Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

51 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And in Montreal Tommie Campbell, highest paid DB in the league, was scratched in warm-up for having his chinstrap undone.  Als played a player short.

I bet he misses Calgary now.  And this Roberson kid who took his place on the Stamps is playing extremely well. So, he's not even missed.

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And in Montreal Tommie Campbell, highest paid DB in the league, was scratched in warm-up for having his chinstrap undone.  Als played a player short.

From the 3downNation article it sounds like Campbell didn't do up his chinstrap doing a practice and not in warm-up. So they already decided he wasn't going to play.

The reason why they were a man down is because Nicolas Boulay got injured during warm-up.

http://3downnation.com/2018/08/11/alouettes-db-tommie-campbell-scratched-for-personal-reasons-montreal-playing-one-man-short/

On 2018-08-11 at 8:02 AM, Ripper said:

The riders sell far and away the most merchandise in the league so its not that.  I would chalk it up as stupidity and wanting to see his name in the paper

Yes but it is due to the law of supply and demand. The Riders go though so many players during the year that new bodies are always coming and going hence the need to continue to purchase jersey's. If i were a rider fan I would buy a game jersey and on the back just put a big "?". That way I would not have to continue to buy new ones during the season! :) 

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎11 at 11:06 PM, JuranBoldenRules said:

Isn't this the guy who chased by the cops and was caught with a bag of crack in his backpack?

Or am I just imagining this?

On 2018-08-12 at 2:30 AM, WinnipegGordo said:

From the 3downNation article it sounds like Campbell didn't do up his chinstrap doing a practice and not in warm-up. So they already decided he wasn't going to play.

The reason why they were a man down is because Nicolas Boulay got injured during warm-up.

http://3downnation.com/2018/08/11/alouettes-db-tommie-campbell-scratched-for-personal-reasons-montreal-playing-one-man-short/

Herb's tweet said he refused to do up the chinstrap. Seems to me if a coach tells you to do something and you refuse you're going to face disciplinary action. Maybe this wasn't the first time he refused to do what was asked.

7 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Herb's tweet said he refused to do up the chinstrap. Seems to me if a coach tells you to do something and you refuse you're going to face disciplinary action. Maybe this wasn't the first time he refused to do what was asked.

I'm baffled at this age and this level that a player would push something so trivial as a chin strap to the point of suspension..

Asinine actually. 

2 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

I'm baffled at this age and this level that a player would push something so trivial as a chin strap to the point of suspension..

Asinine actually. 

Speaks to the culture there. No buy in. When you let something as stupid as that get under your skin both as player and coach. There are big time issues.

15 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Asinine actually. 

If this is in fact true, I'm more baffled because doing up his chin strap is for his safety, nothing more, nothing less. 

Remind me not to have in my car and ask him to do up his seatbelt.