Bombers @ Lewis Ward's 47 yard missed FG Pre-game Thread

BBlink

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Briggs college "tape". 

Tait: “Right from his  (Briggs) rookie year he’s as smart as they come,” said O’Shea. “He sees it or hears it once and he knows it. He’s extremely fast, he’s strong, he’s a very good football player. He’s probably deserved more of an opportunity over his last bunch of years than we’ve given him.

This was a guy who had the fastest 40 time among linebackers in his draft class. The Bombers traded up to get him in the second round. He and Thomas Miles are the only LBs left in the CFL from that 2014 draft. I'm not saying he's going to be a superstar but I love that he is finally getting a chance to prove what he can do on defence.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

I believe it was on 1290 radio when the signing was announced. If memory serves, the comment was that Jefferson in Regina had the freedom to go where he wanted and the rest of the front 7 had to compensate. There was speculation as to whether he would still be given the same license with  he Bombers.

That’s not freelancing though ... freelancing suggests he plays outside the game plan and doesn’t follow his assignments, whereas having the freedom to do that (if true) would be part of the game plan.

Willie Jefferson is not a concern at all. I will say the only bright spot to Biggie getting a (hopefully) minor injury is WJ may feel comfortable grabbing that leadership role.

WJ had a very good game against Edmonton  I think he really steps up tomorrow

Edited by Geebrr

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

That’s not freelancing though ... freelancing suggests he plays outside the game plan and doesn’t follow his assignments, whereas having the freedom to do that (if true) would be part of the game plan.

WJ was asked if he was given the ability to go off script for the Riders when he signed here, he said no. 

Edited by Geebrr

I don't know why anyone has concern about Jefferson.  While he may not have the numbers his play has been solid and he's really contained the QB and pushed him towards Jeffcoat who has something like 12 hurries already.  No concerns at all about him.    Only guy on D who is on the radar is Fenner and that's about it. 

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't know why anyone has concern about Jefferson.  While he may not have the numbers his play has been solid and he's really contained the QB and pushed him towards Jeffcoat who has something like 12 hurries already.  No concerns at all about him.    Only guy on D who is on the radar is Fenner and that's about it. 

Yup. Fenner is a gigantic boil on the butt of the team. If he is starting tonight, my opinion of O'Shea is going to sink.

On 2019-07-04 at 5:59 PM, Geebrr said:

Willie Jefferson is not a concern at all. I will say the only bright spot to Biggie getting a (hopefully) minor injury is WJ may feel comfortable grabbing that leadership role.

WJ had a very good game against Edmonton  I think he really steps up tomorrow

I felt it

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

ha ha ha...you just really jumped aboard the WJ train after last week and are driving now, eh?

😂 Well...

I thought he was good against BC, but at least could get why people were down on his night.

I thought he was fantastic against the Esks and could not believe people were down on his night.

So now I gotta drive the bus and he is getting the highlight reel plays so it will be easier.

I honestly think Biggie being out gave him the space to lead the D, and he found a comfort zone with that. 

39 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

😂 Well...

I thought he was good against BC, but at least could get why people were down on his night.

I thought he was fantastic against the Esks and could not believe people were down on his night.

So now I gotta drive the bus and he is getting the highlight reel plays so it will be easier.

I honestly think Biggie being out gave him the space to lead the D, and he found a comfort zone with that. 

You're not wrong, brother...you're not wrong.......

4 hours ago, Geebrr said:

It should make other CFL teams nervous.

No one, and I mean NO ONE, wants to play the Bombers. Word gets around fast and players and coaches are looking for the Bomber week on their schedules and grimacing. Everyone wants Toronto, no one wants to be smashed in the mouth by Winnipeg.

Oh, there's some false bravado out there. No doubt. But let's be serious. 

That's just reality and I love it.