2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

16 hours ago, Booch said:

yup....it really messes teams up...and if all goes well and Kongbo comes back and we can have him and Jeffcoat come off the edge...toss in a Wilcotts or Sayles or the Panzer...will really create havoc

I'd even go so far as to say Thompson has a nice foothold there...once he got a few games under his belt he been pretty good...brings the lumber and def has teams receivers looking over their shoulders...I was critical at first...but now he isn't a concern....basically was a raw rookie to start yr...so had some learnin' moments

Thompson had by far his best game of the year against EDM I thought

19 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I wonder if Lenius is a toxic mess like soo many riders or if he’s fit in. Would be great to be able to start three ni wrs for when ba is healthy. 

I remember watching him in the 2019 CFL Combine and he was very dominant, with his size he could be another Nik Lewis.  He had a fairly slow start in Sask. but so did Demski, and remember Fajardo was his QB in 2019 and 2021, he would be a good pickup if the Bombers could snag him.

9 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I remember watching him in the 2019 CFL Combine and he was very dominant, with his size he could be another Nik Lewis.  He had a fairly slow start in Sask. but so did Demski, and remember Fajardo was his QB in 2019 and 2021, he would be a good pickup if the Bombers could snag him.

Yeah love the talent. He’d fit in great here. 

Yup...I think in this environment..it be night and day with his production and attitude...I don't think he was a doucher like many there so he's prob a good kid still if he stays away from that cess pool....and why wouldn't a guy want to come to a team that starts 2 national recievers...has the best reputation in the league...is undefeated coming off of back to back cups...I know that would be my first choice..oh yeah..and has a QB who will deliver u the ball

Good old Jock Sanchez....errr Davis Sanchez stating on the halftime show that Calgary should have beaten us two weeks ago. Lmao, based on what exactly?!? BLM and his 187 yards passing?? People forget that even if Jorden holds onto that ball its a tie game and we get the ball back with like 50 seconds left, which is an eternity to try and get into field goal range to win. Choke on a fat one Sanchez.

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't know why anyone was crapping on him when it was clearly Rose that was causing the big plays.

Wasn't necessarily crapping in him. But I was critical of his pre season games where he always seemed to be a step too late and I was worried he would get picked on....which obviously hasn't been the case.

First game of yr..he was cheating too much in the run to come down with big hit..was lost a bit on the coverage help...but been coached up nicely and has been solid since...expected with a basic rookie..

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Wasn't necessarily crapping in him. But I was critical of his pre season games where he always seemed to be a step too late and I was worried he would get picked on....which obviously hasn't been the case.

I sure hope you weren’t crapping IN him…

15 hours ago, Booch said:

Plus we dropped 3 picks...Schoen dropped a TD and we made 2 huge st errors which gifted them 10 points..they were lucky to even be in that game

We also shouldnt have had a fumbled ball on the kick return early where Statz was clearly within 5 yards of Grant. Clean up all of that and I’m not as worried about tonight :) 

On 2022-07-28 at 11:42 AM, 17to85 said:

Yeah Jefferson makes teams account for him on every play. He is a complete disruptive force to a quarterback regardless of whether he is picking up stats or not.

Agreed. A stat that is impossible to quantify is how many times QBs are forced into bad throws trying to throw around him.  I would guess, based on the number of knockdowns he gets, that it is a lot.

On 2022-07-29 at 6:26 PM, wbbfan said:

I wonder if Lenius is a toxic mess like soo many riders or if he’s fit in. Would be great to be able to start three ni wrs for when ba is healthy. 

We will know the answer if he becomes available. If he chooses to go back to that toxic locker room then it says a lot about him too.

On 2022-07-29 at 6:56 PM, Fatty Liver said:

Meh on Lenius. His measurables got him an NFL look but he was pretty underwhelming in the CFL.

57 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Agreed. A stat that is impossible to quantify is how many times QBs are forced into bad throws trying to throw around him.  I would guess, based on the number of knockdowns he gets, that it is a lot.

We will know the answer if he becomes available. If he chooses to go back to that toxic locker room then it says a lot about him too.

Meh on Lenius. His measurables got him an NFL look but he was pretty underwhelming in the CFL.

tho....he was playing with the Faj and that sad sac offence....

18 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Ellingson wasn't lighting the world on fire last year either. He was pretty written off on the GDTs here. 

Truth.  Last year the Elks first game at IGF, they were about to get out from under their own goal posts on a nice pass from Harris to Ellingson… until Biggee absolutely lowered the boom on him just as he was securing the ball.  He got blown up, pass incomplete, TH crying about it, and many of us  thought Ellingson was on the steep downside of his career.

9 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Truth.  Last year the Elks first game at IGF, they were about to get out from under their own goal posts on a nice pass from Harris to Ellingson… until Biggee absolutely lowered the boom on him just as he was securing the ball.  He got blown up, pass incomplete, TH crying about it, and many of us  thought Ellingson was on the steep downside of his career.

I was pretty happy with Ellingson signing right from the start - basically assumed that his down year in stats was from being on a VERY bad Elks team last year.

Biggie blowing up a REC and forcing an incompletion/fumble/interception says more about Biggie than it says about the receiver getting blown up.  

Look at what he did to Dunbar this year.

30 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

I was pretty happy with Ellingson signing right from the start - basically assumed that his down year in stats was from being on a VERY bad Elks team last year.

Biggie blowing up a REC and forcing an incompletion/fumble/interception says more about Biggie than it says about the receiver getting blown up.  

Look at what he did to Dunbar this year.

For added context I wrote off just about anything to do with the Elizondo-coaches Elks that year!  Bang on how Biggie makes plenty of receivers look extra mortal.

Ellingson obviously a huge signing and he can’t come back soon enough.