LOLks @ Back 2 Back Champs: Tha Mahfuggin Game Day Thread

Noeller

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Hard to say with NFL politics and how they view things...lots going against him...walk on...2 yr starter only...un drafted...2 failed attempts...cfl refugee...plus he will be 27 next yr during season...so he needs to.make a roster as a contributor right outta the gate if he even gets a legit chance...NFL wont waste money and time developing a guy that age...with minimal pedigree in the way the view things...we may luck out

He’s 25 right now and will be 26 in the nfl window. Age isn’t a concern. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He’s 25 right now and will be 26 in the nfl window. Age isn’t a concern. 

He gonna be 26 this month...oct 13th...Zylstra got his chance at 23..24...and basically was a PR guy and rare roster guy for first few yrs...Schoen wont get that consideration

Edited by Booch

3 hours ago, the watcher said:

I would add in that that kind of coaching attitude is why we have been so good at player retention. There's not alot of ego on this coaching staff. It's why almost every player goes on about how special this team is. 

Zach basically acknowledge this in his post-game interview, said it's a unique situation as with a lot of teams set plays are handed to the QB's and no input or dialogue is encouraged.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/10/08/zach-collaros-game-day-2/

Edited by Fatty Liver

Just now, Brandon said:

On Riderfans forums they are wanting Dru Brown for starter next year :P

I will say at this point I feel far more comfortable with Prukop as the back up (and Brown as 3rd stringer) then I was earlier in the season.   

Brown has looked good in his flashes. Has a nice touch on his deep ball for sure.

Brown u can just see has that it thing...given the opportunity I bet he would run with it...and win more than he loses as he grows...but u would need to do that with a food supporting cast and environment in his early stages...like any new upstart

18 minutes ago, Brandon said:

On Riderfans forums they are wanting Dru Brown for starter next year :P

I will say at this point I feel far more comfortable with Prukop as the back up (and Brown as 3rd stringer) then I was earlier in the season.   

Prukop has looked good in his limited role but I think Dru Brown is better equipped upstairs when it comes to utilizing the full playbook and understanding the game.  Prukop can hang around next year if he likes, or not, but the Rider starting job beckons with stellar enticements such as this.

https://www.riderville.com/2022/10/07/week-18-trailer-we-all-we-got-we-all-we-need/

WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED

Riders' Clark Injured in Car Crash - DiscoverMooseJaw.com - Local news,  Weather, Sports, Free Classifieds and Job Listings

Meet Your Riders - #67 Dan Clark - YouTube

Dan Clark would make an excellent waterbed.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Prukop has looked good in his limited role but I think Dru Brown is better equipped upstairs when it comes to utilizing the full playbook and understanding the game.  Prukop can hang around next year if he likes, or not, but the Rider starting job beckons with stellar enticements such as this.

https://www.riderville.com/2022/10/07/week-18-trailer-we-all-we-got-we-all-we-need/

WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED

Riders' Clark Injured in Car Crash - DiscoverMooseJaw.com - Local news,  Weather, Sports, Free Classifieds and Job Listings

Meet Your Riders - #67 Dan Clark - YouTube

Dan Clark would make an excellent waterbed.

A master class in self-deception.  But then, that's all they have at this point-fantasy.

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

All possibilities! Would totally depend on Zach.

From what I understand ZC is having fun again like his injury season with Cats when he was tearing things up and has no intention of hanging them up anytime soon bar any catastrophic injury...so he will be here as long as we want him and he fits the SMS

going to have to figure out a way to keep OShea.Walters. 

although, could be hard for them, or anyone, to recreate this team.

They are clearly exceptional at building a team, but if we are being realistic, some very good fortune came their/our way.   (about time for the Bombers)

it will be interesting to see which coach gets poached. If any. I could see some NFL teams looking at our coaches.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

going to have to figure out a way to keep OShea.Walters. 

although, could be hard for them, or anyone, to recreate this team.

They are clearly exceptional at building a team, but if we are being realistic, some very good fortune came their/our way.   (about time for the Bombers)

it will be interesting to see which coach gets poached. If any. I could see some NFL teams looking at our coaches.

NFL will never go after a career cfl guy ...never....and I highly doubt we in any fear of losing any coach or management type next yr other than Goviea...