Hillbillies at Back 2 Back Champs Banjo Bowl Early talk

Nolby

13 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I've been saying for at least the last 8 games that if we are within 3 at half-time, we are going to win.  Montreal game was weird for so many reasons (7-7 at half-time).

I honestly haven't thought that the Bombers were going to lose a game all year after the opening kickoff.

I'll admit to being a little stressed at times...

yeah the Mtl game was an odd one...burn out ans nagging nicks did us in I think.....and even then....if Leggs hits that totally makeable FG we still would have won....but looking back glad we lost that one, as going deep into the season undefeated may have influenced us to do things and play guys where it may have bit us in ass with a bad injury to the wrong guy

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Missing BA in the field is huge. 

People forget how good he is. 

and how he gets guys lined up right...makes sure they know assignment....we are missing that big time....plus his presence out there is also in back of the minds of receiver's....there hasn't been as much trepidation going through the middle like yrs past...but it's coming

Just now, Booch said:

and how he gets guys lined up right...makes sure they know assignment....we are missing that big time....plus his presence out there is also in back of the minds of receiver's....there hasn't been as much trepidation going through the middle like yrs past...but it's coming

Yup. He is like the Biggie for the secondary. He is like a coach out there on top of being the best at his position.

I think he is the best Bomber safety in my lifetime. 

35 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Yup. He is like the Biggie for the secondary. He is like a coach out there on top of being the best at his position.

I think he is the best Bomber safety in my lifetime. 

Up there with mo before he moved to Sam. 

We’ve narrowly won the ldc can we just bury these turds on home field please?

14 hours ago, Noeller said:

5 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

14 hours ago, Noeller said:

5 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I wonder how much of the Rider's offensive success was feeding off that home crowd? They were at their best in Q1. I

Don't most teams script their opening drives to attack the D where they've scouted weakness? 

I see a lot of games where an O comes out looking dominant in Q1 and then stalls as the DC makes  adjustments.  Figured the LDC was one of those games, where Maas planned a solid first quarter but Hall caught up with him.

Edited by johnzo
Mobile made a mess of quotes

9 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

The 2001 Bombers were 14-4. Their 14 wins were by margins of  32, 28, 20, 18, 14, 8, 7, 5, 4, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1. 

This year's teams 11 wins have been by 21, 15, 14, 14, 7, 7, 7, 2, 2, 2, 1.         

That 2001 team had a few more blow out wins but they had alot of close games as well.

Yeah, well...a lot of brain cells have flowed under the bridge in the last 21 years...so I stand by my comment...whatever it was 😜

The defensive talent that went elsewhere in the offseason was huge.  This year’s defence looked ready to absorb those losses with serviceable and/or promising replacements but the injuries have been crazy.  Losing Kyrie hurt bad because he was already in all-star form to start.

The revolving door at cornerback after losing Alford and Mike Jones also stings.  Loved the way Houston was coming along but Rose is a shadow of himself (lingering foot injury?)

For all that, the point they gave up in the second half was off a kick.  Can’t even hang that on the defence, no?

12 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

The 2001 Bombers were 14-4. Their 14 wins were by margins of  32, 28, 20, 18, 14, 8, 7, 5, 4, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1. 

This year's teams 11 wins have been by 21, 15, 14, 14, 7, 7, 7, 2, 2, 2, 1.         

That 2001 team had a few more blow out wins but they had alot of close games as well.

That 2001 team had a lot of arrogant blowhards playing for them with their heads in the clouds. Dave Ritchie  refused to bring them back down to Earth & tell them to shut up. The 2001 Bombers were the same as the Ti Cats in 2019 thinking the Stamps would just lay down & let them win. Well, all that preening, arrogance & trash talk fired up the Stamps who still had a large core of veteran players from the 98 & 99 Grey Cup games who were insulted. We lost that game by Wednesday of Grey Cup week. Everytime I think of that 2001 Grey Cup game, i still get angry. It didn't have to happen!!

The 2022 addition of the Bombers aren't anything like the 2001 team. they atre much more mature. We have a team that has won back to back championships. They approach game preparation totally different. All business. They don'r mouth off. They respect their opponents. If any of today's Bombers acted the way some of the 2001 Bombers did in the media that year, I think Mike O'Shea & veterans like Stanley Bryant, Pat Neufeld, Adam Bighill & Brandon Alexander would put a stop to it. O'Shea's teams aren't bombastic. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That 2001 team had a lot of arrogant blowhards playing for them with their heads in the clouds. Dave Ritchie  refused to bring them back down to Earth & tell them to shut up. The 2001 Bombers were the same as the Ti Cats in 2019 thinking the Stamps would just lay down & let them win. Well, all that preening, arrogance & trash talk fired up the Stamps who still had a large core of veteran players from the 98 & 99 Grey Cup games who were insulted. We lost that game by Wednesday of Grey Cup week. Everytime I think of that 2001 Grey Cup game, i still get angry. It didn't have to happen!!

The 2022 addition of the Bombers aren't anything like the 2001 team. they atre much more mature. We have a team that has won back to back championships. They approach game preparation totally different. All business. They don'r mouth off. They respect their opponents. If any of today's Bombers acted the way some of the 2001 Bombers did in the media that year, I think Mike O'Shea & veterans like Stanley Bryant, Pat Neufeld, Adam Bighill & Brandon Alexander would put a stop to it. O'Shea's teams aren't bombastic. 

yyup...no attitude or arrogance ere....maybe some self criticism and need/desire to get better...be better, and not let your brothers down...this team....well really this organization is wired differently than u usually see...prob wont see other than here...hence the 28-4 record since 2019...2 cups...and a good shot to be in our 3rd straight....It's all about who and what you bring into the building here that sets the tone...took a good 3 years to build it...but since then it's just been getting more solid as we roll along

3 hours ago, johnzo said:

Don't most teams script their opening drives to attack the D where they've scouted weakness? 

I see a lot of games where an O comes out looking dominant in Q1 and then stalls as the DC makes  adjustments.  Figured the LDC was one of those games, where Maas planned a solid first quarter but Hall caught up with him.

They do. Normally it’s 10-15 plays. If things go off script they often try to roll back into those plays later. 

the first series of plays are heavily practiced as well the week leading up. A good oc plans progressions off those plays and runs the same play from multiple looks. 

3 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

I plan to come to the Banjo Bowl one day… not this year but maybe 2023. I had a group of Bomber fans invite me to their tailgate in 2018 should I ever make it out. 

Please do. Bombers fans will mock you relentlessly (but in good humour) and if you sit next to Bomber fans, your eyes won't water the way they would when you sit downwind of a Rider fan at Mosaic.