2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

14 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

CFL America Films, Radio TV Network

#ridernation I have a feeling the @Wpg_BlueBombers are going to be looking over their shoulders very soon. @sskroughriders @PifflesPod

Here’s hoping that Hamilton takes care of these upstarts..

At Calgary and Edmonton... absolutely.

Like really??...cause they beat BC and TO and have a not very good QB.. and a defense this year that is not top 2 in league..maybe 4th or 5th best...but yeah I guess we will be looking "back" over out shoulder at a 4th place club at best

55 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

The Riders are 3/3 and their last 9 are: Winnipeg, Winnipeg, Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary, B.C., Edmonton, Edmonton. I don't see them winning enough in the second half to be a threat to us, Edmonton or Calgary.

3/3 beating the Lions and Argos, a combined 1-12 record, and if they hadn't had a game against each other it might well be 0-13. Yeah the Riders have a hell of a lot to prove before anyone fears them. 

18 hours ago, J5V said:

That was a game where we were gifted an unfortunate (for the cats) QB injury. All we had to do was score a few points on offense and the game was ours but for some reason we could not do it. VERY disconcerting that a seasoned veteran QB like Matt Nichols armed with arguably the best collection of talent we have had in years couldn't muster a few more points. That was a golden opportunity wasted. Crap.

The comment you made was that "WITH THEIR BACKUP QB" they made us look like "pure crap", which is not the case at all.  The fact that Nichols was in a funk and couldn't pull it out of the fire has nothing to do with how Hamilton's backup QB played.

On 2019-07-29 at 8:46 AM, Zontar said:

No evidence to suggest Edwards has anything to do with 3downnation anymore or is even employed by local rag. Byline has disappeared for awhile now.

What happened to Drew Edwards?  Did I miss something?

54 minutes ago, Zontar said:

How about a smidgen of respect to HAMs defense ?

The ints weren't great plays, they were being in the right spot to capitalize on over throws and one of the fumbles on a return was the guy dropping the ball, the other the returner ran into his own guy which put him off balance and led to poor ball security. So yeah Hamilton was opportunistic, but those mistakes were bomber sloppiness more than anything.

15 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

The Riders are 3/3 and their last 9 are: Winnipeg, Winnipeg, Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary, B.C., Edmonton, Edmonton. I don't see them winning enough in the second half to be a threat to us, Edmonton or Calgary.

its hard to sweep a team. I see them winning 3 of those games max. 

4 hours ago, Zontar said:

Honestly if you beat the pressure you crush their Defense. I dont think its a great D by any means. But it is good at what it does. 

4 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

For the people who laugh at CFL 2.0. This is just one of many guys Brandon Colliers group have gotten D1 opportunities. In a few years there is going to be some very talented players starting in the CFL from Europe.

I hope you are correct. 

7 hours ago, Sard said:

The comment you made was that "WITH THEIR BACKUP QB" they made us look like "pure crap", which is not the case at all.  The fact that Nichols was in a funk and couldn't pull it out of the fire has nothing to do with how Hamilton's backup QB played.

He played as well and scored as many points as our seasoned veteran QB. That shouldn't happen. Hence, crap.

7 hours ago, Zontar said:

Bah! Your D sucks against the run. Why we didn't run against you is a complete mystery. Had you shut down our run and forced Nichols to pass it would be different. Even then, for some reason Nichols was floating beach balls out there. Any D would have looked good against us.