2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Look, I'm not saying Ambrosie is driving this but it continues to come up, which tells me he's interested in looking at it. Used to think the teams would make sure it wouldn't happen but I'm not so sure anymore. 

TSN runs this league now. 

Teams will follow the money. 

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Anyone who calls themselves a genius often isn't.

Well, we're partners now. 

Rider pick up Jamal Campbell. He had a pretty horrid season last year with the Argos. I am not sure why the RIders are so hell bent on not improving their OL. A big dollar spend for a pretty mediocre player. He eked out 20 starts in his 5 year career so far and had some pretty terrible outings during that time.

Edited by GCn20

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Rider pick up Jamal Campbell. He had a pretty horrid season last year with the Argos. I am not sure why the RIders are so hell bent on not improving their OL. A big dollar spend for a pretty mediocre player. He eked out 20 starts in his 5 year career so far and had some pretty terrible outings during that time.

*edit*

My apologies, I misread the original post.....sorry GCn20, I thought you were asking the dumb question of why they want to improve their OL (which is trash) and this makes way more sense now.....

Edited by Noeller

19 hours ago, JCon said:

Beginning of the end. 

It's amazing how times 4 downs comes up under Ambrosie's leadership. 

He can deny it but it wouldn't continue to come up if they weren't considering it. 

On one hand, they're not doing their jobs if they don't explore options to grow the league.

On the other, this is pretty universally hated amongst all fan bases and deserves a quick shut down when it's brought up by new entities. 

Just now, Noeller said:

we get it, Al....trust me.....we all get it. But your constant harping is just really annoying man...... trust me, we all get it. 

Cant blame him for harping on it tbh. We've all had points that stuck in our craw over the years, but very few of them had such a likely hood of killing canadian football. 

I think the best case scenario at this point is, significant enough fan back lash that the puppet masters have to about face and sacrifice Ambrosie to appease the masses. Mean while looking for another hapless stooge to fill the void. 

I don't think a comish has run this league since cohon. And I think that's what it needs. A real leader in a real position of power. 

I see the problem as this... Everytime they look at "growing the game" the only voices they ask are the ones that are just NFL fans. Of course they'll tell you they want 4 downs, it's what they watch. 

They never ask the CFL fans how to grow the game. They don't advertise. They're partners just want to sell off the league. 

Then they get mouthpieces like Farhan and Naylor, who have a vested interest in pushing the league south, out there waving their hands. 

The CFL, as a league, seem uderrly bewildered on how to grow the CFL. It's embarrassing. 

No Commish runs any league...they're just a figure-head for the BoG. If we want real change (or to PREVENT real change) we need to take it up with Wade, or in SF27's case, whoever the hell is Calgary's rep on the BoG. I have no doubts in my mind that Wade is on the same side as most fans...I'd be shocked if he wasn't fighting the good fight from the inside. It's the Toronto's and Montreal's of the world that want to see NFL-Lite.

Just now, Noeller said:

CFL calling it self a pedestrian product? Wow. The people in charge of the cfl are only limitless in their ability to get dumber, and do their job worse. 

I like the hash mark move idea. That would well be worth trying. 

Changing the length of holding is a terrible idea. The pass rush makes the passing game as exciting as it is. We already muddle through horrid struggles with holding calls that would just make it much worse. 

24 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm going to guess that neither side thinks that this will be a challenging CBA to negotiate? I'm not sure what the issues are for both sides? 

I read some quotes last fall about how both sides were actually really looking forward to getting together, and the PA pres (Solly?) was saying that he was really excited about working with the owners because they were on the same page. So I really think this is going to be a bunch of handshakes and paper signing....not contentious at all. 

23 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm going to guess that neither side thinks that this will be a challenging CBA to negotiate? I'm not sure what the issues are for both sides? 

I really hope that the new CBA has profit sharing with the players, longer guaranteed contracts, and some changes to the global issues Hansen is suffering from right now.

Here's an idea 

Don't **** with what makes the CFL unique 

I agree removing the DI spot.

I think tho that there's only 9 teams so parity is gonna be a thing and the o won't improve because D is part of the game so just have the D only allowed 3 players on Defense at all times cuz that's less dumb than 4 downs 

Crazy idea here. Allow the QB to actually be hit? 

Curious tho? So as fans we'd be less close to field level or would we all add seats? 

Edited by Goalie

all this talk about improving the offense....Ambrosie said he wants to see 49-49 games be a regular thing.........really? Do people not like seeing good defense? I love seeing great coverage by DBs...I love seeing a great pass rush from the line. I love seeing a great blitz from the LB corps. All this changing to make it easier on the O seems really artificial and dumb.