2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

Seems like the common denominator in these scheduling issues is the Argos.  All of this gerry-mandering to suit one team that can't even get 5,000 fans out to a game.  John Candy must be looking down right now and just shaking his head.  The Argos need to go and get a Flutie to come north and save that franchise.  The people of Toronto just don't care about the Argos.  At all.

On 2022-07-29 at 2:43 PM, do or die said:

I drink gin all of the time and my liver still functions.   Now, some would call me a hero, but I prefer to downplay such talk......

I hear ya...everytime I get bloodwork done..the doctor goes from amazement, to a double check to make sure what he is reading is correct, then disappointment and concern...but dammit I'm a gamer...FIFO.

If the Saskatchewan Roughriders are angry about the CFL’s awkward scheduling, they aren’t saying it out loud.

Only in the CFL could one team play its eighth game of the season against another squad playing its sixth. That was the quirky scenario faced by the Riders in their 32-17 loss to the B.C. Lions on Friday night, dropping their record to 4-4.

Hey, Dummy, you know who was playing game 8 against another squad playing its 6th and coming up  a bye? The Winnipeg Blue Bombers and they were doing it on the road not a home. 

https://3downnation.com/2022/08/01/saskatchewan-roughriders-not-blaming-tough-schedule-for-losing-streak/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

If the Saskatchewan Roughriders are angry about the CFL’s awkward scheduling, they aren’t saying it out loud.

Only in the CFL could one team play its eighth game of the season against another squad playing its sixth. That was the quirky scenario faced by the Riders in their 32-17 loss to the B.C. Lions on Friday night, dropping their record to 4-4.

Hey, Dummy, you know who was playing game 8 against another squad playing its 6th and coming up  a bye? The Winnipeg Blue Bombers and they were doing it on the road not a home. 

https://3downnation.com/2022/08/01/saskatchewan-roughriders-not-blaming-tough-schedule-for-losing-streak/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Sadly I couldn’t resist clicking on what I knew would be a trash article.

”on several occasions the Riders had two fewer days rest than their opponents, leading to losses against two beatable eastern teams”

lmfao what a absolute load of whining and crying.  We’re incredulous at the Bombers schedule too but hot damn… Brendan McGuire maybe go have an ice cream cone and rest your typing fingers.  They’re clearly exhausted from all the public handwringing!

1 hour ago, Booch said:

They have a good core of fans...but for the causal or tire kickers going to BMO us a major pain in the arse...so they watch on tv...the draw good tv audience...just going to games for most is a real process 

Yep..my brother lives in TO and he says that the sports bars are full for Argo games. Passionate fans of the double blue. However, everyone he asks about attending games says the same thing...too much of a pain in the ass to go.

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Yep..my brother lives in TO and he says that the sports bars are full for Argo games. Passionate fans of the double blue. However, everyone he asks about attending games says the same thing...too much of a pain in the ass to go.

Yup...going to downtown for Leafs or Jays games way easier

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Sask has a bye this week? Must be nice! Cushy ass schedule...

not opening it. 

brendan mcguire?

That site had the audacity to ask you to pay for **** like this.

Edited by Geebrr

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

That's truly sad.  I hated Rogers before but now I just want that ****-bag of a company to die the horrible death it deserves.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Argos attendance is just painful to see considering it's one of the largest cities in all of North America. And as for the Argos/Ticats scheduling,I have no clue who's in charge of making the season schedule but how the hell do you have 4 straight games against the same team?? We couldn't even play Ottawa once last year in a 14 game schedule in a league of 9 teams?? Just stupid .

4 hours ago, Booch said:

They have a good core of fans...but for the causal or tire kickers going to BMO us a major pain in the arse...so they watch on tv...the draw good tv audience...just going to games for most is a real process 

Whats the major issue with going there? I haven't been to a game there, but i have driven by it. Seems no different from any other stadium in a big city.

50 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

WTF why did Toronto drop 4 spots?   

That is a clown show of a web site. 

12 hours ago, Goldkobra said:

Whats the major issue with going there? I haven't been to a game there, but i have driven by it. Seems no different from any other stadium in a big city.

I'm not sure. I'll ask my brother what his thoughts are on it. I did find this link though...

https://3downnation.com/2021/10/08/getting-to-bmo-field-in-toronto-is-a-terrible-experience/

Edited by GCn20

The CFL just doesn’t exist there from anyone I know/have known that lives there. 

There are enough transplants that there should be a fair number of CFL fans around. 

If there are people who would go if it was easier then they should be setting up the shuttle thing the Bombers have going on. Park + Ride plus work with restaurants/pubs to set up shuttles to get dropped off like at IGF

13 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

The CFL just doesn’t exist there from anyone I know/have known that lives there. 

There are enough transplants that there should be a fair number of CFL fans around. 

If there are people who would go if it was easier then they should be setting up the shuttle thing the Bombers have going on. Park + Ride plus work with restaurants/pubs to set up shuttles to get dropped off like at IGF

The pubs and restaurants already have a good thing going because Argos fans do go out on game day...to them...instead of the game. But you are right, the logistical nightmare of getting to and from a game, couple with ownership that does absolutely zero to market the games had attendance at an all time low.

The walkable, easy drive or public transit residential areas around BMO are populated primarily by non-traditional (european, asian, african immigrants) potential fans who will go to soccer games instead. If MLSE tied soccer and football together (mixed ticket packages or something) perhaps they could build interest amongst new Canadians to learn the game and develop a fan base that would actually attend.

I owned a neighborhood restaurant/lounge at one time and the population demographics changed and I had to sell it to Chinese immigrants who now have a successful dim sum place. It happens. I moved to the other end of the city, where my former demographic had all moved, and enjoyed success again with a lot of my former regulars actually showing up. lol. The Argos can't pivot like that unless they can find stadium space outside the metro but if they could it would probably help a lot.

Edited by GCn20

The angle pubs and restaurants could take is tying a shuttle to the game with food/drink. That is what it is here. 

They eat their meal go watch the game and come back hopefully to keep eating/drinking after. 

I do like the idea of tying it into soccer. That said, I’m not wanting to pay more for Bomber tickets to see  Valour FC here

Just now, Geebrr said:

The angle pubs and restaurants could take is tying a shuttle to the game with food/drink. That is what it is here. 

They eat their meal go watch the game and come back hopefully to keep eating/drinking after. 

I do like the idea of tying it into soccer. That said, I’m not wanting to pay more for Bomber tickets to see  Valour FC here

yeah they need to all get on board there.....it could be a real good thing/experience there if done right...need a new hip progressive person to run and market that org

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah they need to all get on board there.....it could be a real good thing/experience there if done right...need a new hip progressive person to run and market that org

It is so expensive to do **** in TO and the CFL is so cheap, it just screams University kids as a market. 

You need to get girls there, guys will follow😂

You know, another thing I love about osh and company ( and by extension the players ) is that when asked about the schedule they say its " perfect " and they love it. 

The culture is that of no excuses. That's a winning formula.

That being said man the argos playing the cats 4 weeks in a row is incredibly stupid, flat out embarrassing honestly