Bombers @ Lewis Ward's 47 yard missed FG Pre-game Thread

BBlink

9 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yes, that was painful to watch Jessie Lumsden have a career game running over a hapless McKinlay...so frustrating.

I remember that game like it was yesterday unfortunately. I was driving to Lethbridge with a buddy and listening to the game. The Ti-Cats were awful that year but that game they punked us. Lumsden made McKinlay his b*tch. I think that was the only game McKinlay ever started.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

14 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Matty vs Dom.  Gonna be interesting.  I still got no tv out here by the beaches though.... looks like another evening of Irving and Brown

Are you at Paint Lake? If so, head over to the marina they will have the game on.

Not sure why as well they have Briggs listed as a starter, as ratio wise it isn't required, nor does it really benefit us in any regard substitution wise...Is he better than Temple and or Warren...i don't think so, but then again I'm sure coaches have a better feel for who is better suited, but just seems weird

I think we see the offence go off in this one..Harris will wnat to erase any memory of his worst game as a Bomber and I think the offence will be playing with a purpose to quiet all the critics, and finally playing in consecutive weeks for the first time since T.C should get us in a groove

"starters" on depth chart really means little with this team as they rotate through guys so much. Still, Bighill out is a MASSIVE loss for a Bombers D that's already given up a metric **** tonne of yards this year. Look for the RBs to really attack with the mid-level stuff...

2 hours ago, BBlink said:

We are surely Ottawa's biggest test so far.  Whereas I don't feel like they are ours.  That said, it will be an interesting game.  They are a solid team.

Does anyone want to make guesses on the FG length that Ward will miss tomorrow?

Yeah i think they are better than most cfl give them credit for but a lot worse than what the cfl pundits credit them.

As the thread title says... 47 yards.

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Bauming is going to have quite the tab buying us all pizza.

Very first thing I did this morning when I saw the news on Twitter........the man likes good beer, so next time I'm home I might have to demand a pint and a slice at Stone Angel before the game on Mr B's tab.....

and thing I just remembered to post, regarding Bauming and the pizza.......it's yet another reminder to never question Bob Irving. Bob said it was doubtful, and Bauming thumbed his nose at it.....aaaaand yet again, Knuckles was right. Never question the Godfather.....

Bombers will flex their muscle in this one. Simply beat on Ottawa. The score will take care of itself. No one likes playing the Bombers. We are a nasty bunch. I'm looking for a punch-you-in-the-mouth kind of game. We have no friends over there. **** 'em. 

Ottawa has had our number since their return. A loss wouldnt shock me. I want to think Matty and Harris have bounce back games tho after less than stellar play last week. 

The O steps up here IMO. 

Edited by Goalie

34 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Very first thing I did this morning when I saw the news on Twitter........the man likes good beer, so next time I'm home I might have to demand a pint and a slice at Stone Angel before the game on Mr B's tab.....

You definitely should.

I'm pretty sure Kilter brews out of the Stone Angel location, as well.  They have a couple real good beers.

47 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ottawa has had our number since their return. A loss wouldnt shock me. I want to think Matty and Harris have bounce back games tho after less than stellar play last week. 

The O steps up here IMO. 

Oddly enough, the last few years it seems to be the away team that gets it done between these two teams. Saying that. Trevor Harris is no longer there, and the bomber coaches have a very good understanding of Davis.

Honestly I'm excited for Briggs' first start. He was a great LB at McGill and had good numbers at the combine when drafted. Good special teams player who has come in as an injury replacement on defence several times and looked fine. Not sure why everyone is so down on him???

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Ottawa has had our number since their return. A loss wouldnt shock me.

Series: The Bombers are 45-31-1 all time vs. the Ottawa Rough Riders/Renegades/REDBLACKS. Winnipeg is also a solid 23-17 in Ottawa over that span, including wins in their last three visits to the nation’s capital.