2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm realizing that I have massively under valued him this year. I really thought he was just a TCF jersey filler that gave the good players some water breaks....**** me for not knowing better. 

It's ok, not everyone is a big fan It's ok for casuals to not appreciate every player on the team.

On 2021-11-25 at 7:37 AM, Geebrr said:

You ain't lying.

Casey Sayles (playing mostly as a back up/rotational guy) :

14 Games  28 tackles 5 sacks

(Retired) Micah Johnson:

12 games 19 tackles 2 sacks 

Where the hell is cry baby Derek Taylor now?  They got 2 players selected and neither deserve to be there let alone the three who didn't. 

Tell me you dont watch football without telling me you dont watch football. Micah Johnson is the best DT in the west and it isnt really that close. Stats dont tell the picture, he is the focus of the other teams blocking schemes where the winnipeg guys are not with Jefferson and Jeffcoat. The riders have the one and two sack leaders in the CFL in Woodward and Leonard with a lot of that because the inside pressure that the riders get from guys like johnson, marino, and Lanier. We cant compare stats when it fits our narratives for all stars and then as soon as it doesn't we just say "well stats dont tell the whole picture". 

35 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

Tell me you dont watch football without telling me you dont watch football. Micah Johnson is the best DT in the west and it isnt really that close. Stats dont tell the picture, he is the focus of the other teams blocking schemes where the winnipeg guys are not with Jefferson and Jeffcoat. The riders have the one and two sack leaders in the CFL in Woodward and Leonard with a lot of that because the inside pressure that the riders get from guys like johnson, marino, and Lanier. We cant compare stats when it fits our narratives for all stars and then as soon as it doesn't we just say "well stats dont tell the whole picture". 

Tell me you are a yappy delusional rider fan without telling me you're a yappy delusional rider fan.

**** this demented  trash taking the form of mental gymnastics from the rectangle Province. 

"Micah Johnson is the best DT in the West"

Hilarious.

Edited by Geebrr

14 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

Whistling past the graveyard.

38 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Tell me you are a yappy delusional rider fan without telling me you're a yappy delusional rider fan.

**** this demented  trash taking the form of mental gymnastics from the rectangle Province. 

"Micah Johnson is the best DT in the West"

Hilarious.

I am not delusional, look at my post history I say things as I see them. For instance last week you guys were all up voting me for saying Nichols should have been rookie of the year and was probably the best DB in the CFL. I didn't back it up with stats because it is really hard to evaluate play based off stats. My question for you is if Johnson isn't the best then who is? It wouldnt be the winnpeg guys it would be Ceresna from Edmonton or Rose from Calgary before Sayles, Richardson. It is okay to admit that guys on other teams are good. It doesnt make you less of a fan. Its okay if you guys dont have the two best DTs in the west because you probably have the best D ends. Not every player on your team is best in the league. 

20 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

I am not delusional, look at my post history I say things as I see them. For instance last week you guys were all up voting me for saying Nichols should have been rookie of the year and was probably the best DB in the CFL. I didn't back it up with stats because it is really hard to evaluate play based off stats. My question for you is if Johnson isn't the best then who is? It wouldnt be the winnpeg guys it would be Ceresna from Edmonton or Rose from Calgary before Sayles, Richardson. It is okay to admit that guys on other teams are good. It doesnt make you less of a fan. Its okay if you guys dont have the two best DTs in the west because you probably have the best D ends. Not every player on your team is best in the league. 

My favourite is Derek Taylor's QB pressures. That is not an official statistic and he defines what it is. May as well have a "unicorns captured" statistic.

Factor in the fact the Bombers heavily rotate their line, that Richardson missed a bunch of games, our offence stays on the field, and our defence gets off it, still better numbers.

TSN is all over MJ's nuts because that is what they do. (Not) Sorry that we don't all buy into it. 

Alford should be rhe ROTY. He will be a CFL All Star playing an incredibly difficult position. 

Edited by Geebrr

11 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

My favourite is Derek Taylor's QB pressures. That is not an official statistic and he defines what it is. May as well have a "unicorns captured" statistic.

Factor in the fact the Bombers heavily rotate their line, that Richardson missed a bunch of games, our offence stays on the field, and our defence gets off it, still better numbers.

TSN is all over MJ's nuts because that is what they do. (Not) Sorry that we don't all buy into it. 

Alford should be rhe ROTY. He will be a CFL All Star playing an incredibly difficult position. 

The problem with stats is that they can often be selectively picked to help someone fit their narrative. The qb pressures is an okay stat but like anything else it has its limitations. Probably the best stat to track pass rushing ability is the pass rush win percentage. Tracked by the lineman beating a one on one block in 2.5 seconds or less. Unfortunately no one tracks this in the CFL. But at the end of the day when evaluating players the best thing to do is actually watch the game. 

The reality of it is Richardson is a good player, he is very stout against the run and extremely hard to move. You could probably make the argument that he is the best at that. But from my perspective i would take the 3 guys listed in my last post before him. Put him on Sask where he is not playing with willie and jeffcoat and do you think he would pruduce as much? Now put Johnson on winnipeg where he isnt the focus of the blocking schemes and i believe you will see a change in production. 

Stove has a much higher motor and more explosiveness than Johnson. I don’t see how anyone who watched all the games this year can objectively say Micha Johnson is the better player. 

Rider fans say AC Leonard is in the same league as our DEs, yet piss and moan about Richardson only getting 1v1s because of the J’s receiving all the attention? Well which is it? 

Stove Richardson is a better DT than Micah Johnson at this point and time. It's not even debatable. Micah is a very good DT, not taking anything away from him, but Stove is a beast that draws as many or more double teams than Micah. Difference is he still manhandles them.

Stats are for losers. The eye test is what matters and our DL is by far the best in the league at generating pressure, while shutting down the run, and containing opposing QBs. It's not just one thing with our DL....they are not one trick ponies. I guess that every team we've faced, including the Riders, saying we have the most dominant DL in the league falls on deaf ears in the big rectangle.

Edited by GCn20

yeah...rider fans claim stats dont tell the story...thats why Richardson doesnt get the nod over Johnson...Yet useless Marshall got the nod soley on his INT stats...thats it....he's brutal..gets burned wayyyy too often to be a top line starter, let alone all-start...is a selfish player...dumb penalties...and is soft and wont stick his nose in there to make a hit...Gainey same thing...all talk and bravado....don't back it up...so yeah...what narrative is it?..I guess leonards and whoever their other end is get bonus stats due to Johnson...yeah ok....they arent impact guys like the Jeffs...cripes Kongbo and Panzer make more impactful plays...

And watching the WSF...Was proof positive why so few Riders made the all-star team...there aren't any worthy....deal with it