Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

30 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Any predictions on the rest of the year for the Riders, Ripper? As for this week, I don't see you beating Calgary.

We need to win 3 out of next 4 in the worst way. Likely we win 2. We lost some games we should have won. Now we have to win some games we should lose to make up for it. No excuse for losing to Montreal, back up qb or not. Our defense is as good as anybody's and better than most. I'm in a happy place, if we win then its good. If we lose then its nails in the coffin for Jones who I don't like anyway.  We will give the Stamps all they can handle this week, not sure if it will be enough or not

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Not sure...with our raw as can be raw rooikie in he produced more touchdowns in his time playing ..3 starts plus some short yardage...than the whole lot of Rider QB's all year...so at the lest I would have to say we are better off than the Riders with their 4 year guy in Bridge and their what..7 year guy in Collaros...or is it that the Bombers are just a better team all around and the QB is just a piece of the overall team being better....hmmm...u decide

Would you not agree that its easier for a young qb to play in a offense that runs the ball a lot?  A pass first offense like we run is not easy for a young guy to step in and have success with. 

aren't you second..or third in cfl in rushing..hardly a pass first offence...It;s just that your qb's are not that good and supporting staff the same. Short dumps and hooks and screens are the easiest...or should be the easiest play to execute...so that statement makes not a lot of sense...

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

IF a Rider fan can't admit that they would be happy if they had him running the show the last few years..well then they have no real football I.Q..even behind the cheese cloth O-line you run out there game to game his quick reads and ability to make a play quickly he would do pretty good...though probably get pummeled to a pulp in doing so

We have allowed 10 sacks, you have allowed 9. 

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

aren't you second..or third in cfl in rushing..hardly a pass first offence...It;s just that your qb's are not that good and supporting staff the same. Short dumps and hooks and screens are the easiest...or should be the easiest play to execute...so that statement makes not a lot of sense...

Our offense has been offensive all year. Last in pass attempts, last in pass yardage, last in completions.  It will improve with Collaros playing, until his next injury

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

We have allowed 10 sacks, you have allowed 9. 

yeah...because your qb has to chuck it right away...hence that silly screen..flat pass offence...They cant hold the ball for more than a second or else...also any one with any football IQ will know sacks are not a result of poor line play 80 percent of the time...I thought you were a little bit smarter in the Football IQ department...also..majority of the sacks were on a raw rookie who held on ball too long...I think over the last 5 games we have given up...3...at most...and all media...and coaching staffs in league claim bombers having the best line...Sask isn't ever in that discussion....and u have to admit...your line sucks bad...and will look silly on weekend with a raw rookie at tackle against CGY

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Our offense has been offensive all year. Last in pass attempts, last in pass yardage, last in completions.  It will improve with Collaros playing, until his next injury

I doubt it...he's not the savior there...

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I gotta give you credit my man...as a brainwashed Rider fan...you are at the least tolerable and can give and take constructive criticism unlike many on the Rider site when someone has differing opinion or says something anti-rider...so good on you man!

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

I gotta give you credit my man...as a brainwashed Rider fan...you are at the least tolerable and can give and take constructive criticism unlike many on the Rider site when someone has differing opinion or says something anti-rider...so good on you man!

I talk football because I love the game and I love my Riders. Its not my job. I run a business and have kids that I am raising.  My daughter is in Winnipeg this week at Zajak hockey school.  Wife says its been very good. Meanwhile with the Riders, we will be better with Collaros playing that's for sure. I don't see him staying healthy, that's why wouldn't have brought him in, never mind the big bucks he makes.  When a team loses a starting qb, its hard to have the same expected success the team had prior to the injury.

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Which ones? Cause to my eyes they've already won some games they could have lost and the losses were all full credit.

Eskimo's scored go ahead points with 2 minutes left in game.  Montreal scored go ahead points with 4 minutes left in game.  Those are games we should have won

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Eskimo's scored go ahead points with 2 minutes left in game.  Montreal scored go ahead points with 4 minutes left in game.  Those are games we should have won

Because the Riders blew a late lead? Sorry but football doesn't work that way. Gotta be good enough to close out games to say you should have won. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Because the Riders blew a late lead? Sorry but football doesn't work that way. Gotta be good enough to close out games to say you should have won. 

We did blow a late lead, that's why we lost. We weren't good enough that night to hang on and win it. When you are winning on the road with 2 minutes to go, most people would classify that as a game you should have won. I know your only purpose of quoting me to troll because I am a Rider fan so I don't expect you to be objective.

I think too...the Toronto game...clearly could have reversed the pick 6 as ball wasn't touched so pass interference should have been called...If trestman would have used his challenge..you wouldn't have scored that TD...and most likely T.O scores more points ...I really think you guys are lucky to be 3-4...if thats even lucky :)

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

We did blow a late lead, that's why we lost. We weren't good enough that night to hang on and win it. When you are winning on the road with 2 minutes to go, most people would classify that as a game you should have won. I know your only purpose of quoting me to troll because I am a Rider fan so I don't expect you to be objective.

No honestly I don't think close game that was pissed away late counts as a game that should have been won. I certainly don't think that it's fair to say the bombers should have won the first game vs. Edmonton. They ****** up at bad times and lost a close game. 

35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

No honestly I don't think close game that was pissed away late counts as a game that should have been won. I certainly don't think that it's fair to say the bombers should have won the first game vs. Edmonton. They ****** up at bad times and lost a close game. 

******* Lankford!

9 hours ago, Booch said:

YEAH HE IS...AND IS 4-1 as a starter this year even though he has played below his usual standards...point being???...I can say too..we are probably better off with Strevler behind center if Nichols gets hurt than anything you guys trot out there...especially based on the support all around )coaching/rb/O-line/receiver) and proof is in the pudding from whats transpired this year so far.

Heck...Streveler has produce more TD's this year in his 3 starts and spot play all by himself than your offense has in total all year...can't deny that can you?

Do the Riders even have a qb?

2 hours ago, Booch said:

I think too...the Toronto game...clearly could have reversed the pick 6 as ball wasn't touched so pass interference should have been called...If trestman would have used his challenge..you wouldn't have scored that TD...and most likely T.O scores more points ...I really think you guys are lucky to be 3-4...if thats even lucky :)

If we want to get in to reffing. Edmonton game we got screwed on the td call. Esks offside all night and the throat slash that no one saw.  Funny the throat slash is on cfl website in the highlights of the game