Looking Ahead: Winnipeg Vs BC

23 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Washington had a few instances where he had a chance to make plays but Nichols missed him. Nichols hasn't really done a lot of favours to the receivers thus far. He has been over throwing a lot of guys downfield this year, get that cleaned up and we can really see what we have at receiver. 

Dressler seems to do just fine, Adams has had a nice couple games as well. Washington could be good but I really haven't seen it yet, stop trying to lump it all on Nichols. 

Generally the QB throws the ball to a spot, where the reciever is supposed to be unlike when we play back yard football.

How do you know he's not being jammed at the line of scrimmage and is unable to get to these spots? Which would in fact mess up the timing between the qb and reciever.

36 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

Dressler seems to do just fine, Adams has had a nice couple games as well. Washington could be good but I really haven't seen it yet, stop trying to lump it all on Nichols. 

Generally the QB throws the ball to a spot, where the reciever is supposed to be unlike when we play back yard football.

How do you know he's not being jammed at the line of scrimmage and is unable to get to these spots? Which would in fact mess up the timing between the qb and reciever.

Well for starters I'm not lumping it all on Nichols, just making an observation that he's missed a lot of deep throws to a lot of receivers, and Dressler and Adams being the top 2 receivers on the team are naturally going to see a lot more balls coming their way so the times they get missed on throws aren't as obvious as when the couple times they look to the depth guys that happen to go over their heads. 

I got nothing against Nichols but the guy hasn't been as sharp yet this season as he was last year. I believe that'll come though, and it's not the short stuff that's he missing on, just when he goes downfield. 

Or is it not cool to note some of the areas that need to get better for this team? I mean I know we all love Nichols here and his record as a starter speaks for itself, but that doesn't mean he's perfect and above pointing out some of the things he's done less than stellar this year. 

2-1 is a great start, but 2-1 in July doesn't amount to a whole hell of a lot at the end of the day, gotta keep improving as the season goes on in this league of ours. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Well for starters I'm not lumping it all on Nichols, just making an observation that he's missed a lot of deep throws to a lot of receivers, and Dressler and Adams being the top 2 receivers on the team are naturally going to see a lot more balls coming their way so the times they get missed on throws aren't as obvious as when the couple times they look to the depth guys that happen to go over their heads. 

I got nothing against Nichols but the guy hasn't been as sharp yet this season as he was last year. I believe that'll come though, and it's not the short stuff that's he missing on, just when he goes downfield. 

Or is it not cool to note some of the areas that need to get better for this team? I mean I know we all love Nichols here and his record as a starter speaks for itself, but that doesn't mean he's perfect and above pointing out some of the things he's done less than stellar this year. 

2-1 is a great start, but 2-1 in July doesn't amount to a whole hell of a lot at the end of the day, gotta keep improving as the season goes on in this league of ours. 

The frightening irony here (although vastly different) is we started the season last year talking about willy not being able to connect on the deep balls.

youre right about Nichols though. He's been good but not on the same level as last year. Definitely flat out missed some big throws so far. But then again the best in the league Bo-Levi  has been missing some too. 

Its still very early in the season though I just think Nichols needs some time to get in the groove. We've got a damn good OL so I think he'll settle in.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Regardless of quarterback play which I agree needs to improve, they obviously feel they have a better option.

Its pretty simple and doesn't really have anything to do with the quarterback play. I don't think any defence is too worried about Washington, he's a decent deep threat but I don't view him as an effective option within 20 yards.

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

With the exception of Dressler and maybe Denmark, the Bomber receivers don't scare many people, and that includes Adams. We need better performances from the lot. Sooner or later, the opposition will take Dressler away and then we will be boned if no one else steps up.

They have been trying to take away Dressler for 10 years

33 minutes ago, tracker said:

With the exception of Dressler and maybe Denmark, the Bomber receivers don't scare many people, and that includes Adams. We need better performances from the lot. Sooner or later, the opposition will take Dressler away and then we will be boned if no one else steps up.

Double Dressler and watch Denmark beat you to the corner 

34 minutes ago, tracker said:

Adams is easily far better than Denmark at this stage of each of their careers. 

15 minutes ago, tracker said:

Maybe so, but we need a dangerous receiver now, not in 2 or 3 years' time.

Dressler is here now.  Denmark is here now.  Adams is here now.  Harris is here now. (Yes I know he's technically not a receiver but...)  We have a pretty good O line that will provide Nichols some time, so I'm thinking that we have enough tools in the toolbox that if other teams don't "fear" a specific receiver, they're still going to have to give the unit some respect. 

Here comes the Travis Lulay hype.

seemingly overlooked, is that he Played against a dreadful defence that looks like the players have quit. 

don't think he will have as easy time against Wpg Blue Bombers.

Possibly his durabliity will be tested in this game.

Edited by Mark F

Just now, AKAChip said:

What in the world are you talking about?

Dressler by himself will not win us many games, and Denmark has been largely invisible so far this year. Ergo, the Bombers need another deep threat to take the pressure off Dressler. Adams may turn out to be a great receiver in the future, but we need help now.

Just now, tracker said:

Dressler by himself will not win us many games, and Denmark has been largely invisible so far this year. Ergo, the Bombers need another deep threat to take the pressure off Dressler. Adams may turn out to be a great receiver in the future, but we need help now.

Seriously???  Guy is in 6th place overall in receiving yards so far with one less game played than everyone on the list ahead of him.  He's averaging over 100 yards per game and if he'd played 1 more game, he'd be third in the league overall.  Give your head a shake man.  He's a legitimate threat.  Not to mention that no one receiver "wins us many games".  There's a reason that there are 12 guys on the field.  SMH...

1 hour ago, tracker said:

You have got to be kidding. Granted, one player alone typically doesn't win a football game, but Dressler has been on fire so far this season. 6th in the league in receiving yards and still a game less played than anyone ahead of him.

You may want to look beyond just the receivers, BTW. There's more involved in an offense than just them and the Bombers' offense has been pretty streaky so far, including the QB and the play-calling.

I don't think another deep threat is a necessity right now. I just think there are wrinkles the offense is still trying to iron out. It's only been three games.

Edited by blue_gold_84