Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

WTH is going on with the Riders & the CFLPA over Rob Bagg? Was he brought back because Jones shouldn't have cut him when injured? I read the CFLPA statement & it was as clear as mud.

I'm hearing Jones cut him and he was hurt. Bagg filed grievance to cflpa and riders had to pay him his wages and medical stuff. Jones lied yesterday and was squirming pretty good today with the media drilling him about it. I think they brought him back because of it.  On a personal note, I am a huge fan of Rob Bagg's, he should never have been let go it the first place.  He will give them a big lift

6 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I'm hearing Jones cut him and he was hurt. Bagg filed grievance to cflpa and riders had to pay him his wages and medical stuff. Jones lied yesterday and was squirming pretty good today with the media drilling him about it. I think they brought him back because of it.  On a personal note, I am a huge fan of Rob Bagg's, he should never have been let go it the first place.  He will give them a big lift

Jones just keeps sinking in the quicksand of his own actions.  I don't know if it was in the CFLPA statement or from the Rider media person who posted that statement on twitter but it said Bagg was now being "made whole".  That was something I never read before when describing a player with an injury.  I think the players are going to stop playing for Jones to get rid of him as they don't trust him. How can they? How many vets has he screwed over as Riders GM?? Jones is Reynolds problem as he threw the bank vault at him to sign him.  Then gave him too much power. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

11 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So the Bagg thing, are the Riders on the hook for him entire salary? Isn't that another $100,000?

Jones is a total cluster.... . How much salary has he wasted over the past 2 1/2 seasons??? BTW Guard Derek Dennis is having a solid season with the Stamps yet he couldn't play for the Riders. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

46 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So the Bagg thing, are the Riders on the hook for him entire salary? Isn't that another $100,000?

Even if they were.  It wouldn't matter, it wouldn't count against the cap if he was injured.  That's my guess

58 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Jones just keeps sinking in the quicksand of his own actions.  I don't know if it was in the CFLPA statement or from the Rider media person who posted that statement on twitter but it said Bagg was now being "made whole".  That was something I never read before when describing a player with an injury.  I think the players are going to stop playing for Jones to get rid of him as they don't trust him. How can they? How many vets has he screwed over as Riders GM?? Jones is Reynolds problem as he threw the bank vault at him to sign him.  Then gave him too much power. 

I don't know what is true.  None of us do.  It doesn't look good from what I hear anyway.  That's all I can say. My opinion only

His salary counts..thus the confusion now and Jones going back on his word.

Once grieved and determined in wrong basically he was effectively counted against SMS...so when he was healthy he had Riders hand forced and they had to bring him back basically..prob reason why too he was never picked up by anyone

I would love to know the figure in money tossed out the window on bonuses paid to Bond..Messam..Carter and salary up to point they were cut..as well as Baggs bonus and salary as I think bagg got a 30k ish bonus too...I bet its upwards of 300k..totally wasted...its almost beyond funny what a mess Jones has architected 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

His salary counts..thus the confusion now and Jones going back on his word.

Once grieved and determined in wrong basically he was effectively counted against SMS...so when he was healthy he had Riders hand forced and they had to bring him back basically..prob reason why too he was never picked up by anyone

I would love to know the figure in money tossed out the window on bonuses paid to Bond..Messam..Carter and salary up to point they were cut..as well as Baggs bonus and salary as I think bagg got a 30k ish bonus too...I bet its upwards of 300k..totally wasted...its almost beyond funny what a mess Jones has architected 

Not funny when you are a fan of team. 

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

If we want to get in to reffing. Edmonton game we got screwed on the td call. Esks offside all night and the throat slash that no one saw.  Funny the throat slash is on cfl website in the highlights of the game

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Its in there beside grey cups we should have won

And blaming the refs for a 13th man as well......

Wow. When I look back 3 years ago and look at the hiring that each team had made - O’Shea, entering his 3rd year, and the shiny new DC, with sunglasses and the many titles - Jones. I remember the excitement wafting over the borders from Sask (not the usual wafting). There was a new sheriff in town..and he looked legit. Not so much now.

Compare the orgs. now and really, there is no comparison. The Bombers are in order, the Riders are in disarray. Does anybody really know what’s going on there? 

Saskatchewan, a team with a good defence on the field, but there is no defence for what direction Jones is taking that team.

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Wow. When I look back 3 years ago and look at the hiring that each team had made - O’Shea, entering his 3rd year, and the shiny new DC, with sunglasses and the many titles - Jones. I remember the excitement wafting over the borders from Sask (not the usual wafting). There was a new sheriff in town..and he looked legit. Not so much now.

Compare the orgs. now and really, there is no comparison. The Bombers are in order, the Riders are in disarray. Does anybody really know what’s going on there? 

Saskatchewan, a team with a good defence on the field, but there is no defence for what direction Jones is taking that team.

We interviewed O'Shea when we hired Chamblin.  Do we win that cup in 2013 if O'shea gets that job. Jones looked like a world beater when he was hired, now he looks like a great DC who is over his head.  MOS was likely one more loss away from getting fired but remains, was that a good move? Time will tell.  Interesting how things work out sometimes.  That's what makes this league and this game the one I love the most. This league means so much to the fans and this country. For any fan of whatever team that supports their team, cheers....

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

We interviewed O'Shea when we hired Chamblin.  Do we win that cup in 2013 if O'shea gets that job. Jones looked like a world beater when he was hired, now he looks like a great DC who is over his head.  MOS was likely one more loss away from getting fired but remains, was that a good move? Time will tell.  Interesting how things work out sometimes.  That's what makes this league and this game the one I love the most. This league means so much to the fans and this country. For any fan of whatever team that supports their team, cheers....

Hiring O'Shea was a bit of a gamble that hasn't quite paid off just yet ( I was rooting for Tom Higgins) but despite the lack of playoff wins, he is still pretty safe here.

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Plop was a front runner for head coach if O'Day would have got the GM job.  If Jones gets canned and Jeremy O'day takes over, that's exactly what he will do  

I would not doubt this. I do not think that LaPolice has headcoaching out of his blood yet.