Hillbillies at Back 2 Back Champs Banjo Bowl Early talk

Nolby

1 hour ago, Bombertown said:

So we have 4 safeties now.... ??? Seems like they're doing some weeding... I guess we will see over the next few days

After looking at it more I think he could possibly fill a few positions. 

s is a slam dunk easy choice but I assume ba will be healthy for the stretch at this rate. 
 Wil he’d be undersized but he’s only 7 pounds lighter than Jesse Briggs. 
 Sam/hb he wasn’t a man to man cover guy in the nfl or college but being a cover safety in the nfl does have carry over for how dbs come up and play the ball/wr in halls defense. 

for a db he is really strong on top of being a great run jump athlete. Guys like that could easily be the future of the wil position in the cfl. 

I dont put too much stock in weight unless it's on one of the lines, or a severely underweight lb...like under 185 pounds

I dont think he was brought in thinking safety.....likely a DB of some sort....or even at WIL as a rotation, and or injury piece...then possibly 6th man when all are healthy...if you can play the spot, you can play the spot...and he seems to bring just what's required at one of the outside LB's spots

I'm sure the coaches have a plan...he's been our radar a while now hasn't he?

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I dont put too much stock in weight unless it's on one of the lines, or a severely underweight lb...like under 185 pounds

I dont think he was brought in thinking safety.....likely a DB of some sort....or even at WIL as a rotation, and or injury piece...then possibly 6th man when all are healthy...if you can play the spot, you can play the spot...and he seems to bring just what's required at one of the outside LB's spots

I'm sure the coaches have a plan...he's been our radar a while now hasn't he?

Weight has a lot of variance depending on build and height etc. some guys are much smaller and much stronger. 

I think he’d be really interesting fit at wil. Long term I think the commitment is to ba then Noah’s development with all the ni dbs. 

pretty sure he’s been on the neglist for a bit. 

23 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Weight has a lot of variance depending on build and height etc. some guys are much smaller and much stronger. 

I think he’d be really interesting fit at wil. Long term I think the commitment is to ba then Noah’s development with all the ni dbs. 

pretty sure he’s been on the neglist for a bit. 

yeah...I can really see him actually doing damn fine at WIL...and if and when Wilson returns, could see him get a nice rotation...BA will be safety until he quits...that much is a certainty...

13 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah...I can really see him actually doing damn fine at WIL...and if and when Wilson returns, could see him get a nice rotation...BA will be safety until he quits...that much is a certainty...

BA at WIL is an interesting concept... my guess based on the team's previous decisions is that he probably won't play there... but I wouldn't hate to see it 

Not sure how accurate the measurables are on the Bombers website but BA is listed at 180... Meanwhile, Wilson is 221, Clements is 224, Briggs is 207 and Cole is 210... BA certainly plays bigger than 180 but I wonder if he's big enough to handle the run stopping duties of that position... 

5 minutes ago, bearpants said:

BA at WIL is an interesting concept... my guess based on the team's previous decisions is that he probably won't play there... but I wouldn't hate to see it 

Not sure how accurate the measurables are on the Bombers website but BA is listed at 180... Meanwhile, Wilson is 221, Clements is 224, Briggs is 207 and Cole is 210... BA certainly plays bigger than 180 but I wonder if he's big enough to handle the run stopping duties of that position... 

BA at sam and Rutz at WIL would make some sense in a pinch...tho he's really finding his groove there....as a rookie and playing it well above average thats huge...he could develop into the dominant SAM in the league

32 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I don't think BA has the physical strength to play WIL on running downs. You gotta be able to get off your blocks and take on some big backs at that position. Not saying he couldn't do it effectively, but not the best fit for him when he can be our all star elsewhere.

26 minutes ago, Booch said:

BA at sam and Rutz at WIL would make some sense in a pinch...tho he's really finding his groove there....as a rookie and playing it well above average thats huge...he could develop into the dominant SAM in the league

Rutledge reminds me a lot of Moncrief in his rookie season.

Edited by GCn20

47 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I don't think BA has the physical strength to play WIL on running downs. You gotta be able to get off your blocks and take on some big backs at that position. Not saying he couldn't do it effectively, but not the best fit for him when he can be our all star elsewhere.

Rutledge reminds me a lot of Moncrief in his rookie season.

