2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

32 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I know times are desperate in Toronto but trading for Collaros is a brutal move. Guess Fajardo is now the chosen one in Riderland.

34 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I know times are desperate in Toronto but trading for Collaros is a brutal move. Guess Fajardo is now the chosen one in Riderland.

Based on the results of wins against a team that has gone 1-13?  Oh well, not our circus, not our monkeys.

Just now, LeBird said:

Based on the results of wins against a team that has gone 1-13?  Oh well, not our circus, not our monkeys.

hes been a soup can crusher, and not even a particularly impressive one at that. But the guy has potential and is better then the broken shell of ZC.

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

At first I thought maybe ZC was signing with the team that originally recruited him so he could retire there, but if there's a 2nd rounder involved, then TO is expecting him to play. That poor bastard. Legitimately concerned about his long term health... 

Toronto clearly expects him to start for some reason. If I was them I would protect the arms and look for a qb who can run for his life. 

9 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Riders think it's a genius move. All true if you forget the fact Riders signed the expensive concussion prone guy in the first place.

They will be in a world of hurt if Fajardo goes down... their QB backups (per their Week 7 depth chart):

Isaac Harker: Cracked their roster in 2019, has only played in 2 games to-date with just under 30 passing attempts. He also has 0 TDs and 3 INTs.
Bryan Bennet: Former Bomber - started 18 games, mostly on STs, has a total of 8 career passing attempts to-date. He hasn't thrown any TDs or INTs to date, given his limited reps.

I don't think Collaros' health would've impacted the decision - he hasn't looked the same for a number of years. The fact the 'Riders have managed a .500 record so far with such a thin QB roster is surprising.

16 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

They will be in a world of hurt if Fajardo goes down... their QB backups (per their Week 7 depth chart):

Isaac Harker: Cracked their roster in 2019, has only played in 2 games to-date with just under 30 passing attempts. He also has 0 TDs and 3 INTs.
Bryan Bennet: Former Bomber - started 18 games, mostly on STs, has a total of 8 career passing attempts to-date. He hasn't thrown any TDs or INTs to date, given his limited reps.

I don't think Collaros' health would've impacted the decision - he hasn't looked the same for a number of years. The fact the 'Riders have managed a .500 record so far with such a thin QB roster is surprising.

Not enough games left against the Argos and the Lions to keep that streak alive.

Getting anything for Zach at this point is a good move for the Riders.  If I was them I would re-sign Bridge as the 3rd stringer just in case they run into injury troubles and are making a play off run.  

Toronto is grasping...  hope and a prayer is what they are doing. 

4 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

They've beat TO and BC. Not that amazing. Collaros sucks so there was no drop off.

Edited by Geebrr

55 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

1-12 combined record for teams Sask has beaten.

They've proven they are the 3rd worst team until they beat someone else.

Collaros was cleared to practice this week, but Riders chose not to put him out there (which honestly is the sensible thing to do...) but you know that ZC is gonna keep trying until he's carted off for good......poor bastard.

30 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I didnt think you were allowed to trade injured players. Is ZC cleared to play?

He was removed from the 6 game and eligible to return the other day but wasn't at camp. So this isnt entirely surprising. (other then the fact some one else was willing to give up an asset for him) 

10 minutes ago, do or die said:

Toronto resorting to big name gimmicks, again

Same ole argos. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Well, if it’s same doctor who looked over Willy..then they’re screwed.

In cases like this (and willy) the other team should be getting a psych eval instead of a medical dr to do a check up.  

49 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

1-12 combined record for teams Sask has beaten.

They've proven they are the 3rd worst team until they beat someone else.

Alright, well I was going to make a post about how opponent combined record doesn't really correlate with anything you're saying... so here's what I found:

Team name, record (Wins against) - W-L - Winning % (Note: Duplicate wins against the same team omitted for W/L record)

MTL, 3-2 (HAM/OTT/EDM) - 11-7 - (0.611)
OTT, 2-4 (CAL/SSK) - 7-5 - (0.583)
HAM, 5-1 (OTT/SSK/TOR/MTL/WPG) - 13-16 - (0.448)
WPG, 5-1 (BC/EDM/OTT*2/TOR) - 7-18 - (0.280)
CAL, 4-2 (BC/SSK/TOR/OTT) - 6-19 (0.240)
EDM, 4-2 (MTL/BC/TOR/BC) - 4-14 (0.222)
SSK, 3-3 (TOR/BC*2) - 1-12 (0.077)
BC, 1-6 (TOR) - 0-6 (0.000)
TOR, 0-6 Indeterminate, they haven't posted a win yet.

I find it interesting though that MTL and OTT have the best percentages despite being middle of the pack - Ottawa's inconsistent play really shows thanks to their win against CAL.

TLDR; Juran's right.

31 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Collaros was cleared to practice this week, but Riders chose not to put him out there (which honestly is the sensible thing to do...) but you know that ZC is gonna keep trying until he's carted off for good......poor bastard.

I guess its that same macho "I'm not coming out. I'm staying on the field" thing. Poor bastard indeed.