2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

34 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Is there an unwritten role that the Riders need to sign a certain number of douchebags or does living there turn one into a douchebag.

That stench and attitude and lack of character and class permeates through there in a bad way...gonna take a complete over haul to cleanse of it

CD doesn't help matters as it's pretty apparent he doesn't have much control over a lot of what goes on there...and doesn't have what OSh ..Walters and Miller have to install such a culture...not yet anyway...I would think this their last chance... especially O'Day as he has done nothing to address their glaring weaknesses....and the fact it's plural is not a good thing....also haven't created a environment where guys wanna stay there...and for less....and don't let them kid themselves that Duke did...he only did because he was smart enough to not take the dumb deal Lawler did....it wasn't cause he wanted to be there more.. Was strictly business

9 hours ago, Stickem said:

I left Winnipeg in 68' when my family all moved to Nanaimo....Couldn't take the rain so moved back to the Peg where my heart and a lot of my family still resided.....I eventually went back to Nanaimo and got a job with the City and am now retired there myself...Do I miss those 40 below days....nope but it sure was a big change moving from West Kildonan, where I grew up, to the coast, where Wpg's municipality was bigger than the City of Nanaimo ...It's a lot bigger now and apparently one of the fastest growing cities in the country....Andrew Harris played for the Raiders( where he got his start) just down the street from where I live....Didn't know that he would eventually move back and play for the Bombers at the time, but was happy when  he did ..Anyway there's a few more connections on the Island to the Peg your dad might not be aware of ....Gerry James lives just up the highway from me and Randy Bachman (who I went to school with in the Peg) lives a short ferry ride from Nanaimo ..Small world sometimes

I heard Nanaimo has a lot of drug activity. Is that true? 

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I heard Nanaimo has a lot of drug activity. Is that true? 

I think drugs permeate the country....Being a port you can expect it to arrive here first on it's way to the Peg and points east.....Does Nanaimo have a drug problem any worse than the rest of the country...I'd say no....Van. is another story

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Mmmm....Nanaimo bars....coconut, nuts and wafer with a layer of custard and chocolate on top. I guess they are like a drug.

I used to live on the same street as the woman (close neighbour actually) who created that addiction....She sure made a bundle...

18 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Housing has absolutely gone bonkers over the last couple of years in Nanaimo too. Makes sense seeing at its an island and only so much space available. My dad + stepmom sold their house 2 years ago. They had lived there for about 8 years and made like $250K on it over that time. They then bought a townhouse after selling there home and an identical model just sold a few months ago across the street from them for $200K more than they had paid for theres. Pretty good 2 year growth lol. Jesus.

Now I'm going to shock you a bit.....I live in the old city quarter in Nanaimo.....bought the house for 250,000 20 yrs. ago....had a guy putting a letter in my mailbox the other day saying he'd buy our house for 800K ....no commission and they'd pay the legal fees.....That's what I call a good investment.....oh and I'm not selling😉

Just now, Stickem said:

Now I'm going to shock you a bit.....I live in the old city quarter in Nanaimo.....bought the house for 250,000 20 yrs. ago....had a guy putting a letter in my mailbox the other day saying he'd buy our house for 800K ....no commission and they'd pay the legal fees.....That's what I call a good investment.....oh and I'm not selling😉

****** boomers.

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Double

Income

No

Kids

Just to clarify :10_wink:

Yeah.....no kids cuz they all grew up and left....Used to have 2 incomes till the wife retired the day I did.....now it's just scrape buy on a pension...(I know I know ...at least we have one... I feel sorry for the guys heading into retirement in the future)...The boomers sure figured out (after we quit all the protests in the sixties) that you better start putting away cash for post working years....I guess you could say that now we're cash poor and house rich and staring down the marble orchard

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

****** boomers.

Lot of vancouverites, sell their house for a few million, move to van island, driving it to an extent. 

also, a lot of civil servants from manitba, sask, alberta. 

Crowding on van island is awful. Family Doctor wait list, seven years.

Edited by Mark F

17 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Lot of vancouverites, sell their house for a few million, move to van island, driving it to an extent. 

also, a lot of civil servants from manitba, sask, alberta. 

Crowding on van island is awful. Family Doctor wait list, seven years.

True.....a middle aged woman from Van. did exactly that ...bought a character house on our corner with a double lot....She fixed up the one she bought, so that it's now worth over a million, and built a new character style house on the lot next to her ....Doubled her money....smart lady....

As far as a Family Dr. is concerned....if you didn't have one when you first moved here...you're out of luck....Ours just retired and we were told by the clinic that we better register with his replacement or start going  to a general clinic........Getting crowded for sure

So the usfl drafted a db under contract with the stamps. They claim to have rectified this after the fact. But now the db is mad at the Stamps for not letting him go. 

The usfl has put the cfl in a position where they need to take action.

The db is under contract to think he should also be eligible for usfl draft is idiotic. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

So the usfl drafted a db under contract with the stamps. They claim to have rectified this after the fact. But now the db is mad at the Stamps for not letting him go. 

The db is under contract to think he should also be eligible for usfl draft is idiotic. 

Proves how unprepared the USFL is, to not have these things checked out before they register players for their draft.

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He signed with the Stamps on Feb 1st and less than two weeks later he wants them to release him and he's calling them unprofessional?

He's talking about professionalism and business on twitter but nobody forced him to sign a contract when it was well known the USFL was coming back.  If he had an interest in that, he could have avoided this whole thing by not signing with Calgary until he knew more about what the USFL was offering.

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

He signed with the Stamps on Feb 1st and less than two weeks later he wants them to release him and he's calling them unprofessional?

He's talking about professionalism and business on twitter but nobody forced him to sign a contract when it was well known the USFL was coming back.  If he had an interest in that, he could have avoided this whole thing by not signing with Calgary until he knew more about what the USFL was offering.

Right what a maroon. 

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

Proves how unprepared the USFL is, to not have these things checked out before they register players for their draft.

Qft. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

We can say the same thing about the RedBlacks raiding other teams rosters. This, "WHY? WHY? WHY???" crying is so childish. Ottawa, BC & Edmonton drove up salaries & then they ***** & complain??? Reminds me of a punk who carries thinking he's the biggest & baddest dude out there until he meets someone who is bigger & badder than him and calls him out. Burke just thought throwing $$$ at players would solve everything until another team did the same thing. As much as I hate Chris Jones, if it ended up coating Burke more money than he wanted to pay then that's good. The people that run this league..... What a joke. 

One more thing. the RedBlacks have the worst HC & OC in the CFL. I don't care how good Massoli plays, he'll have the yoke of Paul LaPolice around his neck on every play holding him back. Can't squander a ten point lead in the second half. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27