2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

On 2019-07-27 at 3:17 PM, 17to85 said:

You know that when a guy goes down without contact that it's probably not going to be a fun injury. 

I don't buy the crap about Masoli being one of the star quarterbacks in the league but cripes the QB play is bad enough as is without starters getting hurt. 

Montreal for 1st in the east now? Ain't that some **** eh?

Not in the doom and gloom camp yet.  Evans, I think,  has enough to make that offense work.

On 2019-07-27 at 5:19 PM, J5V said:

What are you guys talking about? Hamilton is so good that they made us look like pure crap WITH THEIR BACKUP QB! I won't be feeling sorry for them any time soon. 

They scored a total of 9 points with that backup QB in for 3 quarters.  It's a bit of a stretch to say that they made us look like crap with him in the game.

1 hour ago, Zontar said:

No evidence to suggest Edwards has anything to do with 3downnation anymore or is even employed by local rag. Byline has disappeared for awhile now.

Tabbies beat writer on our local pre-game show Friday mentioned that DE is the webmaster for his paper's (Spectator?) website....so he's definitely doing that, at the very least.

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Tabbies beat writer on our local pre-game show Friday mentioned that DE is the webmaster for his paper's (Spectator?) website....so he's definitely doing that, at the very least.

Hmmm. Certainly keeping a low profile then.

13 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

In fairness though, there's no one to pick up out there. Plus Watford can provide some inside info. 

HAM needed a third arm regardless. Highly doubt HAM sees him as anything more.

Rider fans now shamelessly playing the "we so smart they so dumb" game for shedding Watford.

46 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The way 3 Down Nation is begging for money they may not be long for this world.  It would be unfortunate if they couldn't survive on ad revenues but not uncommon.

On 2019-07-26 at 2:33 PM, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I said the same thing. I'd snap up free tickets for the kids or a set of cheap tickets in a heart beat. The kids are the ones who will continue to support the club so why not get them there young. And the amount I spend on food and drinks when my kids come is tripled so it's a no brainer for the club IMO.

I know what you mean... I also drink a lot more when I'm just with my kids...

4 hours ago, Sard said:

They scored a total of 9 points with that backup QB in for 3 quarters.  It's a bit of a stretch to say that they made us look like crap with him in the game.

That was a game where we were gifted an unfortunate (for the cats) QB injury. All we had to do was score a few points on offense and the game was ours but for some reason we could not do it. VERY disconcerting that a seasoned veteran QB like Matt Nichols armed with arguably the best collection of talent we have had in years couldn't muster a few more points. That was a golden opportunity wasted. Crap.