Game Day Thread- Week Seven: Toronto @ Winnipeg July 27, 2018

Bombers Canadian offensive players are by a country mile the best in the league.

No stats for this, but I think it's a fair guess to say that our Canuck backups are better than many/most teams starting canadians. 

What a nice breakout home game for Demski. 

so nice........For years Bombers fans have wanted to see local lads on the team. 

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Me either, but I think now I'm ready to see this team knock CGY down.  Bout time we went beyond beating the struggling teams and take down the elites.

When the Bombers can beat the Esks and Calgary, they will have the respect of the league, fans and media.I will settle for the Bombers sweeping the Riders in September.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It's not so much Suitor is biased ( & he is). It's how he just goes on & on & on about certain players. Like Jonathan Jennings. He is only one in a long list of qbs he fawns over & keeps telling us how great he is when he clearly isn't.  It just gets so tiring listening to the same thing every game.

Or goes on and on about squaring up shoulders to turn up field..holy crap I sure people got the idea after the 6th or 7th time he yammered on about it

42 minutes ago, Tracker said:

When the Bombers can beat the Esks and Calgary, they will have the respect of the league, fans and media.I will settle for the Bombers sweeping the Riders in September.

Thing is tho..good teams generally abuse the weak sisters and save for the 2 quarter melt down against bc we have basically mauled the bad teams..a good sign

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

We were 11-7 and 12-6 the last two years respectively, finishing ahead of Edmonton each time. 

We are one of the elite teams of the league.

16 hours ago, Tracker said:

We finished ahead of Edmonton last year beating them twice in the regular season, they beat calgary in calgary last year.... and still no respect. No one will ever give Winnipeg respect.

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Winnipeg is one of the top 3 teams in the league and you're complaining that we don't get any respect? LOL

We know we have one of the top teams, but the media never gives them credit for it. Been a top team for a while now but it's always Calgary this or Edmonton or Saskatchewan this for some inexplicable reason. Need to finish off this season with a Grey Cup just to watch the rest of the league wonder what the hell just happened. 

Calgary is apparently one of the elite teams and has been for several years but they are heavily criticized for not winning the Cup. The Bombers can win a lot of regular season games, but until they redeem themselves by winning the Grey Cup or at least putting up a darned good fight in a Cup loss, they will be considered also-rans. Its been just too long between drinks.

Championships are not the only measure of a team or player.

minnesota Vikings, Buffalo Bills, were both elite teams, and Dan Marino was  one of the best qb. in the history of the sport.

likewise some ordinary quarterbacks have won titles with exceptional teams.

On 2018-07-27 at 10:00 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

Trestman doesn't know the rules...Adams block legal on screen pass behind line of scrimmage.  ******* puke, his Als teams relied on picks in the passing game, you'd think he'd know the rules.

I’m sure Trestman knows the rules just fine... he was just reaching cuz his team was getting pumped... 

Suitor is just awful. Almost Black territory. The only one that even mentioned the Bombers during the game was Cuthbert. Even my wife turned to me at one point and said "Judging by the commentary you'd think Toronto was winning by a huge margin". So we really started paying attention and no matter how many good things the Bombers did the conversation always swung back to the Argos. It really makes me sick how little respect we get. 

On 2018-07-28 at 4:42 PM, Tracker said:

I think at least part of the lack of respect comes from having the defense we do. The old addage "defense wins championships" probably still holds true even in the CFL. Calgary gets a lot of respect for their D. Us not so much.