Hillbillies at Back 2 Back Champs Banjo Bowl Early talk

Nolby

Can you imagine the obliteration the NFL media would give a Head Coach that said he knew he would lose a challenge but wanted to support his player after a correct call was made? Particularly after they could have used that TO in a tight game? 

What a ******* doorknob. The worst franchise in the history of NA sports just never ceases to embarrass itself. 

30 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Can you imagine the obliteration the NFL media would give a Head Coach that said he knew he would lose a challenge but wanted to support his player after a correct call was made? Particularly after they could have used that TO in a tight game? 

Not like the game was well in hand for either side - lack of awareness. 

2 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Not like the game was well in hand for either side - lack of awareness. 

But doesn't that sum up this Rider team in a nutshell - lack of awareness?  Many (I won't say all because they do have some quality individuals on that team) simply bask in the echo chamber that they and their fans have created for themselves.  They are ego driven.  Feel that the league is out to get them.  It's an "us against them" mentality and it breeds selfishness.

That's what separates this club from that one.

Under O'Shea, it's never been "us against them" .. it's always been about being accountable, to yourself and your teammates.  Execute your assignments.  Give what you have to the guys on the field.  Be a professional.  If you do that, your accolades will come.  It breeds selflessness.

14 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

But doesn't that sum up this Rider team in a nutshell - lack of awareness?  Many (I won't say all because they do have some quality individuals on that team) simply bask in the echo chamber that they and their fans have created for themselves.  They are ego driven.  Feel that the league is out to get them.  It's an "us against them" mentality and it breeds selfishness.

Under O'Shea, it's never been "us against them" .. it's always been about being accountable, to yourself and your teammates.  Execute your assignments.  Give what you have to the guys on the field.  Be a professional.  If you do that, your accolades will come.  It breeds selflessness.

Yes. 

17 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

This is why we need O'Shea locked in a contract for 10 more years!! 

15 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Sask is totally a product of their environment...plain and simple...and an environment they curated and uphold....and hence why they a joke....and thats facts

17 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

I plan to come to the Banjo Bowl one day… not this year but maybe 2023. I had a group of Bomber fans invite me to their tailgate in 2018 should I ever make it out. 

You should come. Just plan it beforehand for accommodations as not every hotel in Winnipeg is walking distance to the stadium or tailgate events like in Regina.

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

This is why we need O'Shea locked in a contract for 10 more years!! 

O'Shea is quickly becoming a candidate for a statue outside the stadium, but I would never sign any coach to a 10 year contract. At some point and time every coach has a shelf life.

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

You should come. Just plan it beforehand for accommodations as not every hotel in Winnipeg is walking distance to the stadium or tailgate events like in Regina.

O'Shea is quickly becoming a candidate for a statue outside the stadium, but I would never sign any coach to a 10 year contract. At some point and time every coach has a shelf life.

3 yrs at a time I think works for both sides

we need Grant back....or use Mcrae or Parker.....Holm offers nothing really...scares nobody and wont be really flipping the field in our favour....sure he was dependable....but he also gaffed big time in pre-season too....BA sharing reps is big....

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

we need Grant back....or use Mcrae or Parker.....Holm offers nothing really...scares nobody and wont be really flipping the field in our favour....sure he was dependable....but he also gaffed big time in pre-season too....BA sharing reps is big....

I’d love to see Ford get a few returns too

Alexander returning is what this D was missing day one......He's more than just a devastating hitter out there, he is the glue.....The green guys will be in for some serious smack down when and if he suits up Sat.....I expect he will be in the Banjo or for sure the next one against the riders....Bout' time Brandon...we was missing ya

50 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Man I want Ellingson back in the lineup so badly.   

Has anyone heard an injury update on him?

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I'm from Grand forks and saw Holm for 6 seasons, so I may be biased but I'd like to see Parker back at PR and Holm at corner. I thought Parker looked skiddish. I don't remember much on special teams from Holm at UND except his 99 yard return for td. It was usually his opposite returning instead. At corner he was old reliable.

Edited by Bombertown

if he was sharing reps today....me thinks he gets on roster, and eased in....and agree...once he is back in place and in game form...we are transformed a lot....Maybe that Hassel gets up to speed fast and can fill in at Wilson's role as a bit of an undersized guy.....would still like to see Cole get some reps there too...dude is a missile on teams, is crazy athletic....faster than Wilson actually and is similar size

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

if he was sharing reps today....me thinks he gets on roster, and eased in....and agree...once he is back in place and in game form...we are transformed a lot....Maybe that Hassel gets up to speed fast and can fill in at Wilson's role as a bit of an undersized guy.....would still like to see Cole get some reps there too...dude is a missile on teams, is crazy athletic....faster than Wilson actually and is similar size

Hassel looks to have everything we need except CFL experience and I am thinking that if he is smart enough, he ought to pick that up quickly.

13 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Hassel looks to have everything we need except CFL experience and I am thinking that if he is smart enough, he ought to pick that up quickly.

agree...and fact he is a bit older at 27...has NFL game experience....he just may be on field sooner than later