2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

well now hold on, could we really say that O'Shea isn't a hard ass?  I'd say he is (and this isn't just me talking, this is my neighbour talking who played for him in Toronto when he was a special teams coach) but that being said, he's a hard ass who has played the game and doesn't ask any more of his players than he was willing to put out there on the field when he was a player.  The players who really want to be part of the team (in the whole sense of that word) get that.  You are a hard ass, because you are playing for the rest of the guys around you, who are also hard asses.  Losing isn't an option.  You are playing for your fellow brothers.  If that's not "hard ass" then I don't know what is.  Guys like Maas will never get that.

Are you saying MOS is a hard ass? 

You can set high expectations without being a hard ass. No one responds to leaders who are always angry. But you show players what the expectations are and have their backs when they try and reach it then you actually get people to reach that potential. 

Same in anything. Any of you like a boss that always gets mad when mistakes happen? Or do you work better when the boss says "hey this needs to be better, here's how we're going to accomplish that"

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You can set high expectations without being a hard ass. No one responds to leaders who are always angry. But you show players what the expectations are and have their backs when they try and reach it then you actually get people to reach that potential. 

Same in anything. Any of you like a boss that always gets mad when mistakes happen? Or do you work better when the boss says "hey this needs to be better, here's how we're going to accomplish that"

High expectations! 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Bang on. Mos sets an extremely high bar for effort, preparedness, physicality  and team work. He doesn’t enforce it with an iron fist, he doesn’t have to. He leads by example and has built a culture where the locker room checks it self. 

if any thing guys don’t want to disappoint mos or let down the trust he puts in them. That’s why he gets the most out of players. 

watching the grey cup parade in the stadium the best example of his leadership was him and his wife picking up garbage off the field. Idk how many coaches in the league would do that. But he did it with a smile. 

some times his personnel choices drive me crazy. But man id have no problem giving him a life time contract because he’s always going to lead a high character team   

I get the feeling MOS doesn't yell at his guys... he gives them the "I'm disappointed" look when they screw up.

I bet most players would prefer getting screamed at to getting that look from a guy they respect (and therefore work harder to not get the look vs. not get yelled at)

Edited by BomberfanMKS

9 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

I get the feeling MOS doesn't yell at his guys... he gives them the "I'm disappointed" look when they screw up.

I bet most players would prefer getting screamed at to getting that look from a guy they respect (and therefore work harder to not get the look vs. not get yelled at)

I think it's more of a "what are you going to do next time" approach.

But there's no tolerance for bullshit.  Like Duke Williams going to media today saying he didn't do what he got suspended for and he "dogged out" Richardson, Dinwiddie's lying.  On this team the focus is always on the next game, the next play.  Sask is in some kind of competition to be the loudest barking dog but don't have any focus on the actual goal.

47 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

But there's no tolerance for bullshit.  Like Duke Williams going to media today saying he didn't do what he got suspended for and he "dogged out" Richardson, Dinwiddie's lying.  On this team the focus is always on the next game, the next play.  Sask is in some kind of competition to be the loudest barking dog but don't have any focus on the actual goal.

he said he didnt swing a helmet at a dude?

The Riders will lose bad Friday. I predict I throw my hat by the middle of the 2nd quarter.

Even more sadly, I’m post-op and on antibiotics so I can’t even drink the pain away.

Debated going to Calgary for the Stampeders vs. Bombers game, but the surgery was of the emergency variety. Still excited to watch that one none the less.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Bang on. Mos sets an extremely high bar for effort, preparedness, physicality  and team work. He doesn’t enforce it with an iron fist, he doesn’t have to. He leads by example and has built a culture where the locker room checks it self. 

if any thing guys don’t want to disappoint mos or let down the trust he puts in them. That’s why he gets the most out of players. 

watching the grey cup parade in the stadium the best example of his leadership was him and his wife picking up garbage off the field. Idk how many coaches in the league would do that. But he did it with a smile. 

some times his personnel choices drive me crazy. But man id have no problem giving him a life time contract because he’s always going to lead a high character team   

A coach or manager doesn’t need to yell or scream at the players if they know what is expected and the consequence of diminished performance. MOS doesn’t yell at the refs either, his staff and squad see that. 

25 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

The Riders will lose bad Friday. I predict I throw my hat by the middle of the 2nd quarter.

Even more sadly, I’m post-op and on antibiotics so I can’t even drink the pain away.

Debated going to Calgary for the Stampeders vs. Bombers game, but the surgery was of the emergency variety. Still excited to watch that one none the less.

Hope you have a speedy recovery. 

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

https://3downnation.com/2022/07/27/if-youre-not-a-dog-and-youre-weak-you-make-up-excuses-riders-duke-williams-vehemently-denies-spitting-on-argos-db-shaq-richardson/

Literally the only thing that team is good at is making excuses 

Forget spitting (which is bad enough and he definitely did twice that game and once last year ) you threw a helmet at the face of a guy not wearing one. 

Dirt bag 

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I'm guessing he doesn't talk to Fajardo very often

24 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Or his coach. 

When asked by Regina Leader-Post reporter Murray McCormick if being accused of spitting on someone is as low as it gets in the CFL, Williams replied simply: “Yeah, I guess so.”

Perhaps not as low as, oh, I don't know, actually spitting on someone? I hate the Riders so much. I take it back...I hope BC destroys them.

27 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

When asked by Regina Leader-Post reporter Murray McCormick if being accused of spitting on someone is as low as it gets in the CFL, Williams replied simply: “Yeah, I guess so.”

Perhaps not as low as, oh, I don't know, actually spitting on someone? I hate the Riders so much. I take it back...I hope BC destroys them.

Isn't swing a helmet at another player lower?

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Hope you have a speedy recovery. 

https://3downnation.com/2022/07/27/if-youre-not-a-dog-and-youre-weak-you-make-up-excuses-riders-duke-williams-vehemently-denies-spitting-on-argos-db-shaq-richardson/

Literally the only thing that team is good at is making excuses 

Forget spitting (which is bad enough and he definitely did twice that game and once last year ) you threw a helmet at the face of a guy not wearing one. 

Dirt bag 

yup...thats the kind of dickwad I would want as a "leader" on my squad...total loser

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

hope u doing well...

2 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Oh **** man, I hope you have a speedy recovery. Wishing the best, dude.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Isn't swing a helmet at another player lower?

IDKAT, I would say that deliberately taking a flying shot at a prone QBs lower leg in an attempt  to injure him and clowning about it afterwards might be just a little bit  lower.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

MUCH better! 

I have been in Saskatoon for the last couple of days and happened to catch CJME radio's Rider adulation show. apparently he is unquestionably the toughest player in the CFL. They played an audio clip where said " my ACL is damaged but not torn or stretched". What?????