Canadian Politics

20 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I thought CBC was too biased for you...?

Also:

I never said they were too biased for me. I have learned to live with their bias Once you know something is biased, it's easy to weed through that. What they are to me is a gargantuan waste of taxpayer money. I have no issue with the CBC existing, I want government to quit funding them and let them walk on their own two feet.

I am not a strong proponent of crown corporations. I don't believe they are very well run for the most part.

Edited by GCn20

Just now, GCn20 said:

I never said they were too biased for me. I have learned to live with their bias. What they are to me is a gargantuan waste of taxpayer money.

That was already covered in this thread. The "cost" to taxpayers is less than a dollar per month.

If you can't grasp the importance of a public broadcaster that provides information and entertainment to Canadians to every corner of this vast nation, that's on you.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

That was already covered in this thread. The "cost" to taxpayers is less than a dollar per month.

If you can't grasp the importance of a public broadcaster that provides information and entertainment to Canadians to every corner of this vast nation, that's on you.

If you can't grasp that everyone has different priorities for that dollar in their pocket, well that's on you. I don't believe I get value for that dollar a month from the CBC. 

7 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

If you can't grasp that everyone has different priorities for that dollar in their pocket, well that's on you. I don't believe I get value for that dollar a month from the CBC. 

I would like to withhold my dollar of tax that goes to your municipal services (roads/streets/garbage collection/sewer etc) because it is not a priority for me.

Just now, Mark H. said:

Just respect the fact that people do believe in both ideas

First Nations people also believe in a creator

Science isn't a belief system, though.

FN don't weaponize their spiritually in the sociopolitical sphere, though. On the contrary, they're often advocating for their human rights against those who do weaponize their archaic religious beliefs.

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

"What a thoughtful and rational rebuttal," said nobody ever.

You are a true Liberal, PO'ed because I don't see value in wasting money, and condescending enough to believe you have the right to tell me how improper it is that I should care about my money. 

Newsflash:

64% of Canadians want the CBC defunded. It's going to come.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

FN don't weaponize their spiritually in the sociopolitical sphere, though. On the contrary, they're often advocating for their human rights against those who do weaponize their archaic religious beliefs.

First Nations absolutely use their spirituality in their inner socioppolitical sphere. It's just localized.

Just now, GCn20 said:

You are a true Liberal, PO'ed because I don't see value in wasting money, and condescending enough to believe you have the right to tell me how improper it is that I should care about my money. 

Newsflash:

64% of Canadians want the CBC defunded. It's going to come.

You're projecting while making some pretty weak and, quite honestly, stupid assumptions.

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

Just respect the fact that people do believe in both ideas

First Nations people also believe in a creator

That's your assumption. 

I'll admit to being glib with my response and I have always felt that religion was valuable as a means to give some people a sense of community.  The problem is that the religious extremists are now starting to run "the show" again and it is ruining society for everyone bit by bit.  

That is going to make us atheists just a little more glib if not more combative in how we show our respect.  The conversation has totally shifted from all the damage that religion has wrought into the damage that religion is doing.

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Science and religiion can definitely intertwine.