2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

2 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Hopefully all the overrating of the Hamilton OL, is over. 

I think more than one team will try to pry an OL out of Winnipeg.  We have depth guys who could quite adequately start. 

Let's see what kind of loyalty we've got in that department. It's been a treat having our big time guys take huge paycuts and helped tremendously. Hopefully Walters can spin some magic and keep em all together but it's gonna be tough.

I doubt we lose any of the starting O-lineman to be honest....you have to remember too...players wanna have to leave and will take a lot to leave a good spot...Our olineman other than Desjarlais are all making around the top of their pay scale...so really to steal one you will have to wayyyyyyy over pay....and is that worth it?...we can offer fair value and have the playoff loot hanging there, plus being the place to be...I'm not worried in the least keeping any key piece, and could see us actually adding a key piece for under market value

40 minutes ago, Booch said:

I doubt we lose any of the starting O-lineman to be honest....you have to remember too...players wanna have to leave and will take a lot to leave a good spot...Our olineman other than Desjarlais are all making around the top of their pay scale...so really to steal one you will have to wayyyyyyy over pay....and is that worth it?...we can offer fair value and have the playoff loot hanging there, plus being the place to be...I'm not worried in the least keeping any key piece, and could see us actually adding a key piece for under market value

Neufeld HATES the Rider organization. Bryant and Yoshi are about a safe a bet as you could ever get on retiring Bombers. Goosen doesn't fill a need for them. Desjarlais would be our only remotely possible loss on the starting OL. Walters will make him a priority and he will be one of the first guys re-signed. That leaves Tui (who can't play road games) and Gray (a WPGer) who is more likely to retire than leave for another CFL team. Not seeing any danger really of losing someone. IF we do, the only one it could be is Desjarlais.

17 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I think Yoshi, Bryant, Neufeld either reup here or retire. Ditto Gray. Desjarlais is the only one I see leaving and that would be for an NFL shot. Eli no clue on what will happen with him.

none of them are retiring this year....they will all be back with slight bumps..I can see Bryant just getting what he did last year...same with Neuf...That 3peat is gonna be a huge come back draw

If we close that out next yr tho..I could see Neuf and Bryant shutting it down

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

I just don't see Collaros leaving,going back to the team you were once on that has been beat in back to back grey cups? I don't think Fajardo is going anywhere,I think the Riders try and pry an olineman out of Winnipeg and attempt to rebuild that trash oline.

I hope collaros doesn't go any place. I think retirement could be a real threat. Back to back gcs MOP gc MOP. That's how you go out on top. And healthy to boot. 

I have no idea what to expect from the riders other than trying to get guys like gray and Eli etc. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Hopefully all the overrating of the Hamilton OL, is over. 

I think more than one team will try to pry an OL out of Winnipeg.  We have depth guys who could quite adequately start. 

Right. For soo long the Hamilton ol was Swiss cheese and treated like it was gold. Freaking joke.

When June Jones was in town they ran 6 ol and frequently used ste as a blocking back. Each year they've gotten further away from that. They did it cus they couldn't block for stink. And the ol didn't get any better. 

I think Tui is brought back regardless of vaxx status. I honestly believe he is that good. Also there is a slight chance that vaxx requirements drop by then (I'm not betting on it so calm your ****, I'm just saying there's a chance!). 

I'm more concerned about Dline and Dbs leaving than anything else.

12 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

This idea that Osh has any inclination to leave right now is hilarious.

People need to stop casually throwing it out there😄

Zero validity in it.

And, again, everyone is basing this on Madani saying that the Elks were going to make a big pitch to him. There was never anything said about whether Osh would go. Only that the Elks wanted him. Which is whatever.

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

And, again, everyone is basing this on Madani saying that the Elks were going to make a big pitch to him. There was never anything said about whether Osh would go. Only that the Elks wanted him. Which is whatever.

Exactly. I’m sure there are 8 other teams who “want him” doesn’t mean they are actively trying to get him or that he is at all  interested in making a move anywhere. He can just stay here and soak up all of the praises for the rest of his life. 

46 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Exactly.

Just Arash throwing out trash. Unsubstantiated nothing rumours.

I am not sure why this guy gets attention he is never right. Then again, he never puts his name on anything than can be proven or disproven so he is never "right/wrong".

Useless

Edited by Geebrr

21 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I think our topics with O'Shea should be more so if the team offers a 3 or 5 year extension for him?      

Would be great for us, but there is zero reason for him to sign for 5 years. 2 or 3 year deals seem to make the most sense for all involved.

Anyone know if the MOP and MOC at the Grey Cup gets anything in terms of some financial award?  I am old enough to remember when Sean Kehoe won a brand new car in 1984 for being the Most Outstanding Canadian (**** Suderman Trophy) at the Grey Cup.  What do they get now?  A $50 gift card to Tim Hortons?