2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I can't find the stats but where the Riders not the most or one of the most penalized teams last year? 

it wouldn't surprise me at all. I remember when they brought Maas on board, and we all said "this offense is going to be full of temper tantrums and zero discipline" because that's exactly what the L'ks had been under him. Surprise, surprise...what do we have with the Gappers?? 

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

it wouldn't surprise me at all. I remember when they brought Maas on board, and we all said "this offense is going to be full of temper tantrums and zero discipline" because that's exactly what the L'ks had been under him. Surprise, surprise...what do we have with the Gappers?? 

He was yelling at his rookie QB all game

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

and....Riders think thats smart?...or is it their plan for an already made pregame excuse...and something to complain about when he gets hit....it's not like temas will let up...and if anything will go harder now within the rules...what a dumb organization

Soo dumb. A none mobile fajardo is below replacement level. The bottom third of the league is wide open. They have no reason to do any thing but protect him. 

the dicker boys of sask are truly the dumbest and poorest run organization the league has seen since the gliebermens. 

20 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Watch him play and then cry about opponents "targeting" his bum knee. And then Dickenson will follow that up by saying the refs are against his team.

FaJ wasn't born yesterday, he's just trying to swerve everyone.

It's actually his right knee that is injured.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

and....Riders think thats smart?...or is it their plan for an already made pregame excuse...and something to complain about when he gets hit....it's not like temas will let up...and if anything will go harder now within the rules...what a dumb organization

This year is make or break for the Riders. Hosting the Grey Cup... The added pressure is making their decisions even more questionable. If they miss the Grey Cup game I see Dickenson getting canned and them moving on from Fajardo

5 hours ago, Booch said:

well it's been building up in him....cause he hasnt much at The Faj cause Diclesson said not to, cause it could make him cry...and fake an injury

Maas is a loose cannon. I think he's on his way out of the CFL. Can you imagine him yelling at a veteran like Collaros? Or a gold plated rookie like Rourke? First, both head coaches O'Shea & Campbell wouldn't stand for it & neither would the players. I don't think Fajardo would either. Dickenson is so wishy washy that he'd let Maas yell at Dolegala unchecked. No one will hire Maas as a HC because of his temper. It's okay to be intense & want to win. It's another to be stupid & angry all the time ratching out at every incompletion. Players just tune out.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

27 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Maas is a loose cannon. I think he's on his way out of the CFL. Can you imagine him yelling at a veteran like Collaros? Or a gold plated rookie like Rourke? First, both head coaches O'Shea & Campbell wouldn't stand for it & neither would the players. I don't think Fajardo would either. Dickenson is so wishy washy that he'd let Maas yell at Dolegala unchecked. No one will hire Maas as a HC because of his temper. It's okay to be intense & want to win. It's another to be stupid & angry all the time ratching out at every incompletion. Players just tune out.

The old strong hard ass coach is going the way of the dinosaur I believe. I think its a good thing to be honest.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

The old strong hard ass coach is going the way of the dinosaur I believe. I think its a good thing to be honest.

well now hold on, could we really say that O'Shea isn't a hard ass?  I'd say he is (and this isn't just me talking, this is my neighbour talking who played for him in Toronto when he was a special teams coach) but that being said, he's a hard ass who has played the game and doesn't ask any more of his players than he was willing to put out there on the field when he was a player.  The players who really want to be part of the team (in the whole sense of that word) get that.  You are a hard ass, because you are playing for the rest of the guys around you, who are also hard asses.  Losing isn't an option.  You are playing for your fellow brothers.  If that's not "hard ass" then I don't know what is.  Guys like Maas will never get that.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

38 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

well now hold on, could we really say that O'Shea isn't a hard ass?  I'd say he is (and this isn't just me talking, this is my neighbour talking who played for him in Toronto when he was a special teams coach) but that being said, he's a hard ass who has played the game and doesn't ask any more of his players than he was willing to put out there on the field when he was a player.  The players who really want to be part of the team (in the whole sense of that word) get that.  You are a hard ass, because you are playing for the rest of the guys around you, who are also hard asses.  Losing isn't an option.  You are playing for your fellow brothers.  If that's not "hard ass" then I don't know what is.  Guys like Maas will never get that.

I think the difference is some guys, like O'Shea, know when it is acceptable to be a hard ass... and when it is not... others, like Maas, think yelling all the time is only answer

Fajardo is your only capable QB,they find out he has MCL damage and won't bench him until it's begun to heal??? He's one twist,tackle or fall away from being sidelined until next year. If Sask has any brain cells then they'll rest him.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The constant yelling, belittling a player's manhood, feeling that players should play through injuries old school coach is what I mean. I feel like MOS sets high expectations but is more of a has the players backs players coach than a hardass. Maas with the constant yelling is an old school hardass.

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

There's a time & a place. The really good coaches pick their spots while keeping their tempers in check. I didn't mind a coach yelling at me if I screwed up. My son Tyler who played for Jacques Chapdelaine at SFU said Chaps was always hard on him but he said he that he was okay with it. sometimes it was a drag as he was an intense coach who demanded Tyler's best all the time.

A few years ago, I was watching a CFL game with Tyler. The qb had thrown a bad pass & it was picked off. The camera cut to Chaps on the sideline just glaring.. Tyler started to laugh & said, "Uh oh. I know that look!! Glad it's him (the other qb) coming off & not me."