2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

I actually watched the video where the quote in that headline came from, nobody was crying or complaining. It was actually very interesting getting to see behind the scenes footage from the war room. even if it is for another team. I wish the Bombers had something like Behind the R. Anyone that wants to grow interest in the CFL especially with a younger crowd would undoubtedly agree we should have a show like this.

3 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I actually watched the video where the quote in that headline came from, nobody was crying or complaining. It was actually very interesting getting to see behind the scenes footage from the war room. even if it is for another team. I wish the Bombers had something like Behind the R. Anyone that wants to grow interest in the CFL especially with a younger crowd would undoubtedly agree we should have a show like this.

Sorry, no sympathy for Burke & the RedBlacks. He can go suck a lemon. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We can say the same thing about the RedBlacks raiding other teams rosters. This, "WHY? WHY? WHY???" crying is so childish. Ottawa, BC & Edmonton drove up salaries & then they ***** & complain??? Reminds me of a punk who carries thinking he's the biggest & baddest dude out there until he meets someone who is bigger & badder than him and calls him out. Burke just thought throwing $$$ at players would solve everything until another team did the same thing. As much as I hate Chris Jones, if it ended up coating Burke more money than he wanted to pay then that's good. The people that run this league..... What a joke. 

One more thing. the RedBlacks have the worst HC & OC in the CFL. I don't care how good Massoli plays, he'll have the yoke of Paul LaPolice around his neck on every play holding him back. Can't squander a ten point lead in the second half. 

Of all the teams in the Eastern Division, I hate the RedBlacks the most. Ever since they came back they act like the CFL owes them. Can't stand this sense of entitlement that Desjardins built with the team & it's fanbase. 

On 2022-02-05 at 2:38 PM, Noeller said:

Again, we have the guy who was dominating last years camp but got injured and had to miss the season. He's re-signed as of a few weeks ago and will be in camp. We've definitely got some in house options. 

Question for guys like SpeedFlex27 and Booch who know infinitely more than I do: Can Rasheed Bailey be what Lawler was? Does he have that ceiling or no? 

bailey is a great possession receiver. He is the heart & soul of our receiving corps. Looks like Ellingson has replaced Lawler so Rasheed will just keep doing what he does. Which is pretty damned good. I also can't believe we're done signing free agent receivers. 

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

bailey is a great possession receiver. He is the heart & soul of our receiving corps. Looks like Ellingson has replaced Lawler so Rasheed will just keep doing what he does. Which is pretty damned good. I also can't believe we're done signing free agent receivers. 

With Bailey ellingson demski and woli I don't see us spending 100k on the 5th wr. 

I could see us trading up to draft a Philpot to go behind woli and demski too. Some one to compete with orange. It's not a good ok draft this year. And the top guy luketa will be a 3rd or 4th round nfl pick. The Philpots will probably be the big gets. 

we will absolutely be taking an OL with our first pick....I have zero doubts about this. Especially with Desjarlais gone and Dobson likely down south as well. Walters has taken an OL first in every single draft, right? Why would he change that now when we actually do need to stock the cupboards....?

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

we will absolutely be taking an OL with our first pick....I have zero doubts about this. Especially with Desjarlais gone and Dobson likely down south as well. Walters has taken an OL first in every single draft, right? Why would he change that now when we actually do need to stock the cupboards....?

I could see them taking Dline too not sure if there is a fit amongst the top ranked guys

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

yea Bailey needs to keep being Bailey.....he doesnt need to be a Lawler.....Bailey is gonna be a quicker more elusive version of vintage Nik Lewis....but he can be involved in the run game....Breakout star this yr league wide...just watch

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think we've trended towards picking guys that are a year or two out, because we've had so many bodies.

It'll be interesting to see if we continue that or if we draft a guy who we expect in camp this season. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Maybe not first, but within the first 2 rounds for sure. OL and DL are definitely his top priorities when drafting guys.

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

Because this draft is incredibly thin on OL. I could see Zack Fry being an option in the first round but he’s probably gone by the time our pick comes around. Other than that, it’s futures or reaches if we wanna go OL. I’d rather we go OL with our second rounder and see if there’s someone we can coach up from a raw talent perspective.

DL is pretty solid this year as far as depth goes but this might be a year we look to go outside the box and look at somebody like Enock Makonzo or a similar DB we may be high on. Could look at it as an opportunity to start a Canadian in the secondary, we’ve got quite a bit of depth with the Halletts and Patrice Rene if he comes up

1 hour ago, Mike said:

DL is pretty solid this year as far as depth goes but this might be a year we look to go outside the box and look at somebody like Enock Makonzo or a similar DB we may be high on. Could look at it as an opportunity to start a Canadian in the secondary, we’ve got quite a bit of depth with the Halletts and Patrice Rene if he comes up

I just don't see it being a DB... Walters is too much of a OL and DL person high in drafts. There was the one year they took Simonise right? Other than that it's either been OL or DL in the first round... though I am willing to accept that i am purely going from sketchy memory on this. 

17 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Maybe not first, but within the first 2 rounds for sure. OL and DL are definitely his top priorities when drafting guys.

Def not a first. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd if we see a combine work out warrior like butcher inzandt etc. We will 100 percent take an ol in this draft maybe a couple with late picks but this is a very weak very thin crop of ol prospects. 

10 hours ago, Mike said:

The mafia are never scared of having too many good Young nis. So db would be a good bet. I could see 1 dl 1 ol 1 db 1 wr and 2 guys who project as early teams contributors. 

8 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Politicians are lifting restrictions right now, but that doesn't mean they'll still be lifted by summer or fall.

True. Might not even be a season for all we know, or maybe Russia goes Nuke crazy by then, or global warming causes environmental catastrophe that changes everything. However, on the assumption that there is one and restrictions are lifted in the next couple months, I think Tui is definitely a possibility. 

Edited by GCn20

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

True. Might not even be a season for all we know, or maybe Russia goes Nuke crazy by then, or global warming causes environmental catastrophe that changes everything. However, on the assumption that there is one and restrictions are lifted in the next couple months, I think Tui is definitely a possibility. 

You're using terrible 'equivalencies' as usual & we don't even know if Tui wants to play any more. He's given up once before.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Indeed. We may be back to Square 1. People may be tired of restrictions but that doesn't mean Covid is tired of us. 

No certainly not but typically viruses mutate and become more contagious but less severe over time. The Omicron variant has essentially gotten us out of this pandemic. Not to say things can’t happen or get worse but I would be shocked