CFL Insider Lawless Leaving Canada

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

I listen to them on the way home every day (usually between 4 - 5)  and Lawless is usually quiet with Hustler doing nearly all of the talking.

Way more chemistry on the morning drive with Toth and Westwood. 

The morning show has zero talent, chemistry or charisma... If it wasn't sports, there wouldn't be any listeners. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I clicked "like" but I'm actually sitting here chuckling at this, in spite of it.....you're 100% correct, of course....I just shake my head.

Another thing is that Winnipeg media outlets LOVE to recycle "known" names...they're terrified of bringing in unheard of people. That's why you see so many of the Wpg media folks have worked everywhere...

I feel like its been the same people on the radio in Winnipeg since I was a kid.  Honestly been listening to guys like Wheeler, Philly, Ace Burpee, Tom and Joe, Howard Mandshein, and so many other names since I was a teenager.  I wonder if Kelly Parker and Brian Cook are still out there too.  Beau, Tom and Frazier.  Man.

20 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I feel like its been the same people on the radio in Winnipeg since I was a kid.  Honestly been listening to guys like Wheeler, Philly, Ace Burpee, Tom and Joe, Howard Mandshein, and so many other names since I was a teenager.  I wonder if Kelly Parker and Brian Cook are still out there too.  Beau, Tom and Frazier.  Man.

They are.... Cook is with NCI, I believe and Beau is at Bob, I believe... 

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Kelly Moore, Shadoe Davis.  That morning show is rough.  Shadoe just tries to bring this everyman point of view to hard news and it's pretty hard to listen to because he can be kind of ignorant on details.  We don't really have any solid news talk in this city.

On 2017-05-03 at 0:00 PM, Jpan85 said:

Let the speculation begin as to who takes over with Hustler. 

Im thinking Penton(or maybe Wiebe) too but Tosh has got that attitude to knock down the smarmy Hustler.

On 2017-05-03 at 0:54 PM, Mark F said:

What a great job, an hour and a half or so away from Los Angeles and the endless numbers of things you can do there..... Good for him.

Next stop LA Raiders?

Well the Raiders are in Oakland now AND will be in Vegas in 2019(?)

On 2017-05-03 at 0:57 PM, Mark F said:

There are a few hundred espn guys and gals they could get to take that job.

Yeah, good luck getting work visa nowadays.

On 5/5/2017 at 7:32 PM, Atomic said:

I'm sure people in their 60s listened to Howard as a kid!... that man will die at the mic....

and I think here's the answer to your next question:

Kelly Parker - 94.3 (afternoons, I think) 
Brian Cook  - some shitty country station (I guess if it's a country station, shitty is self-explanatory) 
Beau - 99.9 BOB (morning show with Mark Morris)
Tom - I've seen pictures of him floating around social media and he seems to be the only guy to be retired;
Frazier - I have so idea if she is still working...

Edited by bearpants

On 5/9/2017 at 0:03 PM, bearpants said:

I'm sure people in their 60s listened to Howard as a kid!... that man will die at the mic....

and I think here's the answer to your next question:

Kelly Parker - 94.3 (afternoons, I think) 
Brian Cook  - some shitty country station (I guess if it's a country station, shitty is self-explanatory) 
Beau - 99.9 BOB (morning show with Mark Morris)
Tom - I've seen pictures of him floating around social media and he seems to be the only guy to be retired;
Frazier - I have so idea if she is still working...

Is Don Percy still around? If so, that would be some serious longevity.

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Is Don Percy still around? If so, that would be some serious longevity.

I have vague memories of Don Percy purring and growling for my mom over the radio on her birthday. The early 90s sure were different 

Edited by MOBomberFan

4 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I have vague memories of Don Percy purring and growling for my mom over the radio on her birthday. The early 90s sure were different 

Anyone here remember the runaway hot air balloon prank he pulled?? He claimed he was up in the air doing his show from a hot air balloon, went up too high & got caught up in the jet stream in a runaway balloon. He was pleading for help between songs & commercials. One of the damnedest things I ever heard. Hios listeners were freaking out. Turned out it was a total hoax. However, Percy made more than a few people angry but it was a great joke.

That rings a bell... my parents were constantly winning stuff on those call in contests of his. They once made me sing the 'Turtles' chocolates jingle into the phone because each of them had already one once that week and so were ineligible to win again. I'd have been embarrassed but I honestly didn't know another person that listened to KY58

Edited by MOBomberFan
Least of all other 7 year olds

4 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

That rings a bell... my parents were constantly winning stuff on those call in contests of his. They once made me sing the 'Turtles' chocolates jingle into the phone because each of them had already one once that week and so were ineligible to win again. I'd have been embarrassed but I honestly didn't know another person that listened to KY58

Ah yes I remember hearing that.