Richie Hall Owns This Defensive Stink ... Must Be Gone At Season's End

USABomberfan

1 hour ago, Blue Beard said:

Nichols had the deer in the headlights  look before and after that play.  The Sask D is fast and aggressive,  he caved early and often.  Now maybe our receivers sucked tonight, they seemed blanketed even on the balls they caught.  

Our kicker is good, running backs and o-line.  Big question marks remain everywhere else and today's game has shown it.  7-3 is nice but 7-4 will be disasterous.

Nichols had the deer in the headlights look? What game were you watching? He made a bad throw but show me a qb who hasn't???

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nichols had the deer in the headlights look? What game were you watching? He made a bad throw but show me a qb who hasn't???

I was watching the LDC 2017.  Several bad throws and lots of time to make them.  Hopefully he bounces back and the leash is short if he doesn't.  Not like the Willy fiasco.

Can't blame Nichols all that much, although he certainly didn't shine...Glenn marched up the field at will and made us look like chumps...certainly not champs...This defence has to be improved or we will be easy pickings in the playoffs...Hall is looking very suspect and his type of D against the pass is junk...There has to be improvement to advance any further...How are some of those NFL cuts looking????

56 minutes ago, Blue Beard said:

I was watching the LDC 2017.  Several bad throws and lots of time to make them.  Hopefully he bounces back and the leash is short if he doesn't.  Not like the Willy fiasco.

Short lease? He's having a MOP type season. Take off the green glasses already. Yesterday was his worst game of the season and he still threw for almost 400 yards and 2 TD passes. 

9 hours ago, Blue Beard said:

Nichols had been OK for us no question but some cracks have been starting to show.

I do not see how Nichols is the problem. Yesterday was not one of his better outings, but we have, on balance, an average or slightly below average set of receivers and an offensive coach who cannot seem to adapt to the opposition's defensive schemes. None of our receivers looked like they belonged in the CFL, except Dressler who is probably not up to speed.

18 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Short lease? He's having a MOP type season. Take off the green glasses already. Yesterday was his worst game of the season and he still threw for almost 400 yards and 2 TD passes. 

I don't care if other teams fans come and post stupid things.

I don't like them pretending to be Bomber Fans which in the case of this person, is obvious.

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

I do not see how Nichols is the problem. Yesterday was not one of his better outings, but we have, on balance, an average or slightly below average set of receivers and an offensive coach who cannot seem to adapt to the opposition's defensive schemes. None of our receivers looked like they belonged in the CFL, except Dressler who is probably not up to speed.

Yet we average the 2nd or 3rd most points scored. Weird. So average. 

4 minutes ago, tracker said:

Some folks are just desperate, and I mean desperate, to "out" Nichols as a mediocre QB. Nm the fact we now have the highest scoring O in the league and statistically worst D in the league. It's Nichols and the O's fault!

I sometimes wonder if Tom Brady played here how many people would want to see the backup.

No team has scored more than us, and no team has allowed more points than us. But please, let us keep deliberating what the issue here is. Holy. ****, Cmon Bomber fans, I expect better from a fanbase like ours. We should be more tuned in to the blatantly obvious on the field in front of us

Edited by White Out

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Checking the stats this morning and we've now given up more points than Hamilton for last in the league. :blink:

I hoped to wake up feeling better about the game after a night's sleep and now this. Thanks a lot.:unsure:

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Knox is actually a very instinctive player.......he always goes the wrong way or takes the wrong angle, out there.

That's probably the most frustrating thing about this roster.  There are Americans on our team who completely don't belong on a CFL roster, even after a few years, like Knox, Lankford.  These guys should be interchangeable, you shouldn't need more than a season or even a few games to figure out how to play WIL at a decent level and not screw up in basic ways.  If someone is still making these mistakes after two games you run the next guy in there.  Knox is done.

As for Lankford, he's great at taking kickoffs from the goaline to the 25 and out of bounds.  We need better and it's a joke that he's taking regular snaps at receiver.  Thorpe, Washington, probably most of the NIs we have kicking around and about 5000 wannabe pros in the US could fill that role and be more productive.  Time to say sayonara.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

That's probably the most frustrating thing about this roster.  There are Americans on our team who completely don't belong on a CFL roster, even after a few years, like Knox, Lankford.  These guys should be interchangeable, you shouldn't need more than a season or even a few games to figure out how to play WIL at a decent level and not screw up in basic ways.  If someone is still making these mistakes after two games you run the next guy in there.  Knox is done.

As for Lankford, he's great at taking kickoffs from the goal line to the 25 and out of bounds.  We need better and it's a joke that he's taking regular snaps at receiver.  Thorpe, Washington, probably most of the NIs we have kicking around and about 5000 wannabe pros in the US could fill that role and be more productive.  Time to say sayonara.

Lankford has a lot of speed- maybe one of the fastest in the league, but his hands are still a question mark and his speed is all still in a straight line. How well does he run patterns and fight for the ball? Who knows?

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

With 50 minutes of garbage time you would hope for these numbers, I agree it was his worst.  That's why I hope the leash is short.  Give him a few series and see if the hook is needed.  A mobile QB would be great against the 3 man rush.  Nichols could have had a picnic back there at times.

That being said, the D is bad.  Seems to be a bunch of nice character guys that are not that great at football.

24 minutes ago, Blue Beard said:

With 50 minutes of garbage time you would hope for these numbers, I agree it was his worst.  That's why I hope the leash is short.  Give him a few series and see if the hook is needed.  A mobile QB would be great against the 3 man rush.  Nichols could have had a picnic back there at times.

That being said, the D is bad.  Seems to be a bunch of nice character guys that are not that great at football.

You think Nichols should be going into games with a short leash? That's a remarkably bad opinion. Even for the internet. Congratulations. 

2 minutes ago, do or die said:

Buy the standard set, since Matt took over the helm.......that was not a good game.   But in the big picture, week to week - this D is a far larger problem.   

Even there you're subtly suggesting both are a problem, the o and Nichols and the D. 

Let me blunt about this, this team has one glaring issue: too many points scored. Our d is what stands between us and a championship. 

Just now, rebusrankin said:

The sad thing is many of us were worried about the D in the preseason. We were worried about Hurl, worried about the linebackers with the exception of Mo, worried about the one side of the secondary and 10 games in, concerns are still the same.

are there any NFL cuts that we can air-lift in to help?  Anyone?  Buhler?? Buhler??