Hillbillies at Back 2 Back Champs Banjo Bowl Early talk

Nolby

We'll know more on Day 1 of practice. 

As for what happens on Saturday, I was convinced of Molly Whopping the Als at home and that didn't work out so well. I'm now very leery of beating any team in back to back weeks. 

Edited by Noeller

I figger we in their heads, including fgardo’s (12td’s 10 interceptions 9th in league qb efficiency). We execute, they get penalized. Dirtiest team in the league. We win this, we win the series. 12-1 v 6-7 they have only two more home games and they can’t catch us. 

anyone else notice that Craig Dickinson has a habit of leaving his mouth open, when he’s not talking? 

Edited by Rod Black

47 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

This season is one of the weirdest I can remember. Not dominating their games...but dominating the league. 

Fantastic they have become a team that can win the close ones and know how to win...but geezus...my heart

The 2001 Bombers were 14-4. Their 14 wins were by margins of  32, 28, 20, 18, 14, 8, 7, 5, 4, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1. 

This year's teams 11 wins have been by 21, 15, 14, 14, 7, 7, 7, 2, 2, 2, 1.         

That 2001 team had a few more blow out wins but they had alot of close games as well.

3 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

The 2001 Bombers were 14-4. Their 14 wins were by margins of  32, 28, 20, 18, 14, 8, 7, 5, 4, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1. 

This year's teams 11 wins have been by 21, 15, 14, 14, 7, 7, 7, 2, 2, 2, 1.         

That 2001 team had a few more blow out wins but they had alot of close games as well.

I agree. I also think people forget that the Bombers are the league's measuring stick right now. We are back2back champs and every team in the CFL gets up for games against us knowing that they have to do so, and that we are the ultimate measuring stick of whether they are contenders or not. We get everybody's best game....and we still win.

I wonder how much of the Rider's offensive success was feeding off that home crowd? They were at their best in Q1. In terms of margin of victory, believe TSN said about 2/3s of games this year have been decided in the final 3 minutes, so that would mean most games are within 7 or less right to the end would it not? Thus, we're not an outlier.

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I wonder how much of the Rider's offensive success was feeding off that home crowd? They were at their best in Q1. In terms of margin of victory, believe TSN said about 2/3s of games this year have been decided in the final 3 minutes, so that would mean most games are within 7 or less right to the end would it not? Thus, we're not an outlier.

Realistically, Sunday was their Grey Cup. They knew it and came out with their best effort of the year....and lost.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

YEAH...Wass more a case of the usual weathering the storm...then getting down to business....they scored a td on first drive...then that was it...and a good chunk of their offence was on scrambles by the Faj and our DB's dropping coverage too soon, or there was a bust...both things which can....and will be corrected for Banjo Bowl....Especially if we get our offence back in sync...I actually almost thinkj it looked a bit watered down, and we gonna see some different...possibly new things this weekend

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

YEAH...Wass more a case of the usual weathering the storm...then getting down to business....they scored a td on first drive...then that was it...and a good chunk of their offence was on scrambles by the Faj and our DB's dropping coverage too soon, or there was a bust...both things which can....and will be corrected for Banjo Bowl....Especially if we get our offence back in sync...I actually almost thinkj it looked a bit watered down, and we gonna see some different...possibly new things this weekend

Yep, 1st of 3 games in a month against the Riders - don't want to show them everything at once.

It feels like the defence is getting by more on reputation than actual performance as of late .. symptom of a depleted team for sure but I don't have the same confidence that this unit can shut the door like they have in the past.  We have holes on all three levels of that defence.  Hoping to see a stronger, more dominant performance at home.

Getting Couture back this week would be huge and hopefully his helps us establish a running game early.  Brady struggled a bit last game.  Saw a little of the dancing that made him ineffective early in the year but Saskatchewan also played the run well.  

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I think we see Couture back this week.

almost certain of it....be interesting if BA gets reps in practice...maybe he gets eased back in too....Assuming Souleymane slots in for Hansen...be logical choice to contribute on teams  moreso than the Machino just standing there all game

3 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yep, 1st of 3 games in a month against the Riders - don't want to show them everything at once.

yup...they got to see our base what we been doing most of the year...I expect them to get a good dose of "wtf ???" and have them s\running in circles

1 minute ago, voodoochylde said:

It feels like the defence is getting by more on reputation than actual performance as of late .. symptom of a depleted team for sure but I don't have the same confidence that this unit can shut the door like they have in the past.  We have holes on all three levels of that defence.  Hoping to see a stronger, more dominant performance at home.

Getting Couture back this week would be huge and hopefully his helps us establish a running game early.  Brady struggled a bit last game.  Saw a little of the dancing that made him ineffective early in the year but Saskatchewan also played the run well.  

I agree to an extent, but the halftime adjustments have still been excellent for us. Our first half D (especially first Q) has been absolutely nothing to write home about.

I’m holding out hope that we can maybe find ourselves some kind of WIL from the NFL cuts because we really do not need to be trotting out guys like Briggs, Clements or Gauthier no matter how much heart and soul they bring. Wouldn’t mind seeing more push from the interior DL either.

I dunno.....teams still rarely score TD's...we giving up less than 20 a game....there def is a method to our madness...I'm not too concerned...if we can put up a minimum of 20...25 points a game...9 times outta 10 we gonna win...anything more basically a guaranteed win

Just now, Mike said:

I agree to an extent, but the halftime adjustments have still been excellent for us. Our first half D (especially first Q) has been absolutely nothing to write home about.

I’m holding out hope that we can maybe find ourselves some kind of WIL from the NFL cuts because we really do not need to be trotting out guys like Briggs, Clements or Gauthier no matter how much heart and soul they bring. Wouldn’t mind seeing more push from the interior DL either.

yup....If we could find a killer Wil...and a true middle of the dline freak....we'd be set...

It feels like the defence is getting by more on reputation than actual performance as of late .. symptom of a depleted team for sure but I don't have the same confidence that this unit can shut the door like they have in the past.  We have holes on all three levels of that defence.  Hoping to see a stronger, more dominant performance at 

I think people also need to remember what we saw last year isn't sustainable. That was a once in a generation defense. Anyone who came into the year thinking we'd replicate that was bound to be let down. The defence is still great, just not history making great.

The D gave up 1 point in the second half and still gives up less points than anybody.

Teams still get little to nothing in the second half. 

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I think people also need to remember what we saw last year isn't sustainable. That was a once in a generation defense. Anyone who came into the year thinking we'd replicate that was bound to be let down. The defence is still great, just not history making great.

Completely agree. Last year’s D was historically good statistically.

U also have to factor in our defensive backfield and to lesser extent WIL has been a revolving door due to injuries all year long....thats huge...if and when we can get our guys all back, or get some back and solidify a spot with a new guy...and not have to replace them we will be just fine.....tho I still think we need a DT that garners a constant double team...we are lacking there

31 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

The D gave up 1 point in the second half and still gives up less points than anybody.

Teams still get little to nothing in the second half. 

I've been saying for at least the last 8 games that if we are within 3 at half-time, we are going to win.  Montreal game was weird for so many reasons (7-7 at half-time).

I honestly haven't thought that the Bombers were going to lose a game all year after the opening kickoff.

I'll admit to being a little stressed at times...

it's the injuries. Last year was a freak show because of how healthy we were the entire season. This year. we have had a TON of injuries and that's what's causing most of the "problems", but as has been noted, we're still not giving up many points, especially when it matters.