Suckskatchewan @ Champs PGT

JCon

27 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Willie J already said it is no sleeves for him.

Demski wore sleeves during the last home game.  If a Winnipegger wears sleeves, that's a green light for everyone else in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

If you ever stood at the corner of Portage and Main when the wind is howling and it's 40 below, you get to know what the meaning of cold is..

Still, you’re not from the prairie,

And yet you know cold…

You say you’ve been cold?

Of all of those memories we share when we’re old,

None are more clear than that hard bitter cold.

You’ll not find among us a soul who can say:

“I’ve conquered the wind on a cold winter’s day.”

If you’re not from the prairie,

You don’t know the cold,

You’ve never been cold!

-David Bouchard

Just now, Wideleft said:

Demski wore sleeves during the last home game.  If a Winnipegger wears sleeves, that's a green light for everyone else in my opinion.

Still, you’re not from the prairie,

And yet you know cold…

You say you’ve been cold?

Of all of those memories we share when we’re old,

None are more clear than that hard bitter cold.

You’ll not find among us a soul who can say:

“I’ve conquered the wind on a cold winter’s day.”

If you’re not from the prairie,

You don’t know the cold,

You’ve never been cold!

-David Bouchard

there's that quote from Bane in The Dark Knight Rises where he says something along the lines of "You think the darkness is your ally? You merely know the dark...I was born into the dark and it's all I've ever known.."  And I always think about that when it comes to cold and Manitoba. Other places can claim they understand cold, but they don't. We're born in it...it's all we know. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

there's that quote from Bane in The Dark Knight Rises where he says something along the lines of "You think the darkness is your ally? You merely know the dark...I was born into the dark and it's all I've ever known.."  And I always think about that when it comes to cold and Manitoba. Other places can claim they understand cold, but they don't. We're born in it...it's all we know. 

I used to choke up reading "If You're Not From the Prairie" to my kids.  

ISBN%201-895714-66-4-2.gif

awesome that he will be here...and u can bet rooting for his boys....I can see him back here next year too....in lieu of Darvins spot...if we go out on top I could see Darvin hang em up...but love to see him kept on as a receiver coach...I know he does want to get into coaching...and he carries a lot of respect in the clubhouse on all sides of the ball

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

awesome that he will be here...and u can bet rooting for his boys....I can see him back here next year too....in lieu of Darvins spot...if we go out on top I could see Darvin hang em up...but love to see him kept on as a receiver coach...I know he does want to get into coaching...and he carries a lot of respect in the clubhouse on all sides of the ball

That's what dreams are made of right there.

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

Its interesting that Jake Wienkie is also a FA too he is from Minnesota and his parents drive to everyone of one of his games. Seems like 9 5 hour drives would be better than 9 drives to Montreal.