Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I could see it getting to a point where everyone refuses to get behind centre. A brutal OL and the game plan is not helping them out at all. 

That injury wasn't the OL fault. However, I thought the hit on Manziel was a deliberate headshot. The Ottawa defender aimed for Manziel's head & gave him a shoulder shot. There should be a penalty & suspension. 

9 hours ago, Ripper said:

Is Matt Nichols still your qb?  Don't hold your breath

YEAH HE IS...AND IS 4-1 as a starter this year even though he has played below his usual standards...point being???...I can say too..we are probably better off with Strevler behind center if Nichols gets hurt than anything you guys trot out there...especially based on the support all around )coaching/rb/O-line/receiver) and proof is in the pudding from whats transpired this year so far.

Heck...Streveler has produce more TD's this year in his 3 starts and spot play all by himself than your offense has in total all year...can't deny that can you?

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That injury wasn't the OL fault. However, I thought the hit on Manziel was a deliberate headshot. The Ottawa defender aimed for Manziel's head & gave him a shoulder shot. There should be a penalty & suspension. 

I thought Manziel ducked into it, so I think a penalty and suspension would be too much.  The defender didn't lead with his helmet either, I think it was just one of those hard plays that sometimes happen rather than any sort of intention to injure.  I could be wrong, but that's what I saw.

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah still not certain what he implies with that? 

Nichols is a "ham and egger" who only wins football games. They are much happier with Superstar Collaros who doesnt win football games or for the most part even finishes them. AND dont forget the next goat, bridge. He's been held back by the play calling....

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Nichols is a "ham and egger" who only wins football games. They are much happier with Superstar Collaros who doesnt win football games or for the most part even finishes them. AND dont forget the next goat, bridge. He's been held back by the play calling....

****** Mcadoo

14 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Seriously Ripper?  You're better than that.  I'd expect that level of crap from Migs.  

I was just kidding.  I haven't mentioned Nichols in a long time. Got tired of fighting against the whole site day after day.  Some of the comments about the Riders are a bit over the top too don't you think?

Just now, Ripper said:

I was just kidding.  I haven't mentioned Nichols in a long time. Got tired of fighting against the whole site day after day.  Some of the comments about the Riders are a bit over the top too don't you think?

It's a Bomber board, therefore, I'm not surprised that there might be a negative comment directed towards Saskatchewan.  So in that spirit, Riders suck.  Period.  Always and all ways.

8 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Football is a team sport. Nichols isn't the only reason you have won games. Harris is a far bigger major component to your offense than Nichols is whether anyone wants to admit it or not.  Nichols has played not bad along the way

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Football is a team sport. Nichols isn't the only reason you have won games. Harris is a far bigger major component to your offense than Nichols is whether anyone wants to admit it or not.  Nichols has played not bad along the way

You're right. But taking a piece of the puzzle out, like say a qb. Can and has changed the dynamic and success of this team. Whether you want to admit it or not. With Nichols, bombers are a winning team. Without him. They are not.

Just now, WBBFanWest said:

It's a Bomber board, therefore, I'm not surprised that there might be a negative comment directed towards Saskatchewan.  So in that spirit, Riders suck.  Period.  Always and all ways.

I'm not surprised either. I'm just having some fun. We will see how bad we are when you come here on Labor day

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You're right. But taking a piece of the puzzle out, like say a qb. Can and has changed the dynamic and success of this team. Whether you want to admit it or not. With Nichols, bombers are a winning team. Without him. They are not.

Ok.  Does that logic apply to other teams when their starter is not playing?  Or is that just true when its the Bombers

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Ok.  Does that logic apply to other teams when their starter is not playing?  Or is that just true when its the Bombers

I'm talking about the bombers. But for sake of argument I assume you understand that's generally true. Unless it's the riders. In which case it doesn't matter who is playing. They still lose more than win.

5 minutes ago, Ripper said:

That's rich!

23 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Seriously Ripper?  You're better than that.  I'd expect that level of crap from Migs.  

Same pig, different lipstick TBH. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

That's rich!

Same pig, different lipstick TBH

Personally, I have found Ripper to be a Rider fan that seems  to be a decent enough sort of chap as Rider fans go.  Sort of how dysentry is better than ebola.  Possibly due to the his family tree having fewer loop backs than most!  (j/k Ripper)

9 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Personally, I have found Ripper to be a Rider fan that seems  to be a decent enough sort of chap as Rider fans go.  Sort of how dysentry is better than ebola.  Possibly due to the his family tree having fewer loop backs than most!  (j/k Ripper)

No worries.  I don't know why everyone gets their panties in a knot because I don't worship Matt Nichols. He is not without flaws. One thing is for sure, we need a win against the Stamps on Sunday.  We have played them close but just couldn't get it done. No excuses, at this point, we are what our record says we are

39 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I don't know about that, dysentery left many bodies along the oregon trail.......

55 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Not sure...with our raw as can be raw rooikie in he produced more touchdowns in his time playing ..3 starts plus some short yardage...than the whole lot of Rider QB's all year...so at the lest I would have to say we are better off than the Riders with their 4 year guy in Bridge and their what..7 year guy in Collaros...or is it that the Bombers are just a better team all around and the QB is just a piece of the overall team being better....hmmm...u decide

36 minutes ago, Ripper said:

No worries.  I don't know why everyone gets their panties in a knot because I don't worship Matt Nichols. He is not without flaws. One thing is for sure, we need a win against the Stamps on Sunday.  We have played them close but just couldn't get it done. No excuses, at this point, we are what our record says we are

Pretty much all QB's have flaws...but when you look on Nichols since he took over as a starter...he is what...29-12?...and thats playing in front of some porous defenses whee he had to consistently put up 30+ points just to get that win...so I'd say over the last 3 years he is a proven winner at this point now...not flashy and all bang...but just wins

IF a Rider fan can't admit that they would be happy if they had him running the show the last few years..well then they have no real football I.Q..even behind the cheese cloth O-line you run out there game to game his quick reads and ability to make a play quickly he would do pretty good...though probably get pummeled to a pulp in doing so