Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Yes, it hurt me to hear that. I have nothing more to say or to give to the supporters of Montreal. Never again," Adams told La Presse, per Google translate. "Their behavior was very disrespectful. It was not like I was playing badly. I do not want them to ask me for anything, not even a small piece of equipment.

“I do not care what the situation is. It was a lack of respect and it affected me," Adams said. "I tried anyways to make plays on the field. But that's fine. In the future, I'll treat the fans as they treated me. That's all. "

So if someone asks him for his cup, he's going to disappoint them?  Too bad.

19 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Yes, it hurt me to hear that. I have nothing more to say or to give to the supporters of Montreal. Never again," Adams told La Presse, per Google translate. "Their behavior was very disrespectful. It was not like I was playing badly. I do not want them to ask me for anything, not even a small piece of equipment." 

“I do not care what the situation is. It was a lack of respect and it affected me," Adams said. "I tried anyways to make plays on the field. But that's fine. In the future, I'll treat the fans as they treated me. That's all. "

sounds like this interview was in English (obviously)... then translated to French for La Presse... only to be translated back using google translate for this article... why not just use the original transcript??

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

sounds like this interview was in English (obviously)... then translated to French for La Presse... only to be translated back using google translate for this article... why not just use the original transcript??

Someone Probably did this to see if something controversial would pop up by accident. I wonder what small piece of equipment people are asking for. (asking for a friend).

CFL trends

 1st Year Player / Most FGs Single Game & Longest Streak: The 7 field goals made by Lewis Ward tied the CFL record for most by a 1st-Year player matching Justin Medlock's 7-of-7 in 2009 and is the most by a true CFL rookie (Medlock was in his first CFL season but was NOT a "Rookie" since he had played in the NFL previously). Medlock made all 7 FG attempts on Aug 14/09 in his first CFL season and like Ward his feat came in CFL career game #6:

The longest FG made streak by a 1st Year CFL player was set by Luca Congi in 2006 at 21 in a row:

Duke Williams 100+ in 5 straight: Williams' current run of consecutive 100-yard games has reached 5. With one more this week vs SSK he can get to a level that has been reached only 3 times in CFL history. The last to extend that streak to at least 6 games of 100+ in a row was Jamel Richardson in 2011. Williams has tied the Edmonton record set by Brian Kelly in 1983.

 6-game win streaks as a starter: Bo Levi Mitchell has led Calgary to FIVE different win streaks of at least 6 games in his career. Only two other QBs have engineered more of these 6+ game winning runs for their club:

 11.3 / 10.2 Pts Allowed: Calgary is challenging a long-held CFL record having allowed only 11.3 total points per game thus far. In the entire CFL Era (1958 to today), the fewest TOTAL points allowed record is held by the 1964 BC Lions at 10.5 per game and followed by Hamilton (1965) at 10.9 ppg against.

 2000+ Pace: D'haquille Williams is bidding to become the first 2000+ yard receiver since Allen Pitts had 2,036 yards in 1994.

First Full Divisional Week: This game marks the start of the first full 2018 week of nothing but Divisional rivals playing one another. Through Week #7 the West dominated the East 14 wins to 6 with only Ottawa coming through with a winning record. Hamilton, Toronto and Montreal played a combined 16 inter-games and went 4-14 .222.

 No of different starters: Ottawa & Saskatchewan have had only 28 different players start at least one game compared to Montreal with the most at 40 players.

Games played milestones ahead: Nearing 100 games ... Justin Capicciotti 99, Dan West 98, Samuel Giguere 97, J.C. Sherritt 97, Sam Hurl 96.

 700 Receptions: Weston Dressler has 696 career catches with 3 more to become the 13th player to reach that level. He is also now exactly 200 yards away from reaching 10,000 and his receptions streak is up to 119 consecutive games.

CFL Notes

Hey a little irrelevant but is this the last year of mike Reilly’s contract? Any idea what kind of salary he could command for his next 3 year deal? Is their any chance it reaches 700,000? Sounds far fetched but he really is top tier . Gotta imagine their would be few teams in the Reilly sweep stakes

Edited by CodyT

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎31 at 8:14 PM, Tracker said:

'Cuz no one has to cover for an MLB called Hurl.

1 minute ago, CodyT said:

Hey a little irrelevant but is this the last year of mike Reilly’s contract? Any idea what kind of salary he could command for his next 3 year deal? Is their any chance it reaches 700,000? Sounds far fetched but he really is top tier . Gotta imagine their would be few teams in the Reilly sweep stakes

He's signed thru 2019. He gets a raise next year to $450,000 per.

Just now, CodyT said:

Odd I just looked this up and 3down has an article reporting 2018 at 500,000

Well, it could be. I read he's at $425,000 & he gets a $25,000 raise next season.  I do know he's signed thru next season.  3 Down has lost a lot of credibility with me as they have a lot of fanboyz posing as "journalists" writing about their teams.

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎31 at 6:41 PM, DR. CFL said:

Players are paid to play....plain and simple....they have a boss just like any other employee...you can quit....or mouth off and get fired ......so be it.

Players that get paid to play & don't win, well they don't  play for long. Players that play to win & do have longer careers.