2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

Ok, so, Willie Jefferson breaks the 50/50 mark (50 sacks, 50 pass knock downs). I'm sure the article was shared already - but I'll link it below.

One line stood out to me:

Jefferson has three sacks, 12 tackles, a Pick-6 and a league-leading seven pass knockdowns this season. And it could be argued the four-time CFL All-Star – and the league’s Most Outstanding Defensive Player – might be having his best season.

I was personally feeling Jefferson wasn't having that great of a season. It has been picking up a bit, but I didn't see him causing much pressure early. What say the mob?

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/07/27/jefferson-first-player-in-league-history-to-hit-50-50-mark/

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Ok, so, Willie Jefferson breaks the 50/50 mark (50 sacks, 50 pass knock downs). I'm sure the article was shared already - but I'll link it below.

Jefferson has three sacks, 12 tackles, a Pick-6 and a league-leading seven pass knockdowns this season. And it could be argued the four-time CFL All-Star – and the league’s Most Outstanding Defensive Player – might be having his best season.

I was personally feeling Jefferson wasn't having that great of a season. It has been picking up a bit, but I didn't see him causing much pressure early. What say the mob?

https://www.bluebombers.com/2022/07/27/jefferson-first-player-in-league-history-to-hit-50-50-mark/

Still an impactful player and has been more in the past 3-4 games than the first 3, but nowhere near as impactful as he was in 2018 for Sask and 2019 here.  I think that'll be his peak.

On 2022-07-26 at 9:24 AM, Geebrr said:

Nothing personal and we are in a bind with injuries, but this guy has literally never shown anything for us.

Underwhelming. I’d rather have seen one of the other camp guys come back. 

Dude is the new Charles Nelson 

So much for having aces up sleeves. Humph. Any port in a storm?

The reality is that Streveler is a better QB than 6 current CFL starters. 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Still an impactful player and has been more in the past 3-4 games than the first 3, but nowhere near as impactful as he was in 2018 for Sask and 2019 here.  I think that'll be his peak.

Agreed.

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Teams prepare for him more, when he gets double teamed etc. It just opens someone else up. He may not get the sexy stats of prior years, but still makes guys who play around him better and an integral cog to our D.

10 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Teams prepare for him more, when he gets double teamed etc. It just opens someone else up. He may not get the sexy stats of prior years, but still makes guys who play around him better and an integral cog to our D.

Must be one hell of a head ache, when you double team Jefferson and Bighill blitzes with no one free to pick him up.

15 hours ago, Jesse said:

He's absolutely been causing pressure. Lots of it. He's not getting home, but he is moving the pocket almost every play.

15 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Yah, I'd say Jefferson has been having a great season so far, stats. are for people who don't watch the games.

yup....he does a lot that the stats junkies or fans dont see....he has been causing issues all yr, and changing what teams try to do in game....just cause he isnt leading league in sacks, doesnt mean he's not what he was in 2018/2019...if anything he is better now...more rounded and more complete

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup....he does a lot that the stats junkies or fans dont see....he has been causing issues all yr, and changing what teams try to do in game....just cause he isnt leading league in sacks, doesnt mean he's not what he was in 2018/2019...if anything he is better now...more rounded and more complete

I think part of Thomas having a knockout season this year has been the extra attention teams are paying to our DE's on the edge.

55 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

I think part of Thomas having a knockout season this year has been the extra attention teams are paying to our DE's on the edge.

I dunno, I think Jake has been getting better every year, his penetration on bull rushes is amazing.  I think we need to start calling him "the angry fisherman".

Edited by Fatty Liver

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

Agreed.

I remember people claiming until about half way through 2019 that Willie wasn’t playing very well.

He disrupts teams in many many measurable and immeasurable ways.

Thst said, Biggie is still probably the MODP front runner and BA will be a huge addition when he gets back. 

HOFers at every level. Biggie and Willie are locks, and I think BA is one of the best safeties this league has ever seen. 

3 hours ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Love seeing Jefferson line up in the middle.  It really seems to throw opposing o-linemen for a loop.  The few times I spotted him there he wreaked havoc on whatever play the O had planned - very effective against BC.

yup....it really messes teams up...and if all goes well and Kongbo comes back and we can have him and Jeffcoat come off the edge...toss in a Wilcotts or Sayles or the Panzer...will really create havoc

4 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Jake has been the Bombers MOC up to this point.

I'd even go so far as to say Thompson has a nice foothold there...once he got a few games under his belt he been pretty good...brings the lumber and def has teams receivers looking over their shoulders...I was critical at first...but now he isn't a concern....basically was a raw rookie to start yr...so had some learnin' moments