2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Does anyone think they will get Mr. O'Shea signed and announce it before the end of the week ?...... maybe end of next week ?  I just want to see him signed, then I can relax and enjoy the off season as they work on assembling the next winning team. 

Why would we be signing Osh’s father.   I honestly don’t get the use of “Mr.” when addressing anyone on this board.  I’ve seen it before and just don’t get it. 

Am I missing something? 

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

If Hall decides to retire...where do you think we look...Pretty sure team will ask him back...and I am all for that...nobody seems to be focusing on that

I am all for Hall coming back. If he retires, I suspect we promote Glen Young or Jordan Younger. I'd be happy with Young given the work he did filling in this past season when Hall took his leave.

32 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Arena Football League ceases operations, files for bankruptcy: The Arena Football League has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and is fully ceasing operations. “We’re all disappointed that we couldn’t find a way forward and we wanted to thank…

https://3downnation.com/2019/11/28/arena-football-league-ceases-operations-files-for-bankruptcy/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter  via @JDunk12

Cant believe it lasted this long...

Yeah I think, and would be fine from within...we seemed to reach another level when Hall was absent...then reach another when he came back..perhaps there was a collaboration of what Young and Younger did with Hall's system and we got what we got...Alexander's position switch and Maston Taylor additions as well as Jone's emergence allowed us to do some different things as well, which can't be understated 

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

he's had some health issues himself...tho he seemed to be fine this year and was running around...was he not using a cane for parts of last year?

You can coach from a golf cart if you need to.

Gotta have money behind you if you retire early. Pension isn't usually paid until 65 and I doubt being a CFL player then a CFL coach gives you a ton of capital or a big pension at the end.

Just now, TBURGESS said:

Gotta have money behind you if you retire early. Pension isn't usually paid until 65 and I doubt being a CFL player then a CFL coach gives you a ton of capital or a big pension at the end.

all good points..I was just thinking "what if"

18 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I wouldn't be so sure. He was a HC in what, 2010? Gotta think he was making in the 250 range at that time. That contract was worth no less than 600 k. A few good decisions over the course of the last decade and you gotta think he'll be all right.

Regardless, if he's back I'll be happy. If not, hopefully Younger is ready or we can lure Claybrooks (doubtful, imo).

Edited by Dr Zaius

Is Lapo and Hall leave I think we'll want to have a little more experience rather then promoting two guys from within, especially if we're able to resign many of our free agents and have a shot again next year. Seems too risky. I'd be more comfortable having Buck get the promotion to OC and then go get a guy like Claybrooks to take over at DC. P