2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

44 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

It is so expensive to do **** in TO and the CFL is so cheap, it just screams University kids as a market. 

You need to get girls there, guys will follow😂

Worked in Ottawa! 

I'm guessing either go that route or find a stadium in the Burbs where mid to upper class Canadian born citizens with families live and try that?

Man ...if he thinks there is a culture there in place to turn this joke around inhouse then he is dumber and more clueless than I thought....and I thought he was dumb and clueless....thats the defeatist response to a guy with no answers to solve the issues, and one who also I don't think actually see's them.....

15 hours ago, Goldkobra said:

Whats the major issue with going there? I haven't been to a game there, but i have driven by it. Seems no different from any other stadium in a big city.

If you go to a game in T.O., you certainly shouldn't drag a car along with you, take public transit, it works great and is a lot cheaper and easier.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Worked in Ottawa! 

I'm guessing either go that route or find a stadium in the Burbs where mid to upper class Canadian born citizens with families live and try that?

I've always thought that was the answer to the Argos problems, move them to the suburbs where the 40-70 age group live, they're burned out on big city life and avoid going downtown if they can help it.  Plus that's the group watching CFL games on TV.

I think we’ve got a better culture believe it or not in that locker room than we did last year, it just hasn’t translated necessarily on the field.”

Dickenson added. “I think this adversity is going to help us down the road, I don’t know if we will win the West, but I do know this, if we can get into the playoffs, we’ll be playing our best football, and we’re going to be a tough out when we get there.”

Ha!...that just reeks of "i'm a loser"....Culture is better...just doesnt translate on field??...that means nope....its not dumbass.....and If my coach said we weren't gonna win the West...I not sure how I stay checked in for rest of year if I'm a player....looks like its become play for the cheque and personal glory there now....

1 minute ago, GCJenks said:

I don't think he's looked a their schedule. I see them at most with 7 wins this season.

1 against Hamilton, their only remaining game against the East

2 x Edmonton

3 x Winnipeg

2 x Calgary 

2 x BC

If Calgary plays the way they did on Friday, there's no way the Riders can beat them. 

Funny thing is the Riders may have the second best shot at getting to the Grey Cup right now. The East is yet again a dumpster fire, so the crossover is probable. Saskatchewan only has to be better than Edmonton to get in, and Chris Jones is too busy building an entire new roster each week to worry about a consistent game plan. Once in the playoffs, wouldn’t shock me to see them pull off a couple of wins given the eastern competition. A much easier road than going through BC/Cal and then Winnipeg. Then they waltz in to a home Grey Cup game where once again they meet the Bombers for another historic first at IG Field West:

First pre-season game ever: Winnipeg ties Sask 

First regular season game ever: Winnipeg wins over Sask  

First playoff game ever: Winnipeg wins over Sask  

First West Final ever: Winnipeg wins over Sask  

First NHL game ever: Winnipeg wins (over Calgary, since Sask has no team)

First Grey Cup game ever: Bomber Three-peat!

Even if it meant having to put up with two Rider playoff victories, this would be glorious  

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Funny thing is the Riders may have the second best shot at getting to the Grey Cup right now. The East is yet again a dumpster fire, so the crossover is probable. Saskatchewan only has to be better than Edmonton to get in, and Chris Jones is too busy building an entire new roster each week to worry about a consistent game plan. Once in the playoffs, wouldn’t shock me to see them pull off a couple of wins given the eastern competition. A much easier road than going through BC/Cal and then Winnipeg. Then they waltz in to a home Grey Cup game where once again they meet the Bombers for another historic first at IG Field West:

First pre-season game ever: Winnipeg ties Sask 

First regular season game ever: Winnipeg wins over Sask  

First playoff game ever: Winnipeg wins over Sask  

First West Final ever: Winnipeg wins over Sask  

First NHL game ever: Winnipeg wins (over Calgary, since Sask has no team)

First Grey Cup game ever: Bomber Three-peat!

Even if it meant having to put up with two Rider playoff victories, this would be glorious  

I can see the Elks over taking them to be honest

Just now, Booch said:

I can see the Elks over taking them to be honest

I can’t. The inmates may be running the asylum in Regina, but their defence can keep them in a few games, and Chris Jones is in charge of a circus next province over. Cutting a quarter of your roster in one week for a major airlift, playing players out of position, and the fashion in which they have lost (multiple blowouts) and won (Hamilton literally handed them the win, Montreal blew a 19 point lead) shows me that Jones is more Nutty Professor than Mad Scientist. 

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

The angle pubs and restaurants could take is tying a shuttle to the game with food/drink. That is what it is here. 

They eat their meal go watch the game and come back hopefully to keep eating/drinking after. 

