Stumps @ Back 2 Back Champs: Week Of Thread

Noeller

17 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Calgary D line has looked imposing to me.

need to figure out how to keep Collaros upright, and healthy. 

actual photo of @Rod Black

giphy.gif

They have had their moments this year for sure. In the 1st game, they had 4 sacks and held the Bombers rushing attack to under 50yrds I believe. In our 2nd game, Zack was not sacked and the Bombers had 150yrds on the ground. I'm hoping our ground game can keep up the same pace as the last few weeks and that Buck game plans to help Zack out with the blitzes which he struggled to do in MTL.

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

No Mudge was not ever considered the greatest lineman who has ever played in the CFL. He won MOOL 1 time. and then went on to have 1 more all star season. Hell if you're going to compare Bryant to anyone it should be Walby and even Walby has admitted that Bryant is the better of the two. There hasn't ever been a "Dave Mudge is the best OL this league has ever seen" conversation.

And considering the Media plays a role on who gets the awards at the end of the year, you're wrong again.

Who has been better than Bryant? I'll concede this isn't his best year. But acting like he's even remotely replaceable is, again, ridiculous. And yes on Heavy formations the 6th OL plays basically a TE blocking position....which is what happened all throughout Bryants career...

Mudge was a very good O-lineman, especially for a Canuck, but Bryant has been nothing short of dominant. He will be very difficult to replace when the time comes.

Bryant has still played better than any tackle in the league even tho not up to his usual dominance...but he has been on a bad wheel for 3 games now?...might be 4...cant remember when he hurt it...but to be honest I was shocked he didnt miss any time...he might seem like he can be bull rushed a bit but its due to that....and even then...every guy can be moved back....it's the guys that have it consistently (hello whole Rider line) that suck

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Mudge was a very good O-lineman, especially for a Canuck, but Bryant has been nothing short of dominant. He will be very difficult to replace when the time comes.

agreed. Mudge was absolutely solid and had some fantastic years. But to suggest his name is mentioned when talking about the greatest the game has ever seen is just flat out making stuff up.

5 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Other interesting piece is that 2 imports leave the roster and only 1 import is added.  They added a global in Machino as the 7th OL.  He can sub for anyone.  We have 3 globals on the roster.  Interested to see if Machino gets some action, otherwise might question why they didn't add an import OL or DL instead.

very excited to see Machino get a chance to play. really liked what I saw from him in pre-season

It’s pretty incredible that we have three global players on the game day roster (and none of them are kickers). The Bombers scouting and coaching staff are at a different level when it comes to evaluating and developing talent. 

Also very relieved that Philpot is out for Calgary. He’s been instant field position much of the season. 

4 hours ago, O2L said:

It’s pretty incredible that we have three global players on the game day roster (and none of them are kickers). The Bombers scouting and coaching staff are at a different level when it comes to evaluating and developing talent. 

Also very relieved that Philpot is out for Calgary. He’s been instant field position much of the season. 

They still have Logan who has been just as dangerous if not more so. ST coverage needs to be on their **** tonight!

On 2022-08-24 at 10:56 AM, blue85gold said:

They listed McRae as the starting slotback but hopefully they'll mix in Harrison. McRae doesn't bring anything different to the offence from what Demski already does, and ZC could use a big target over the middle.

Like I said. McRae doesn't bring anything different to the offense from Demski. 100+ yards from scrimmage and a TD! Whoops.