Canadian Politics

We'll see real wages slow down. Corporate profits go up. Taxes go down, debt go up. Environmental protections eased. Culture wars on vulnerable communities. Cuts to social programs. And overall quality of life dropping. That's the CP/PPC plan. 

But, the ones with transgender trucks and F*** Trudeau flags will be happy. Libs owned. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

taxes might be cut (I'd bet a years salary they won't be) but debt will then increase (see previous PC federal governments) leaving the burden on the next government.

You can cut taxes without increasing debt....especially when you are following up a Liberal government, such as this one, that it spending like a drunken sailor. By any metric, their spending levels would be a cakewalk to reduce. 

20 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

You can cut taxes without increasing debt....especially when you are following up a Liberal government, such as this one, that it spending like a drunken sailor. By any metric, their spending levels would be a cakewalk to reduce. 

So continuing this discussion what do you think the CPC should cut if they form government?

1 hour ago, JCon said:

We'll see real wages slow down. Corporate profits go up. Taxes go down, debt go up. Environmental protections eased. Culture wars on vulnerable communities. Cuts to social programs. And overall quality of life dropping. That's the CP/PPC plan. 

But, the ones with transgender trucks and F*** Trudeau flags will be happy. Libs owned. 

That's Libtards to you dear sir.

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

More bad faith arguing.

From the article:

And uses the word libtard. Hard to imagine why nobody takes your braindead drivel in this thread seriously.

The good news here, finally, true color shown outright. Thank you for not being slippery here. No longer can poster hide behind labels, terms and sayings like centrist, moderate, they're all bad, I'm all about good governance no matter who you are etc etc etc.

No going back now. Keep truckin. 

Edited by HardCoreBlue

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

I know you can. But that won't happen (see previous PC governments majority or otherwise). That's the point.

Edited by Bigblue204

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

True that, exactly- just like Harper and the GST... wait- nevermind. 

Classic starve-the-beast tactic.

Every government either cuts taxes or gives tax credits - they all do it

Also, Conservatives and Liberals have both introduced new taxes - they both do it

Based on past history and also on rhetoric from certain western provinces - I assume a Conservative government would reduce transfers to the provinces

There are not that many other expenses they can cut, that would make that big of a difference

I agree strongly with the current government's approach to transfer payments - with Manitoba receiving an additional $1 billion dollars plus each year

I can't imagine what our health care would look like - if Trudeau had not increased those transfers again, after Harper cut them 

27 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

@Mark H., I agree with your analysis and will add they would cut the carbon tax and stop the increases to EI and CPP.

The Liberals are starting to fire back about the carbon tax

Said in question period today: "Conservatives can either get on board with climate change mitigation measures - or they will stay in opposition."

I thought for a second I was reading a post by @Wideleft

The Carbon tax is a dog-whistle issue. It is already in place in California as well as in other locations. It is constantly attacked because it is visible and loudly whined about by the Cons and their lapdogs. It is the future and is an effective way to make people and corporations aware of the impact their choices make on the environment. 

11 hours ago, Tracker said:

The Carbon tax is a dog-whistle issue. It is already in place in California as well as in other locations. It is constantly attacked because it is visible and loudly whined about by the Cons and their lapdogs. It is the future and is an effective way to make people and corporations aware of the impact their choices make on the environment. 

I found this article interesting about how both the PCs and Liberals use the PBO report to justify their positions on carbon pricing - What the Liberals and Conservatives get right — and wrong — about the carbon tax | CBC News

You'll hear a lot from Conservatives about how much it is affecting Canadians, but they are obviously, intentionally, not including the costs of doing nothing. 

The PBO report also attempts to model the cost of carbon pricing to the overall Canadian economy. It comes to the conclusion that by 2030, the Canadian economy's GDP will be 1.3 per cent smaller than it would have been without a carbon tax.

While we do not have a direct comparison with another proposed federal emissions reduction policy, economists say that all the evidence so far leads to the conclusion that carbon pricing is cheaper than emission reduction programs that rely on incentives or regulations.

