2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm not sure how I feel about Maas coming on board. I do believe he's a good offensive mind, but he's also a lunatic and generally those personalities don't fly in The Trinity's WBBFC culture....

"we just don’t want to spend that much time with assholes" - Mike O'Shea 

Lapo could be overlooked after interviews too...or pass if he doesn't like the situation...especially if based on new coaches SMS system isn't able to choose his own staff...BC staff for one is pretty young and green...not a lot of guys to lean on 

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

Wow, I think I would want to hear that from Osh. I wouldn't want Maas anywhere near this team, would think long and hard about keeping my seats with that asshat on the staff.

And yet Harris(qb) came out in full support of Mass,as an OC  not HC i could see it here.

Well if we happen to lose LaPo... it appears there are some good options available (not necessarily in this order):

1. Buck Pierce - protege of LaPo for the last 4 years... might be ready for the next step
2. Jason Maas - some people don't like his temperament... but he'd be the OC, not the guy calling the shots... him and O'Shea have a history...
3. Ryan Dinwiddie - Protege under Dickensen for 3 (or 4?) years... former QB and HC candidate for a couple teams
4. Pete Costanza - Some "can't stand ya" but I think Pete would be another decent option... also a Dickenson/Hufnagel protege likely ready for the next step..

I think we'll be in good shape no matter what happens...

5 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

What's the possibility of O'Day firing Dickenson and offers a boatload to Lapo ? 

I think the chances of O'Shea staying here are about 99.9%... with a margin of error of 0.1%.... the only way he would leave is if it was for Toronto...

Edit: all of Which of course is completely unrelated to them going after Lapo...

Edited by bearpants
Me no reed to goodly

Just now, bearpants said:

Well if we happen to lose LaPo... it appears there are some good options available (not necessarily in this order):

1. Buck Pierce - protege of LaPo for the last 4 years... might be ready for the next step
2. Jason Maas - some people don't like his temperament... but he'd be the OC, not the guy calling the shots... him and O'Shea have a history...
3. Ryan Dinwiddie - Protege under Dickensen for 3 (or 4?) years... former QB and HC candidate for a couple teams
4. Pete Costanza - Some "can't stand ya" but I think Pete would be another decent option... also a Dickenson/Hufnagel protege likely ready for the next step..

I think we'll be in good shape no matter what happens...

I would promote Pierce to OC,
try and get Lulay as QB coach
and Costanza as receivers coach. 

4 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

Costanza as receivers might be a challenge if he's looking for a promotion.

Not sure if he's looking for promotion. But 3Down reports he was cut because of cap issues

Calgary Stampeders receivers coach Pete Costanza has been let go by the franchise due to the football operations cap, per sources.

https://3downnation.com/2019/11/27/longtime-stampeders-receivers-coach-pete-costanza-let-go-due-to-football-operations-cap/

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

What's the possibility of O'Day firing Dickenson and offers a boatload to Lapo ? 

They Hosted the West final... I am going to say, none.

As much as I was expecting them to fail completely with the ad hoc HC and loss of their starting QB on the third play of the regular season... they did a pretty (it kills me to say this) job this year. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 hour ago, bearpants said:
1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I think the chances of O'Shea staying here are about 99.9%... with a margin of error of 0.1%.... the only way he would leave is if it was for Toronto...

Bearpants, read MOAB's post again, slowly...

8 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

They Hosted the West final... I am going to say, none.

As much as I was expecting them to fail completely with the ad hoc HC and loss of their starting QB on the third play of the regular season... they did a pretty (it kills me to say this) job this year. 

Yeah I expected a total flop as well...6 win season at best...a lot went right for them this year...had some lucky breaks as well and Fajardo I think over achieved this year...we shall see if he is legit next year...or was riding the great unknown and took advantage of it...tho against good teams he didn't do much

Sadly tho for them..next year will be a regression for them..they were lucky to get their 13 wins last year, and won't be topping that next with their old arsed team and their huge free-agent list...not to mention BC won't suck like last year, and Edmonton most likely improves with the firing of that idiot there..

Just now, Booch said:

Sadly tho for them..next year will be a regression for them..they were lucky to get their 13 wins last year, and won't be topping that next with their old arsed team and their huge free-agent list...not to mention BC won't suck like last year, and Edmonton most likely improves with the firing of that idiot there..

I feel everything is still up in the air for the West, except us and Calgary. I think we will Host next year and then Play in IG field West for the GC. 

14 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I feel everything is still up in the air for the West, except us and Calgary. I think we will Host next year and then Play in IG field West for the GC. 

If we can lasso first and get WF next year...a trip to Regina could be very likely...There's no way we can do a road warrior tour 2 years in a row...And fans here deserve a WF...That place would be insane

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'd be blown away if O'Shea would allow Maas to become our OC...   I highly doubt it.  

If Lapo is gone...I'd be more than okay with Pierce...he's been mentoring for years and is a very big part of the game day scheme...he does more than people realize...

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

If Lapo is gone...I'd be more than okay with Pierce...he's been mentoring for years and is a very big part of the game day scheme...he does more than people realize...

Pierce was a player who relied as much on his smarts and grit as his abilities, so he ought to make a good coach. He has served his time as QB coach and the move up to OC is a natural. Besides, he has settled in Winnipeg did he not?