Loudest Fans

O2L

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I woke up to a huge dump of bear poop on my driveway this morning.  We live in harmony, I look out for bear and stay inside and he looks out for me and stays outside.

A few years ago I discovered a large pile of bear poop in my back-yard, and then discovered the perpetrator munching on a bag of garbage only a few feet away down in the ravine.   Luckily the bear was more interested in his garbage than me.

56 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I was curious about the airhorns at New Mosaic, figured that must have been a new policy.   They don't explicitly mention them being banned, but I haven't been to the new digs so I'll take your word for it.

I found this interesting, under prohibited items...

https://www.riderville.com/permitted-and-prohibited/

Airhorns, etc haven't been allowed in even old mosaic for a couple years

11 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Normally I wouldn't give two shits about a "loudest fans" contest... but watching the rider fans get all butt-hurt over something so meaningless is really quite entertaining...  

Had a quick boo at the Riderfans website. The commentary was surprisingly moderate.

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎12 at 8:47 AM, SPuDS said:

ya and the game warden definitely went out of his way to say the animal was essentially murdered by the attempt to corral him and put him to sleep.   I get hes all about animal protection but would it have been wise to let it continue to romp around with thousands of pissed off people around?  cars, people standing or on bikes, all the commotion and excitement.. 

dunno, seemed like the smart idea to me.. just sad how it turned out.

I agree.  The outcome sucks but what other option is there?  The welfare and safety of humans surpasses that of any animal.

They tried their best, they tranq'd it and it passed away.  Every time you put yourself under for a medical operation or such you run the same risk of never waking up.

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Am I the only one that doesn't have a clue what people are commenting about the last couple of weeks?  Who is Hew?

I blame Twitter for my obsolescence.

After a chance encounter with Wade Miller on the morning of the Edmonton game, myself and four coworkers were each generously gifted a pair of tickets to the game (on account of my excessive fandom). Even though we work right near the stadium, most of these guys had never set foot inside, let alone seen a live football game. They were really into it, though, and wanted to learn more about the team. After googling the Bombers a bit, one of them asked me what the 'Fort Hew' hashtag (#FORTHEW) was all about. It was good for a lol. I thought was a story worth sharing, and so Fort Hew was born in all it's glory. At least I like to take credit in my head every time I see it now :ph34r:

Seriously that was one hell of a first football game ever. I'm actually a bit jealous.

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

After a chance encounter with Wade Miller on the morning of the Edmonton game, myself and four coworkers were each generously gifted a pair of tickets to the game (on account of my excessive fandom). Even though we work right near the stadium, most of these guys had never set foot inside, let alone seen a live football game. They were really into it, though, and wanted to learn more about the team. After googling the Bombers a bit, one of them asked me what the 'Fort Hew' hashtag (#FORTHEW) was all about. It was good for a lol. I thought was a story worth sharing, and so Fort Hew was born in all it's glory. At least I like to take credit in my head every time I see it now :ph34r:

Seriously that was one hell of a first football game ever. I'm actually a bit jealous.

I want so desperately for the team to recognize the Fort Hew thing and make it into something. I would buy a tshirt that somehow paid tribute to #FortHew... 

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:37 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

A few years ago I discovered a large pile of bear poop in my back-yard, and then discovered the perpetrator munching on a bag of garbage only a few feet away down in the ravine.   Luckily the bear was more interested in his garbage than me.

I once had a neighbourhood cat poop in my flower bed.  The Cat must've been smarter than me as he did it when I wasn't  around. We live in harmony. 

3 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Good thing their first game wasn't the Jason Boltus disaster....

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎12 at 2:20 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I woke up to a huge dump of bear poop on my driveway this morning.  We live in harmony, I look out for bear and stay inside and he looks out for me and stays outside.

Did you go to the LDC?  If so, the poop may have been deposited by a Riderfanus McCallumus. Very rare animal outside of Saskatchewan, but they are known to identify and then stalk people who have angered them and then defecate on their driveway.  Not known for their intelligence though, so you may be able to distract them in the future with shiny objects and pictures of their female relatives.

6 hours ago, gcn11 said:

Did you go to the LDC?  If so, the poop may have been deposited by a Riderfanus McCallumus. Very rare animal outside of Saskatchewan, but they are known to identify and then stalk people who have angered them and then defecate on their driveway.  Not known for their intelligence though, so you may be able to distract them in the future with shiny objects and pictures of their female relatives.

just don't try to entice them with anything chewable as teeth are few and far between in this species.