WF - Bombers @ Riders

JCon

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Lol, yes because its in their best interest for their starting QB to not throw a football for 2 weeks. LMFAO.

3 weeks. 

Plus, throwing a ball and being in a game aren't the same.

I could only imagine the butt clenching around here if our starter hadn't played in a game for 3 weeks going into the biggest game of the year 

From RF.com :

Ya you are correct that I had forgot that in the Banjo bowl he played pretty well. I had to go rewatch the highlightes. Bunch of idiots our oline was on the fumble let Willie walk in untouched up the gut....thats a terrible idea. Willie did have a big whiff though on CF's TD run, but not the only player to miss CF this season. Im a huge Jefferson fan but he was fairly quiet this season as a whole outside of a few games.

MOST OUTSTANDING DEFENSIVE PLAYER

Most-Outstanding-Defensive-Player-800x45

In his first season with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, Willie Jefferson set a career-high 12 sacks, added 24 tackles and an interception, forced six fumbles and recovered two, registered five tackles for a loss and set a CFL record with 16 pass knockdowns. Jefferson led the Bombers defence to league-highs in opponent rushing yards, turnovers forced and pass knockdowns.

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

From RF.com :

Ya you are correct that I had forgot that in the Banjo bowl he played pretty well. I had to go rewatch the highlightes. Bunch of idiots our oline was on the fumble let Willie walk in untouched up the gut....thats a terrible idea. Willie did have a big whiff though on CF's TD run, but not the only player to miss CF this season. Im a huge Jefferson fan but he was fairly quiet this season as a whole outside of a few games.

MOST OUTSTANDING DEFENSIVE PLAYER

Most-Outstanding-Defensive-Player-800x45

In his first season with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, Willie Jefferson set a career-high 12 sacks, added 24 tackles and an interception, forced six fumbles and recovered two, registered five tackles for a loss and set a CFL record with 16 pass knockdowns. Jefferson led the Bombers defence to league-highs in opponent rushing yards, turnovers forced and pass knockdowns.

again...proving over and over what a dumbass fan base that is...but if he was wearing green that would be an all-world season...frigging bunch of goofs

This is my ultimate revenge game as a fan. Who else remembers the 1972 Western Final? Who the teams were? Where they finished in the standings? The horrible way the Bombers lost that game? For us old timers with lonnnnnnnnng memories, just  how glorious will it be if we beat the Riders in their home park? In front of their fans? And how good will it feel for us to break their hearts???

The teams are the same but the standings reversed. They're hosting instead of us. Pressure is on them to win in front of their own fans in their House in front of a big crowd.  I've waited 47 years for this game. Please Bombers, wash the stench of that loss in 1972 away finally. FINALLY!!!

Edited by SpeedFlex27

9 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I just find it funny we don't believe our own coach when it comes to injuries.... but we believe the riders coach.  Sunday we will know real quick..

There is no way they would have rested Fajardo for no reason with first place on the line. He definitely has an injury. How it will affect him on sunday is the question.

NEVER...never underestimate your opponent.....We have to file this win AGAINST cAL

Pulled muscles in your back can be a real bugger....You think that you can do what you usually do...you baby the area...but when you ask the back to perform a little out of the ordinary...sometimes just a bit ...it can double you over...Fajardo is in a binder... IF they're not putting us all on they are in a deep pile of doo doo

Edited by Stickem

well if you watch that game he got hurt in...you see he was obviously more than knicked...he also hurt his throwing hand in that game too...possible reason why he didn't throw a pass...but I think it was moreso he didn't need to throw a pass...why risk a higher percentage of error play if not needed?

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

well if you watch that game he got hurt in...you see he was obviously more than knicked...he also hurt his throwing hand in that game too...possible reason why he didn't throw a pass...but I think it was moreso he didn't need to throw a pass...why risk a higher percentage of error play if not needed?

couldn't tell if he was over protecting the ball when he ran ..In any case he didn't cough it up so his paw must be alright....not great ...but alright

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Reed retired in like 1975 and it takes until now for him to get a street named after him? Oh wait, most Riderfans think CFL history begins in 2007.

Seems too long to give this guy credit....He was one helluva ballplayer in his day....He had that Streveler determination and drive...You never wanted to arm tackle Reed...if you did you might have had to wear a sling for awhile

3 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

The media is there today and Friday. So far there are reports - 20 minutes into practice -  that he hasn't thrown a ball yet.

He said Thursday was his big day, so him not throwing today isn't unexpected.

Healthy or not, the guy has not has real game reps in 3 weeks.

I honestly don't care who they put back there 

14 minutes ago, Stickem said:

NEVER...never underestimate your opponent.....We have to file this win AGAINST cAL

Pulled muscles in your back can be a real bugger....You think that you can do what you usually do...you baby the area...but when you ask the back to perform a little out of the ordinary...sometimes just a bit ...it can double you over...Fajardo is in a binder... IF they're not putting us all on they are in a deep pile of doo doo

I thought it was obliques ie abdomen but the same applies. Everything involving throwing or running is going to be affected by oblique problem. If Fajardo has oblique problem I can't see him being effective at all. Even his little spin wouldn't work as well.