Around The League Off Season Discussion

45 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't trust the CFL & Jeff Orridge to be honest about the salary cap. I wonder if a team is actually a half million over if they'd say or really ever do anything. It would handicap said team as well as embarrass the CFL. I think they'd keep it a secret. If Orridge can lie with a straight face about concussions then he & the league can lie even easier about teams being over the cap.

Pretty sure independent auditors go over the numbers. 

11 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

its tough to gauge where they are sitting at. Yeah they were locked in to be over for 2016 but they released Carter and Stafford, recently Perrett, restructured Bowman.  I think shologan is only gonna be at most $125K-$130K and I expect them.  I expect a few other vets to get cut like Jovan Johnson, Crompton, SJ green... I think for 2017 they will be in a lot better shape cap wise

I'm not so sure about SJ Green...  but I could see the others getting cut... however I'm pretty sure Jovon has a fairly small salary... If I recall the story correctly, he actually went out and contacted the Als about signing there...

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Then the bet is on.  If I win, you have to mow my lawn wearing my wife's Sunday dress.  If you win, I will mow your lawn wearing your wife's Sunday dress.

Sounds like it would be typical yard mantenance around your homes, except that different guys would be in drag.

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

http://3downnation.com/2017/02/02/argos-looking-nfl-names-open-gm-spot/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+3downnation%2FgLSo+(3DownNation+A)

Oi vey to the Argos avoiding anyone with current CFL experience, and looking to hire NFL names to GM the team....

I would say the most intriguing name on that list is Chris Rosetti... but his age and relative lack of experience is certainly a red flag...

14 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

That could spell the end for Flanders, especially if they have not a clue how to make use of him.

It will take more than potentially signing LaFrance for this team to not have an import RB somewhere on one of the rosters.  If Flanders wants to be that guy all he has to do is beat out the 3 or 4 other import RBs that show up for camp.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It's about releasing the info. I don't trust the CFL to ever do that honestly. Not while Jeff Orridge is Commissioner. #alternativefacts

What info?  You realize the salaries/compensation are calculated against the limit at the end of year?  It's not a daily calculation like the NHL.  A team could have signed contracts today that put them on pace to be 2x the limit and it doesn't matter.

6 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

What info?  You realize the salaries/compensation are calculated against the limit at the end of year?  It's not a daily calculation like the NHL.  A team could have signed contracts today that put them on pace to be 2x the limit and it doesn't matter.

What I'm saying is that if at the end of the year a team is half a million over the salary cap for 2016 I think Orridge would suppress that information. Of course, I have no proof but it's just how I feel after that "alternative facts" presser he gave the media about concussions during the Grey Cup.

25 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What I'm saying is that if at the end of the year a team is half a million over the salary cap for 2016 I think Orridge would suppress that information. Of course, I have no proof but it's just how I feel after that "alternative facts" presser he gave the media about concussions during the Grey Cup.

That's a pretty large conspiracy considering they have independent auditors who abide by a professional code completely separate from any dealings they have with the CFL.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That's a pretty large conspiracy considering they have independent auditors who abide by a professional code completely separate from any dealings they have with the CFL.

The CFL dealt with professional doping testing agencies as well & Orridge told them to get lost when they became critical. Only with public shaming by media, fans & pressure from the CFLPA did Orridge & the CFL agree to use another doping testing company for player testing. I have no faith this Commissioner operates with any real ethics.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

20 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

When you have unlimited resources and are a social and media juggernaut like the CFL you can do stuff like that....Oh wait...I guess there are a couple flaws in my logic after all.

23 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The CFL dealt with professional doping testing agencies as well & Orridge told them to get lost when they became critical. Only with public shaming by media, fans & pressure from the CFLPA did Orridge & the CFL agree to use another doping testing company for player testing. I have no faith this Commissioner operates with any real ethics.

Orridge does exactly what the CFL lawyers and the BOG tells him to do, it comes with the job description.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

14 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Where does all the Orridge hate come from?

From the first time I saw him literally peeing his pants on TSN handing out the Grey Cup he seems in way over his head. Then his handling of the drug testing & his criticisms of the company doing it. Then cancelling drug testing for over a season. Finally, his comments on concussions. Oh & throw in that lame grey CFL logo. Lots to hate & not much to like.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

From the first time I saw him literally peeing his pants on TSN handing out the Grey Cup he seems in way over his head. Then his handling of the drug testing & his criticisms of the company doing it. Then cancelling drug testing for over a season. Finally, his comments on concussions. Oh & throw in that lame grey CFL logo. Lots to hate & not much to like.

????