Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

13 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Btw, did the Riders activated Chad Owens #2 this week ?

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I understand, you Sask boys are poor when it comes to numbers. 

The post I responded to was a bit unclear. Activated as in past tense as though was he asking if he had played last game which he did not, or has he been activated already this week even though it hasn't been mentioned so I wondered if he had heard something. Or was he asking if I thought he would be activated this week? Bottom line is it would be easier if you Manitoba boys would use English as your first language

9 minutes ago, Ripper said:

The post I responded to was a bit unclear. Activated as in past tense as though was he asking if he had played last game which he did not, or has he been activated already this week even though it hasn't been mentioned so I wondered if he had heard something. Or was he asking if I thought he would be activated this week? Bottom line is it would be easier if you Manitoba boys would use English as your first language

What don't you understand about "did the Riders activated" ?

28 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I know what you're doing.. you're just ignoring the bold fonts. Nice try. 

Owen 2

Edited by M.O.A.B.

42 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Zver was never on the PR, he declined it.  Little different from poaching someone off the PR as BC never had the chance to activate him.

It would be nice to know more about this time period between getting cut and getting placed on a PR as it seems nebulous.  What is the time-frame and are players allowed to speak with other teams during that time?  As Zver is from Regina, I would think he knew he would be picked up when he turned down the Lions PR spot. 

As for the Riders placing him on their roster, I think it's dumb for them to fill a spot with a development player when they obviously need contributing players right now.  There is no tomorrow in Jonesland.

8 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It would be nice to know more about this time period between getting cut and getting placed on a PR as it seems nebulous.  What is the time-frame and are players allowed to speak with other teams during that time?  As Zver is from Regina, I would think he knew he would be picked up when he turned down the Lions PR spot. 

As for the Riders placing him on their roster, I think it's dumb for them to fill a spot with a development player when they obviously need contributing players right now.  There is no tomorrow in Jonesland.

With the CBA scrapping the old waiver system, the moment your "released" teams can talk to you,  no more waiting period. I believe it was agreed upon so players could find new employment sooner than rather.

That said, Zver is from regina,  very good chance the riders were talking to at least someone close to him as a middle man to get in his ear

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Don't know what you mean?

What's not to understand...? Chad Owens wears #2.

57 minutes ago, Ripper said:

...it would be easier if you Manitoba boys would use English as your first language

Again, I'm not sure what's so difficult for you to comprehend. Did the Riders activate Chad Owens, who wears #2, for week 3?

Pretty alarming when basic math and basic language skills are non-functional.

Edited by blue_gold_84

11 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Sure, Newsome gets cut in Saskatchewan, but what about bothersome, woesome and troublesome?

Though I already know awesome and fearsome won't be making an appearance...

{groan}

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/07/04/nye-roughriders-flashing-signs-improvement/

Apparently the loss is just a mere footnote. BS Man. The Bombers winning is the point. Forever the answer to the trivia question, who was the first team to win at the new Mosaic will be the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Any revisiting of the opening will have to mention that we won. History, baby.

Interesting.  Everywhere else it was a headline.

Footnote - headline, potato - potahto...

Y'know, if I didn't know better, I might suggest Nye isn't entirely objective.