2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

Pete Costanza the receivers coach for the Stamps resigned today after 12 years. Mark Stephen the pbp voice of the Stamps tweeted it was a money issue. I also think the fact he's coached the same position since 2008  now younger coaches are jumping ahead of him in the Stamps also had something to do with it. He was well liked within the Stamps organization & the players liked him as well. He was always rumoured to be the next OC or even HC somewhere but it never materialized.  He knows that Stamps system cold having coached with both Hufnagel & Dickinson so if LaPo leaves he may be a coach worth looking into as an OC. If he wants to stay in the CFL someone will hire him. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Mass is not a good leader to be a HC...to volatile and doesn't garner respect of players like a guy like Oshea gets..Dickenson's..Khari..Orlando

Dickenson is a whiner. When he is miked up it is insuffereable. My hormone affected daughters whined less than that guy. That annoys me in a leadership position. 

Just now, GCJenks said:

So with Lapo taking on a HC position are we okay with Buck Pierce getting promoted or do we have a dream candidate to argue about?

Also, Dinwiddie as HC in Ottawa? Can't believe that is realistic.

I can definitely see Maas here in a Co-OC role with Buck if he doesn't get a HC job from Ed or Ottawa.

He said before the Grey Cup that Osh is one of his best friends.

He is a good OC , IMO

6 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

So with Lapo taking on a HC position are we okay with Buck Pierce getting promoted or do we have a dream candidate to argue about?

Also, Dinwiddie as HC in Ottawa? Can't believe that is realistic.

Hey Reinebold signed witht he Bombers as a head coach from a special teams Coach. That worked wonderfully. I know I was full of wonder on how that all happened. On the other hand MOS also jumped from STC to HC. But he stepped in not rode in on a motorcycle. 

On ‎2019‎-‎11‎-‎21 at 3:40 PM, NorthernSkunk said:

Don't forget to mention that Macleans magazine just named that town near your summer cottage,  # 1 for crime per capita in Canada.   And yes it's the town I left after 55 years.

Only go to town for groceries and beer....but yeah...it's a shithole. Paint Lake is beautiful though. BTW, it's number one for violent crime not crime in general...any old city could do that.

Edited by gcn11

9 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I can definitely see Maas here in a Co-OC role with Buck if he doesn't get a HC job from Ed or Ottawa.

He said before the Grey Cup that Osh is one of his best friends.

He is a good OC , IMO

Wow, I think I would want to hear that from Osh. I wouldn't want Maas anywhere near this team, would think long and hard about keeping my seats with that asshat on the staff.

57 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Hey Reinebold signed witht he Bombers as a head coach from a special teams Coach. That worked wonderfully. I know I was full of wonder on how that all happened. On the other hand MOS also jumped from STC to HC. But he stepped in not rode in on a motorcycle. 

True, but his first two seasons were forgettable and many opined he was the wrong choice and continued to do so even into this season. I don't know if there's a special formula for becoming a HC, at least not as far as career progression goes. I think it's got everything to do with a coach's substance that makes him HC material. Reinebold doesn't strike me as the type, much in the same way LaPolice doesn't.

Edited by blue_gold_84

23 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He is going somewhere to be a HC.

Question is -- where?

I am good with that. He's totally earned another HC job. He's cemented his legacy here. I am good with what ever he chooses. I would welcome him back just as easily as I would wish him the best of luck and success (except against us)  in his future endeavours. 

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

True, but his first two seasons were forgettable and many opined he was the wrong choice and continued to do so even during this season. I don't know if there's a special formula for becoming a HC, at least no as far as career progression goes. I think it's got everything to do with a coach's substance that makes him HC material. Reinebold doesn't strike me as the type, much in the same way LaPolice doesn't.

Oh I agree. I was just throwing shade on the motorcycle BS that Reinebold used in 1997. Fun Fact: Someone stole my coffee cup at work so I used a 1997 Blue Bombers schedule mug I found in the cupboard there. I almost spilled the coffee shaking with the PTSD from that season.