Ridirts @ Rodblacks - An Upset From Ottawa Must Happen

USABomberfan

Man wouldn't that be the make-all headline of the CFL this week.  Lindley was rough in his opening start against us and pressed the ball, but if it's not raining in Ottawa tonight maybe he'll look sharper.

I can only hope so cuz I want Saskabush to have a major choke outing from Kevin Glenn tonight.  If Lindley doesn't get it done, maybe Antoine Pruneau and the Redblack defense will.  SSK is due for a bad one tonight.

With their injuries..short week..on road and Redblack's wanting/needing a win to try and get a home playoff date I see them winning.

Their defense isn't chopped liver and I think Saskatchewan crested on their little streak and are now playing back to where they truly are at. If Hamilton hadn't played such a putrid game they would be riding into Ottawa on a 3 game skid right now, and pitch forks back out to can everything and anything over there on Riderfan's

They got really lucky that they got Hamilton in transition when they did

Just now, Booch said:

With their injuries..short week..on road and Redblack's wanting/needing a win to try and get a home playoff date I see Redblacks winning.

Their defense isn't chopped liver and I think Saskatchewan crested on their little streak and are now playing back to where they truly are at. If Hamilton hadn't played such a putrid game they would be riding into Ottawa on a 3 game skid right now, and pitch forks back out to can everything and anything over there on Riderfan's

They got really lucky that they got Hamilton in transition when they did

That plus Ottawa's home crowd's gotta be turning up for this one.  So far that Redblack faithful has been pretty faithful unlike Montreal's fair-weathered bunch.

As to weather out in the capital, they're saying about 30% rain chance like a few showers with 15-degree temperatures.  Doesn't look like anything real major though as far as rain is concerned, just typical fall football weather.

Kevin Glenn vs. Ryan Lindley?  No contest.  Ottawa is roadkill. 

Lindley reminds me of a Bomber QB from the Doug Berry era, a guy who started two games when Glenn was hurt and stunk out the joint in both of them. 

He got cut the day after his second start when he threw a last minute pick after getting set up in the red zone by a turnover. Anyone remember his name?  I wanna say Tim something?

(edit: it was Mike Quinn)

Edited by johnzo

You talking about Timmy Chang?

Okay, so a trip to wikipedia resulted in the most entertaining paragraph ever:

Chang played in his first regular season game on June 30, 2007 against the Calgary Stampeders when he replaced the struggling Jason Maas towards the end of the fourth quarter, completing his first career CFL pass, a 51-yard pass to Jesse Lumsden, overall finishing 4 of 7 for 86 yards. He threw his first career CFL touchdown on July 14 during the Ticats 29-20 loss to Montreal, a 71-yard pass to Brock Ralph.

Chang was released by the Tiger-Cats on August 29, 2008 and signed by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers the following day.[5] He retired in 2009 and returned to the University of Hawaii to complete his bachelor's degree.[6]

Memories!

Edited by mbrg
awesome stuff

Just now, johnzo said:

Kevin Glenn vs. Ryan Lindley?  No contest.  Ottawa is roadkill. 

Lindley reminds me of a Bomber QB from the Doug Berry era, a guy who started two games when Glenn was hurt and stunk out the joint in both of them. 

He got cut the day after his second start when he threw a last minute pick after getting set up in the red zone by a turnover. Anyone remember his name?  I wanna say Tim something?

(edit: it was Mike Quinn)

Quinn, Mike. yup that is the guy.  I honestly had high hopes for him.. then that game happened.. and his drug issues surfaced.  suffice to say, not my best call lol.

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

Quinn, Mike. yup that is the guy.  I honestly had high hopes for him.. then that game happened.. and his drug issues surfaced.  suffice to say, not my best call lol.

I don't remember him having any drug issues.  I thought it was purely him not listening to the coach and throwing a careless interception in the endzone when we were only down by 2.

Max Hall was the one with the drug issues.

14 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't remember him having any drug issues.  I thought it was purely him not listening to the coach and throwing a careless interception in the endzone when we were only down by 2.

doh. thats right. I blended the 2 together lol. 

thanks for the clarification.

Just now, Atomic said:

Mike Quinn reached back to throw a pass and the defender just took the ball out of his hand and ran it back for a touchdown.

on one of his gaffes, yup.  the other one was he was at like, 30 yard line... needed a first down and had an open man at the sticks but decided to throw it into the endzone (triple coverage) and it was picked.. which sealed the game and his fate.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Yet in all this TJ Rubley's name doesn't come up.  Wonder how that's possible.

Honestly, while Ryan Lindley's expectations might be low, what if he has a 1-game show like Troy Kopp?

4 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Yet in all this TJ Rubley's name doesn't come up.  Wonder how that's possible.

Honestly, while Ryan Lindley's expectations might be low, what if he has a 1-game show like Troy Kopp?

Kopp didn't even have a one game show......it was like a quarter and a half.

3 hours ago, SPuDS said:

But he had those awwweessomme diying few minutes of an nfl pre season game that were classic mike quinn ball movement... :D

3 hours ago, SPuDS said:

no but thats definitely another member of the failed recruitment attempts to solve the BB QB woes.

I thought he might do better up here. Used to love watching him in hawaii tossing it up to chad owens. 

is it lindley again? I thought both qbs were back this week for ott... that just dashed my hopes of watching the riders get run rough into the dirt.