I do like the idea of tying it into soccer. That said, I’m not wanting to pay more for Bomber tickets to see  Valour FC here

Spent a lot of time in Toronto in my mid-20's....personally hate the location at the CNE of the current stadium.  Terrible access from anywhere.  The dome is a much better location but kind of sterile for football.  They need something in proximity to a major subway station, that's why the Dome is so awesome you jump out at Union Station from damn near anywhere in Southern Ontario and walk over.   CNE you have to basically get to Union Station then jump on a bus or streetcar.  Riding the bus is riding the bus anywhere...sucks.

I don't really know how TFC does it, but they have the better dates I guess.  Soccer became trendy.  They were just starting out when I was spending time there.

Some of the earlier ideas about Varsity (basically on U of T campus) or York campus were probably best.  That was when they had the two owners with no money who looked good on TV, 20 years ago.  York is really accessible from the whole region too.  The Varsity area might get some younger people, U of T students, but in my experience of Toronto wouldn't be a place I'd want to have my family with me at 10 PM.

How do the Riders get better?  Even if Fajardo is a guy you believe in he's out there on one leg.  How does that get better during this season when you throw him out there week after week?  He looked a little more peppy in the first quarter of the last game after having a week off then by halftime he could barely move again.  Bye weeks aren't going to do it.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

If you go to a game in T.O., you certainly shouldn't drag a car along with you, take public transit, it works great and is a lot cheaper and easier.

Most of the challenges I'm hearing and reading about don't sound any different from any other game in a major city. I've been to NFL,  NHL and MLB games in the US and Canada.  They're all nightmares to get in and out of. If you drive,  they're all expensive to park at. The CFL needs to come to grips with the fact that Toronto is a dead market and start paying attention to the fans that actually care.

10 minutes ago, Goldkobra said:

Most of the challenges I'm hearing and reading about don't sound any different from any other game in a major city. I've been to NFL,  NHL and MLB games in the US and Canada.  They're all nightmares to get in and out of. If you drive,  they're all expensive to park at. The CFL needs to come to grips with the fact that Toronto is a dead market and start paying attention to the fans that actually care.

BC always baffles me.  Beautiful stadium.  Right down town Vancouver.  Easy to get to, lots of parking, that isn't that bad financially, if you want to walk a bit.  And yet those bozos don't go to games.  Just so freaking dumb.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I can’t. The inmates may be running the asylum in Regina, but their defence can keep them in a few games, and Chris Jones is in charge of a circus next province over. Cutting a quarter of your roster in one week for a major airlift, playing players out of position, and the fashion in which they have lost (multiple blowouts) and won (Hamilton literally handed them the win, Montreal blew a 19 point lead) shows me that Jones is more Nutty Professor than Mad Scientist. 

Saskatchewan literally gave up last game. Dickenson has lost the room. They are done like dinner. You can see it in the look in their faces. This gets uglier, not better. 

There is nothing easy about going East, on the road for two weeks, with undisciplined and selfish players. Look at their current record vs the East as proof. Ask any CFL player and their is a lot temptation out there in the East and a lot of 20 something players making the trip out of the turd bowl that is Regina. There is a reason West teams never win the crossover, it's a brutal road trip.

Edited by GCn20

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

They have to be in 4th place and better than the 3rd place east team. They aren't in a position to even think about doing that

I dont know about that. Montreal is currently in 3rd place at 2-5, and are about to face us back-to back. Assuming Ottawa stays in the basement, Montreal may be 2-7 halfway through the season. Thats a very low bar for the Riders to hurdle.

52 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I dont know about that. Montreal is currently in 3rd place at 2-5, and are about to face us back-to back. Assuming Ottawa stays in the basement, Montreal may be 2-7 halfway through the season. Thats a very low bar for the Riders to hurdle.

yeah....but if the ELKS surpass them...it's moot as the 4th place Elk go east....and even tho Jones is a hot mess and seems like he just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks...he will have whatever he fields playing inspired ball...as a team...the Riders....won't be

1 minute ago, Booch said:

yeah....but if the ELKS surpass them...it's moot as the 4th place Elk go east....and even tho Jones is a hot mess and seems like he just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks...he will have whatever he fields playing inspired ball...as a team...the Riders....won't be

Believe me, nothing would make me happier than the Riders missing the playoffs all-together. I just cant see them finishing behind Deadmonton.

38 minutes ago, Booch said:

Haven’t seen anything inspiring from the Elks yet this year. 

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

There is a reason West teams never win the crossover, it's a brutal road trip.

And there are always still 1 or 2 decent teams in the East. Hamilton played a solid GC last year. They can certainly beat the 4th place team from the West. 

5 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

And there are always still 1 or 2 decent teams in the East. Hamilton played a solid GC last year. They can certainly beat the 4th place team from the West. 

Any given Sunday and all, but that was a totally different team. No more Masoli to bail out Evans, Acklin gone, Banks gone, Ja'Gared Davis gone, etc. Theyve regressed big time.