I'm curious if PP will choose to completely ignore climate change or if he will go against economists' like previous CPC platforms and propose something "more efficient and effective."

13 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Every government either cuts taxes or gives tax credits - they all do it

Also, Conservatives and Liberals have both introduced new taxes - they both do it

Based on past history and also on rhetoric from certain western provinces - I assume a Conservative government would reduce transfers to the provinces

There are not that many other expenses they can cut, that would make that big of a difference

I agree strongly with the current government's approach to transfer payments - with Manitoba receiving an additional $1 billion dollars plus each year

I can't imagine what our health care would look like - if Trudeau had not increased those transfers again, after Harper cut them 

One of many examples knuckle draggers here and everywhere completely dismiss, wave off, don't care to understand an important issue like this that impacts them directly and their inner circles and launch into their usual tirades fed by PP's trump handbook raging.

It's mind numbing and also very very embarrassing and dangerous. 

Owning libtards on social media and driving around their communities with decals and flags is their priority.

53 minutes ago, WildPath said:

You'll hear a lot from Conservatives about how much it is affecting Canadians, but they are obviously, intentionally, not including the costs of doing nothing. 

will they also complain about this cost?

Private investors wont pay for it. we do.  wonder why.

"The cost of the Trans Mountain expansion project has grown to $30.9 billion, according to the Crown corporation behind the pipeline project."

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, Mark F said:

will they also complain about this cost?

Private investors wont pay for it. we do.  wonder why.

"The cost of the Trans Mountain expansion project has grown to $30.9 billion, according to the Crown corporation behind the pipeline project."

F Trudeau Libtard!

Sorry caffeine is kicking in. Good morning.

11 minutes ago, JCon said:

Always the case with conservative govts. 

after a good chat with a candidate in the upcoming AB elex...... UCP believe it will be the closest election in more than 50 years and that it will come down to 16,000 votes, based on their data. 16k in Calgary. They're campaigning the city hard, trying to spread as much money around as possible to cover those 16k. Going to be very very interesting. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

after a good chat with a candidate in the upcoming AB elex...... UCP believe it will be the closest election in more than 50 years and that it will come down to 16,000 votes, based on their data. 16k in Calgary. They're campaigning the city hard, trying to spread as much money around as possible to cover those 16k. Going to be very very interesting. 

Oiiiii. MB will be interesting as well - it's going to be close.

9 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Oiiiii. MB will be interesting as well - it's going to be close.

Interestingly, this candidate had thoughts on MB elex as well...... said that it should be an absolute blowout for the NDP, but they have a nearly un-electable leader, which is going to make it a lot closer than it should be. Said Brian P's insistence on maintaining his Costa Rican residence for nearly half the year would be unthinkable in AB Poli, and that Heather S's inability to communicate has been her downfall. Was laughing about how poor of a public speaker she is....said "say what you want about our current leader (Danielle S) but she's at least a good public speaker"..... 

On a somewhat side note, a federal politician that I was with at the same event told me that he cancelled his Edmonton CFL tix after more than 20 years because he was so disgusted with the name change to Elks and "caving to this unhinged political correctness"........sigh. 

#Burta

53 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Interestingly, this candidate had thoughts on MB elex as well...... said that it should be an absolute blowout for the NDP, but they have a nearly un-electable leader, which is going to make it a lot closer than it should be. Said Brian P's insistence on maintaining his Costa Rican residence for nearly half the year would be unthinkable in AB Poli, and that Heather S's inability to communicate has been her downfall. Was laughing about how poor of a public speaker she is....said "say what you want about our current leader (Danielle S) but she's at least a good public speaker"..... 

On a somewhat side note, a federal politician that I was with at the same event told me that he cancelled his Edmonton CFL tix after more than 20 years because he was so disgusted with the name change to Elks and "caving to this unhinged political correctness"........sigh. 

#Burta

Living in Sask makes me happy to have a stable government that has stayed away from doing absolutely stupid things. Manitoba, I have no clue which way it will go but it is going to be close, if the Liberals in Manitoba had any assemblance of a leader they would force a minority government but that will not happen. As for Alberta, Danielle acts like a dumber Trump.