2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

11 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Back to the old look with a new font for the evil empire. 

https://www.cfl.ca/2022/03/03/elks-unveil-return-of-iconic-double-e-helmet-logo/

2022-edmonton-elks-helmet.jpg

I like it because it's classic. I really respect when franchises can maintain a simple logo, rather than continually changing it. It's a sign of success.

However, I loved the antlers. It was unique look that perfectly fitted the new brand and was something different than the typical letter/image on the side.

I thought the antlers could have been a good look, but the concept was poorly executed. 

A number of alternate designs were put forward. The design on this green helmet was a better version IMO, although not perfect. 
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnFNjEHmXsVnwIvCsmYQe

Also, the design at #1 in this grouping was an improvement over what they went with in the end. 
vdVaB9C.gif

30 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I like it because it's classic. I really respect when franchises can maintain a simple logo, rather than continually changing it. It's a sign of success.

However, I loved the antlers. It was unique look that perfectly fitted the new brand and was something different than the typical letter/image on the side.

Is it really a sign of success though?

Exhibit A: 

saskatchewan_roughriders_2016-pres.png

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Back to the old look with a new font for the evil empire. 

https://www.cfl.ca/2022/03/03/elks-unveil-return-of-iconic-double-e-helmet-logo/

2022-edmonton-elks-helmet.jpg

Did not care for the antlers. Thought the shoulder patch logo was a lot better although #1 of that grouping as you said looks nice. Triple colour helps a lot.

Course everything beats a plain ole W. 

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

15 minutes ago, JCon said:

I liked the antlers but the EE is just so simple and classic. Bring the antlers back as an alternative every so often. 

This. I didn't hate the antlers, but the EE is a good look, and for what Cui is trying to achieve, it's a smart move....

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Problem is that “success” has 3 S’s, whereas “suck” has only the one, so that “S” above is truly a sign of “suck”. 

Good catch. Did anyone else notice that the word success almost has as many S's as the Riders have Grey Cups....and it's only a 7 letter word.

3 hours ago, JCon said:

I liked the antlers but the EE is just so simple and classic. Bring the antlers back as an alternative every so often. 

Agree. It'd be cool if they tied the idea from the antler helmets into shoulder pad pin striping or some thing. Even just the EE gloves with antlers would be cool. 

On 2022-03-04 at 8:28 AM, Jesse said:

BC is talking about another logo & uniform change. They change more often than a guy's underwear with diarrhea who is always late to the bathroom. They also better not mess with our logo & uniforms. 

On 2022-03-04 at 12:38 PM, wbbfan said:

Agree. It'd be cool if they tied the idea from the antler helmets into shoulder pad pin striping or some thing. Even just the EE gloves with antlers would be cool. 

I think most Elks fans don't ever want to see the antlers again.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And as usual, the East will crash & burn like it always does. 

National cfl media says this every year. And it's never true. 

The west lost Reilly but the east didn't gain any one either. 

Fajardo and vaj are a wash. 

Masoli vs Maier and blm edge Calgary. 

Mbt vs heavy balls is a draw in my books. Edm has 3 really good development guys. 

Collaros over Evans all day. 

Then you have bc with little more than hope and a passport.

I think you could argue mbt and edm is a win for tor. And that's fine. I'd rather have edms qbs than tors all day. But even then the west wins. 

But really If you want a success indicator compare lines. 

Edited by wbbfan