Take a look at the @wbbfan post. That's how you keyboard warrior. It's not about calling folks assbags or telling them to shut up or whatever ****** is.

With your posting style, the last guy you should criticize here is Booch. Unreal. You love arguing & stirring the pot with everyone. So you were called a name. Get over it. Ever thought that your arguing is becoming so damed annoying.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

20 hours ago, Booch said:

Man...u sure like to spin...and make zero sense...or point...dude u need to chill...and again...never said I know more than doctors...part of your spin...and my opinion is totally for discussion...based on actual experiences...and ties to the game with current people in it....yours not so much...its just your opinion and spin...part of what I relay is from people in the game...tho I will rarely expose their name...u took a shot at my profession earlier...saying I wanna live vicariously through them still...wrong...all players retire but stay involved...u basically threw shade at every coach.. gm...trainer...agent...etc that had ever played...so like me not knowing you...u dont know me...a d yeah for u...u retired from whatever it is you did...great..congrats...troll away 

And further to your rambling I never said throwing a ball on the side  ow was wrong...dumb...or doctors are idiots...its Campbell saying he may play...that is the idiocy of it...read fully before u rant..I bet if you did people would attack u less...btw I have said what I do/did many times...player..trainer/strength conditioning coach...fully certified btw...engineer...and what did u retire from that makes u think your opinion is always right

I'm not spinning anything, no matter how many times you accuse me of it. FTR: What do you think I'm spinning?

You obviously think BC's handling Rourke is wrong, which means you disagree with his doctors. It's like anti-vaxxers who think they know more than the Dr's who have spent their entire lives studying the problem. Hint: If you disagree with the experts, it's most likely that your opinion is the one that's wrong & no, being a trainer doesn't make you an expert.

I threw shade on you, not on everyone who played the game or coaches. It's better than calling you names. Maybe you're an ex CFL player, all star, who coaches at a professional level, but even that wouldn't make your opinion unassailable nor would it make you right about how BC is treating the Rourke injury. Why, because it's a medical issue. 

MOS tells the media that all his players, who still have their limbs attached to their bodies, are going to play. Do you think he's endangering his players? Of course not.

BTW: Why won't you answer the questions I asked about training injured players? That is your expertise, isn't it?

On 2022-10-14 at 7:02 PM, TBURGESS said:

I'm laughing out loud at folks who are pretending they know that BC's rushing Rourke. Internet DR's pretending they know what they're talking about. :D

Rourke may or may not be ready by the last game of the season on the 29th. If he's ready then he'll play. If not, he won't. I can't imagine that the Lions would force him back on the field before he's ready. That'd be crazy and they're not crazy.

That's my first post on the matter. I didn't call you or ISO out personally. If you see yourself as an Internet Dr pretending to know what you're talking about then you are an Internet Dr. pretending to know what you're talking about. You could have just said to yourself... "That's not me" and moved on, but you chose to go on the offensive and repeat your "I used to be someone, now I train folks who may become someone" schtick.

I don't think BC is doing anything wrong.  They want to win, they'll take the guy as soon as he's cleared especially with the play of his replacements.

I don't understand why Rourke personally would risk a NFL career to try to come back months earlier than anyone has from that particular surgery.  Everything I know about hand and foot injuries is that regardless of how you're feeling the healing is extremely fragile and the next injury puts you right back at square one if not worse.

Once Rourke has surgery, he won’t be able to put any weight on his foot for likely six-to-eight weeks. Then he’ll be able to start his rehab work, which could take months.

Rourke has surgery 8 weeks ago as of mid-week this upcoming week.  So he's pushing it to get back.