Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

I think Sask will beat Edmonton.

Sask is Kind of getting things done like the sixties Vikings.

last season some people said Duke Williams wasn't that good, and pushed off a lot. I don't see him pushing off, maybe he does it. But I think he's shown he's very good.... see streak and stats in Mr Dee post.

They probably have the best two receivers with Duke and Derrel.

Edited by Mark F

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I thought about that upset. But I think Reilly will be able to get a W there. I did pick MTL tonight though.

Ditto.

I don't think Manzel is a long-term solution, but I see the team rallying tomorrow and playing above their heads.

Edited by tacklewasher

22 hours ago, Mark F said:

I think Sask will beat Edmonton.

Sask is Kind of getting things done like the sixties Vikings.

last season some people said Duke Williams wasn't that good, and pushed off a lot. I don't see him pushing off, maybe he does it. But I think he's shown he's very good.... see streak and stats in Mr Dee post.

They probably have the best two receivers with Duke and Derrel.

Duke Williams pushed off all the time last year.  Haven't watched enough Edmonton games this year to see if he's still doing it though.  No question he's a receiver with good hands, but I felt his value was inflated a bit last year because he was able to get away with the push offs.

8 minutes ago, Sard said:

Duke Williams pushed off all the time last year.  Haven't watched enough Edmonton games this year to see if he's still doing it though.  No question he's a receiver with good hands, but I felt his value was inflated a bit last year because he was able to get away with the push offs.

All the Edmonton receivers are allowed to push off. Actually it's not just Edmonton receivers, it's all large receivers. They can do whatever they want to DBs and it's totally OK. Manny Arceneaux is another guy that gets half his yards from push offs. 

14 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

At this point does anyone understand what the hell Jones is doing?  Even if a 44 year old Terrell Owens could play a little bit he can’t play well enough to be worth the distraction he will cause.  Why even waste time on this?  

Because Chris Jones got himself an all-expenses paid trip to an NFL Hall of Fame induction back to the Excited States where he belongs, plus some free publicity and the Riders got bilked out of a few thousand dollars. And Canada's average IQ went up for a couple of days.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Because Chris Jones got himself an all-expenses paid trip to an NFL Hall of Fame induction back to the Excited States where he belongs, plus some free publicity and the Riders got bilked out of a few thousand dollars. And Canada's average IQ went up for a couple of days.

Owens did not attend his induction. Workout happened in Jones home town off-season home Pittsburg Tennessee.

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

3downnation is reporting that Jeremiah Johnson is doubtful against the Esks for this week. I would think that they would be very interested in acquiring Flanders, but what would they have to give up?

I dont think he has proven nearly enough to warrant much of any thing. A very low pick or neg list name maybe. Meanwhile the leos have travon van who has proven/shown as much as flanders and rainey who just needs better useage imo. 

The lions are not in a position to mortgage the future right now. On top of that they have some depth and a stud rb who may miss an un known amount of time. I dont see much if any thing happening. It is also the most talent rich position in football and an easier transition then many from the us game. 

If any thing, I think we would be in a position to swap talent from NI wr (though I wouldnt) young ni OL, dl and lber.