CFL Insider Lawless Leaving Canada

On 09/05/2017 at 0:03 PM, bearpants said:

I'm sure people in their 60s listened to Howard as a kid!... that man will die at the mic....

and I think here's the answer to your next question:

Kelly Parker - 94.3 (afternoons, I think) 
Brian Cook  - some shitty country station (I guess if it's a country station, shitty is self-explanatory) 
Beau - 99.9 BOB (morning show with Mark Morris)
Tom - I've seen pictures of him floating around social media and he seems to be the only guy to be retired;
Frazier - I have so idea if she is still working...

Tom McGouran is at 94.3 as well. He has a morning show with Kerri Salki.

8 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

I have vague memories of Don Percy purring and growling for my mom over the radio on her birthday. The early 90s sure were different 

I wrote a letter to him when I was in high school asking him to growl for a friend's 18th birthday. He read the letter on-air and all of the teachers at the school heard it as well as a large number of students and relatives of my friend. He did growl for her. My friend wanted to kill me for that.

BTW, he purred if the birthday person was under 18 and growled for those over 18. 

I was a big fan of Tom and Larry (Updike) - can't even remember the radio station they were on (97 I think?).  Tom played a big practical joke on Larry where he had some guy come into the studio.  For weeks Tom had been setting it up with suspicious packages and some weird guy calling in to the station.  Anyway, things went wrong and people were calling the cops and saying there was a hostage situation at the station.  I don't think they ever recovered from that.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

In the early 2000's I remember him coming to my work absolutely trucked up...  I think drugs killed his radio career. He used to a complete mess.

http://uniter.ca/view/rivers-edge

I think nowdays he might have a podcast or an internet show....

Evvvvvvery former broadcaster has a "podcast or an internet show"........."LOOK AT ME! I'M STILL RELEVANT!!!"  sigh..

On 5/5/2017 at 9:34 AM, Atomic said:

Depends what you're talking about when you say replacement.  If you are saying H&L becomes H&P, that's never going to happen.  The drive-home show has to be entertaining first and foremost, not just informative.  Gotta have some measure of charisma for that.  Maybe Penton's got it, maybe he don't.  I'd lean more towards Jeff Hamilton.

Big fan of the Hammer's work. Course I graduated from the same highschool a couple years after him, so a little biased. 

Him and Bauming are best up-and-comers on the Bomber beat. 

47 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Big fan of the Hammer's work. Course I graduated from the same highschool a couple years after him, so a little biased. 

Him and Bauming are best up-and-comers on the Bomber beat. 

Ya I know a guy who played Huskies hockey with JH... Says he's a good dude. Big time NFL guy, but a good dude nonetheless.... 

19 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Brian Cook is a special radio friend to us all.

Whatever happened to **** Rivers?

He just moved back to the city from what I understand.. and is setting up some Web-radio station.   I have him on FB lol.   same ole dickesque comments and attitude.  kinda miss that brashness on the radio.

5 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I was a big fan of Tom and Larry (Updike) - can't even remember the radio station they were on (97 I think?).  Tom played a big practical joke on Larry where he had some guy come into the studio.  For weeks Tom had been setting it up with suspicious packages and some weird guy calling in to the station.  Anyway, things went wrong and people were calling the cops and saying there was a hostage situation at the station.  I don't think they ever recovered from that.

Was this Tom and Larry web show happening before Tom started on the 94.3 morning show?

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Had heard that about Rivers. Used to be a delivery driver in the late 90s. He was fantastic back then.

Me too. 

Yes, he was funny to listen to but I bet, at my age, it would not be as entertaining. 

Ah, Dickens Cider. Good times. 

I hope they find a good replacement for Lawless but boy am I going to miss his insider information. It was good and consistent. CFL and NHL.