2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/bombers-gm-walters-thrilled-with-collaros-trade-expects-to-re-sign-coach-oshea

Whether the Bombers win or not on Sunday, Walters is going to have his hands full with more personnel moves in the off-season.

The first order of business could be to re-sign head coach Mike O’Shea, who is coaching in the Grey Cup for the first time in his six years at the helm.

O’Shea’s contract is up and there’s a chance other teams — particularly the Toronto Argonauts — will come seeking his services, but Walters is confident he’ll stay in Winnipeg.

“It doesn’t change anything,” Walters said of the Grey Cup appearance. “I’ve said at various points this year that Mike has no interest in talking about that stuff during the year. I’ve looked Mike in the eye and told him I want him to be the head coach next year and he’s looked me in the eye and told me he wants to be back.

“There’s a whole lot of things that can go on before getting a signed contract for him, but we’re not gonna worry about that. What we talked about is a good start and he and I will sit down, win or lose, and try to get something worked out.”

I was shocked to hear about a rift so don't know if I believe it or not.

I will say this, if it were true, this is exactly how you would expect Walters to answer these questions. They always keep things close to the vest (in season, anyway - Walters is very open during off season discussions).

On 2019-11-18 at 4:20 PM, Noeller said:

I'd really like to know what all bad blood there is between those two, because they never sound warm toward each other during post game interviews....

Well, they played against each other as players, who were, at the time, in the same division. Obviously with both of them playing D played directly against each other.

Might have to do with the whole deal of O'Shea being part of the Argos squad that broke Glenn's arm back in the 2007 East final. Many could argue that injury cost Doug Brown his best shot a Grey Cup ring. I'd like to think O'Shea was a class act as a player on the field, but it's one of those things where only the players themselves really know for sure.

14 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Well, they played against each other as players, who were, at the time, in the same division. Obviously with both of them playing D played directly against each other.

Might have to do with the whole deal of O'Shea being part of the Argos squad that broke Glenn's arm back in the 2007 East final. Many could argue that injury cost Doug Brown his best shot a Grey Cup ring. I'd like to think O'Shea was a class act as a player on the field, but it's one of those things where only the players themselves really know for sure.

They both played D and they played directly against each other?.....no that's not how football works.

19 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Off-season broadcast changes wishlist:

• Replace Doug Brown with Jason Vega
  • Replace all TSN game directors with people who understand the importance of instant replays.
  • Replace Rod Black with just about anyone or anything.

I present to you "Topiary Rod Black".  He's not as talkative and doesn't add much to the broadcast but .. I still consider this an upgrade.

Image result for topiary

Kind of off topic, but I'm switching tv/internet providers. Soooo that means all my pvr games are going bye bye. I'm currently trying to download as many of the bomber wins as I can. But havent been able to find them all. I have found:

1st game against bc

Both ottawa games

Home game against edm

Home game against TO

Both play off games

And the 1st home game against CGY.

Anyone have links to any other games?

42 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Kind of off topic, but I'm switching tv/internet providers. Soooo that means all my pvr games are going bye bye. I'm currently trying to download as many of the bomber wins as I can. But havent been able to find them all. I have found:

1st game against bc

Both ottawa games

Home game against edm

Home game against TO

Both play off games

And the 1st home game against CGY.

Anyone have links to any other games?

Quite a few 2019 CFL games on this You Tube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8DxD_nBYBxoI7W59bzB41w/videos

I live in a town of 4000 (my cousin is the mayor) and the closet city/town that is bigger is over 20 miles away...  while we don't have a Dollarama, we do have a Dollar General! so, if you all want to talk about living in a place with limited opportunities I'd say that I probably have you all beat, lol...

Just now, 66 Chevelle said:

I live in a town of 4000 (my cousin is the mayor) and the closet city/town that is bigger is over 20 miles away...  while we don't have a Dollarama, we do have a Dollar General! so, if you all want to talk about living in a place with limited opportunities I'd say that I probably have you all beat, lol...

Google Beaconia Manitoba.....there is no way you got me beat

4 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Google Beaconia Manitoba.....there is no way you got me beat

damn, you know you're a small town when they don't even bother to count you! lol...

"As far as we can tell, Beaconia has not been included in past StatCan census counts, so there is no population information for this community."

6 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

I live in a town of 4000

read this book about justice in rural Missouri, great book true crime

“In Broad Daylight” tells the story of the killing of Ken Rex McElroy on the main street of Skidmore, Missouri in July 1981. McElroy, an illiterate hog farmer, had terrorized all of northwest Missouri for over 20 years, until the town, and even law enforcement, was terrified of him. McElroy was shot as he sat in his truck in front of the tavern. Over 45 men witnessed the shooting. Despite two eyewitness accounts and three grand jury investigations, no one has been prosecuted for the crime.

shot and killed in the town square in front of a crowd, nobody saw nuthin.

1 minute ago, 66 Chevelle said:

damn, you know you're a small town when they don't even bother to count you! lol...

"As far as we can tell, Beaconia has not been included in past StatCan census counts, so there is no population information for this community."

Lol.....I have been told years ago there was a corner store but it is long gone... one big shop where they keep the graders and such for doing the dirt roads so a few kids can catch a school bus.... An that's it...... 6 or 8 miles north of me is the metropolis of Grand Marais,  where i get my mail lol.

2 minutes ago, Mark F said:

read this book about justice in rural Missouri, great book true crime

shot and killed in the town square in front of a crowd, nobody saw nuthin.

yeah, I think it would be safe to say that the town folk felt like he had it coming... lol...  generally though, justice is about how much justice you can afford in these small towns... luckily I live in a pretty well established community where we have very little crime to speak of... actually my family has lived in this county longer than any other family , since 1863... but you tend to know everybody and everybody knows your business as well... 90% of the time my truck will be sitting in the driveway with the keys in it and whether I'm home or not the front door is usually unlocked, lol...

but there is a lot of history in Missouri and a ton of cool, and werid, stories about the communities and people...

43 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

4000 people, teaming metropolis compared to where I grew up. Keep in mind that Manitoba has most of it's population centralized in Winnipeg and you got a ton of tiny communities scattered throughout the province.

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

4000 people, teaming metropolis compared to where I grew up. Keep in mind that Manitoba has most of it's population centralized in Winnipeg and you got a ton of tiny communities scattered throughout the province.

I can relate, maybe not to the extent that you have experienced but I have several small places, more like wide spots in the road, that are so small they don't have population signs when you enter... the kind of place that Northern Skunk is talking about, no business at all, no mail boxes, you have to go pick up your mail from a post office, place with like 25 people living there, lol...  where I'm located it is a lot of rural/farming community... we are the county seat as we are the largest town in the county...

but on the flip side, I'm only about 90 minutes from either KC or STL... 45 mins from Columbia as well... so you get the rural atmosphere while still being close enough to the 'big cities' to address your needs if you want...

1 hour ago, 66 Chevelle said:

Dude, 4000 ppl is just about as big as Regina. Ok....I exaggerate...but in Canada 4000 people is a big town. My summer cottage is near a town/city of 13000 but the closest real city is 500 miles away with no towns for a 400 mile stretch.

Edited by gcn11