Agree, no better way to shorten his playing career than to muscle him up until he pops.  Mo Leggett was once in B.A.'s position, moved him to SAM and injuries took him out of the game within a few years. I hope they leave B.A. at Safety, his brain is his best asset, not his muscle.

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

If BA is back at safety running the back end, then I feel that Bighill can get back to just worrying about his position and not trying to compensate for the deficiencies elsewhere, and that makes us stronger in two positions. Don’t move Alexander into a Linebacker spot. 

BA will have a ripple effect throughout the lineup when defense is on field...will be the same impact it was when he moved there mid season in 2019 and we just took off defensively.

Wish we had a bit of an idea of what Wilson's exact injury was to Achilles....I know he didn't have surgery, and seems to be moving around fine...was it even confirmed it was an achilles?

But if Wilson was to follow BA back somewhere down the road, that would be so big for the defense...Like signing an NFL returnee....but better as he knows they system and his teamates inside out.

Toss in an Ellingson on the other side of the ball, and it's even better.....and with Agudosi....the mystery and non-disclosure of things is frustrating...but if he was to get back on field late in yr too...damn we be looking good

14 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

If BA is back at safety running the back end, then I feel that Bighill can get back to just worrying about his position and not trying to compensate for the deficiencies elsewhere, and that makes us stronger in two positions. Don’t move Alexander into a Linebacker spot. 

I agree, and if you must move him in game or something due to injury it has to be to SAM and definitely not WIL Lber. 

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

BA will have a ripple effect throughout the lineup when defense is on field...will be the same impact it was when he moved there mid season in 2019 and we just took off defensively.

Wish we had a bit of an idea of what Wilson's exact injury was to Achilles....I know he didn't have surgery, and seems to be moving around fine...was it even confirmed it was an achilles?

But if Wilson was to follow BA back somewhere down the road, that would be so big for the defense...Like signing an NFL returnee....but better as he knows they system and his teamates inside out.

Toss in an Ellingson on the other side of the ball, and it's even better.....and with Agudosi....the mystery and non-disclosure of things is frustrating...but if he was to get back on field late in yr too...damn we be looking good

We are a much better team when Couture, BA, Wilson, and Ellingson return. That is 4 all star caliber starters, how could we not. Some teams don't even have that many all star caliber players on their entire roster, we've been playing most of the year without 4 of ours. It's easy to lose track of that because of the talent we have without them, but on a lesser team losing 4 guys like that would put them in a precarious situation.

Some teams are looking at us as vulnerable this season without even taking into account we have not been healthy at any point this year. If we can get almost all our starters back in down the stretch people are going to be in for quite a rude awakening.

Edited by GCn20

we've had games and stretches where the guys you mentioned have been out, as well as Demski.....Jeffcoat....our 2 tackles played hurt for several games....Rose missed time, and still think something is bothering him...we've been bit hard by the injury bug this yr, but lot of fans in other cities don't see it as they dont realize we are using back-ups....thats the beauty of depth, that is starter quality

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

but lot of fans in other cities don't see it as they dont realize we are using back-ups....thats the beauty of depth, that is starter quality

Yeah other teams, especially teams just west, see their starters go down and the team suffer noticeably so injuries clearly aren't a problem for winnipeg because they're getting good performances out of people. 

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I agree, and if you must move him in game or something due to injury it has to be to SAM and definitely not WIL Lber. 

We are a much better team when Couture, BA, Wilson, and Ellingson return. That is 4 all star caliber starters, how could we not. Some teams don't even have that many all star caliber players on their entire roster, we've been playing most of the year without 4 of ours. It's easy to lose track of that because of the talent we have without them, but on a lesser team losing 4 guys like that would put them in a precarious situation.

Some teams are looking at us as vulnerable this season without even taking into account we have not been healthy at any point this year. If we can get almost all our starters back in down the stretch people are going to be in for quite a rude awakening.

100%.   The fact that we are winning without them is being understated.  

15 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

100%.   The fact that we are winning without them is being understated.  

No doubt. People being salty balls because we are not blowing everybody out need to take a look at our man games lost this season. 11-1 with the injuries we've had is an amazing achievement no matter how close  some of the games were. Many other teams with a fraction of the man games to the talent we've absorbed would be riding extensive losing streaks right now. Our depth is top notch.

Edited by GCn20