Whatever week this is - Non B2B Champs games

Geebrr

Back to the Riders, do you get the sense Fajardo doesn't want to come back to the Riders? Sixty sacks & the OL all stand around looking at one another as if to say, "I thought you had him". He looks shell shocked & totally pissed off. This shitstorm of a season they've had. I put down to Jeremy O'Day refusing to fix the offensive line in the off season has been a major issue as well as letting Craig Dickenson coaching reign spiral out of control. O'Day should be fired as should Dickenson. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Back to the Riders, do you get the sense Fajardo doesn't want to come back to the Riders? Sixty sacks & the OL all stand around looking at one another as if to say, "I thought you had him". He looks shell shocked & totally pissed off. This shitstorm of a season they've had. I put down to Jeremy O'Day refusing to fix the offensive line in the off season has been a major issue as well as letting Craig Dickenson coaching reign spiral out of control. O'Day should be fired as should Dickenson. 

You’re 100% right and I think most rider fans are getting on board with this too… but my advice to the riders would be to sign O’Day and Dickensen to long term extensions and make sure they get Fajardo locked up long term too… this current version of the riders is my most favourite version to watch 

15 minutes ago, bearpants said:

but my advice to the riders would be to sign O’Day and Dickensen to long term extensions and make sure they get Fajardo locked up long term too… this current version of the riders is my most favourite version to watch 

Yep. They are way more entertaining with this crowd. 

With the Riders on track to miss the playoffs in a home Grey Cup year, even more emotionally restrained teammates are having a hard time dismissing the constant outside noise.

“The media and our fan base, it’s a lot. It’s what you sign up for as professional athletes, I know they hold us accountable,” Sankey noted frankly. “They’re going to be coming for some heads, I’m sure, but you’ve just got to try to block it out as much as you can, stay focused and just take the bye week to rest your body or your mind and get ready to finish these last two games out.”

Yeah….Sankey isn’t re-signing there 

I can see a mass exodus there...KSB..Sankey..Dean..Robertson for sure as they will all garner interest

They will have to run out turds like Edam..Marshall..etc as nobody would want them and they suit the culture there anyway...Moncreif only stays cause stupidly he signed a 2 yr deal there...maybe he says he has some nfl interest and gets them to release him and then ends up elsewhere

I have a suspicion they are gonna roll out the excuse train there at end of season and bring back Dicklesson and Oday...and that would be awesome

They also have at least 2..3 yrs of poor oline play there still...u cant fix that mess in one off season through the draft and free agency unless u wayyyy over pay and end up raping the rest of your roster doing so...plus u need a foundation block..or 2 to build around..and they dont have that either...

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If Dickenson and O'Day don't leave, a lot of fans will. 

1 minute ago, Dr Zaius said:

75% of their problems lie in their hapless quarterback. Doesn't matter who coaches that team, it's impossible to win with a guy who is like 20% over 15 yards. 

And cant take ownership in good...and bad...big issue there too outside of his limited skill set...but man any throw over 20 yards is an adventure.. and u cant even say a 50/50 ball cause most times nobody had a legit chance to grab it

8 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

75% of their problems lie in their hapless quarterback. Doesn't matter who coaches that team, it's impossible to win with a guy who is like 20% over 15 yards. 

Disagree. The OL is the problem. Fajardo has become a human piniatta & is displaying Drew Willy symptoms of panic due to being pummeled play after play. He may be too damaged to be of any help to another team.

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Disagree. The OL is the problem. Fajardo has become a human piniatta & is displaying Drew Willy symptoms of panic due to being pummeled play after play. He may be too damaged to be of any help to another team.

The OL sucks but Faj does them 0 favors. Makes a read and a half at most, panics and runs in circles.

What's his o-line supposed to do? Give him 6 seconds every snap?

1 minute ago, Dr Zaius said:

The OL sucks but Faj does them 0 favors. Makes a read and a half at most, panics and runs in circles.

What's his o-line supposed to do? Give him 6 seconds every snap?

I don't know what Rider games you watch. When does any OL give their qb 6 seconds on every play? C'mon, man. I'm no Fajardo fan but I'm not going to dump all over him while giving all those slugs who block for him any credit. That entire unit is garbage with a capital G. I mean, we already kniow Faj would be in a casket if itr wasn't for Dan Clark. Coming back saved Cody's life. 

59 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't know what Rider games you watch. When does any OL give their qb 6 seconds on every play? C'mon, man. I'm no Fajardo fan but I'm not going to dump all over him while giving all those slugs who block for him any credit. That entire unit is garbage with a capital G. I mean, we already kniow Faj would be in a casket if itr wasn't for Dan Clark. Coming back saved Cody's life. 

Huh? You can't do basic reading comprehension. My goodness. 

1 hour ago, Dr Zaius said:

Huh? You can't do basic reading comprehension. My goodness. 

No, I get exactly what you're saying. My point is you're laying too much of the blame for the hot offensive mess in Sask at the feet of Fajardo. I know that he hasn't been great at all but I'm sure he sees opposing DL coming at him in his sleep. Fajardo is suffereing from battle fatigue. That OL may be the worst in the CFL. You can't win without a line blocking for the qb. They're horrible at that. They can run block judging by Morrow & Hickson's rushing stats but as pass blockers they are pylons.

The other stuff? Lack of discipline, self respect & selfish penalties is on Dickenson. He did nothing to stop it & it just got worse. Jeremy O'Day built this team. He brought in Dickenson as a HC & signed guys like Marino, Edem, Williams & Marshall, He's responsible for everything. Now, he's saying there's nothing he could have done as a GM to make the team better which is a crock of ####. Like the players, he has no sense of accountability for his performance as a GM. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You are correct. 

I'd say the Riders need to fix the O with this order of priorities:  

1 - New O-line

2 - New OC

3 - New QB

4 - New Receivers. 

Fajardo does suck majorly,  however even Saskatchewan were to start ZC or healthy Nathan Rourke... those guys would also be struggling mightily.