Around The League Off Season Discussion

On 1/20/2017 at 10:06 PM, Dr. Blue said:

I heard the Riders were going to have a reality show this year, kind of like the bachelor. 16 QBs will live in a house in Regina, each getting to start a game. At the end Jones will give their next staring QB a rose...

Breaking: Riders sign Nealon Green, Henry Burris, and Kerry Joseph to one year contracts.

Old post, but couldn't resist ;).

Riders release the following players: ·DL, Dylan Ainsworth ·WR, Shamawd Chambers ·Int'l QB, Mitchell Gale ·Int'l RB, Curtis Steele

The Riders making all kinds of room for the next wave of 'scouted' players and Free Agents.

Remind me again how it worked out for the Riders after last year's Free Agency frenzy.. Oh yeah...

17 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Riders release the following players: ·DL, Dylan Ainsworth ·WR, Shamawd Chambers ·Int'l QB, Mitchell Gale ·Int'l RB, Curtis Steele

The Riders making all kinds of room for the next wave of 'scouted' players and Free Agents.

Remind me again how it worked out for the Riders after last year's Free Agency frenzy.. Oh yeah...

Now there's the key to success...lol....BUT there's always the Franklin deal, where they could trade away their no 2 draft pic overall, and Roosevelt and another up and comer to Edm. ,for Franky boy instead of waiting for free agency 18....That might top last years free agency...LOL

10 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Now there's the key to success...lol....BUT there's always the Franklin deal, where they could trade away their no 2 draft pic overall, and Roosevelt and another up and comer to Edm. ,for Franky boy instead of waiting for free agency 18....That might top last years free agency...LOL

Purely hypothetical, just to generate some talk...... Let's say Franklin pans out and is exactly what people think he COULD be...a real superstar. Like, top of the line guy. If  Chris Jones had a crystal ball and knew that going in, is that deal you propose then worth it? I'm just curious what people would think, based on how important it is to have a great QB in this league...

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Purely hypothetical, just to generate some talk...... Let's say Franklin pans out and is exactly what people think he COULD be...a real superstar. Like, top of the line guy. If  Chris Jones had a crystal ball and knew that going in, is that deal you propose then worth it? I'm just curious what people would think, based on how important it is to have a great QB in this league...

If he turns into a great qb, and re-signs long term, that trade would 100% be worth it.

Best case scenario is for the Riders to give up a tonne to get Franklin, then see him leave for the NFL in a year. Franklin being a flop would be funny too, but I'm too nice to wish that on the young man.

Edited by sweep the leg

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If he is that good, the deal is worth it. Its the unknown part that scares me. Personally I would give Scurvy nothing and take a run at him next year as a free agent. I want us to pursue a deal to bring in Adams, cheaper and also gives us a year to test drive until Franklin is available

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

The Argos don't have a GM or HC are they in the worse situation or are the Riders?

It doesn't look good in Argo-land but if they are able to land a superstar GM/HC combo then things could turn around real quick.  With the Riders there isn't really any such hope.

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The Argos don't have a GM or HC are they in the worse situation or are the Riders?

I know its fun to make fun of the Riders around these parts but is this a serious question??  The Argo are a mess, a total train wreck.

4 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The Riders have Jones for GM and HC...so no the Riders are worse. The Argos still have hope for the unknown. Players are climbing over one another to get out of Saskatchewan. 

Edited by Dirty30

Just now, TBURGESS said:

I think the Argos are in a worse position. They're bad just about everywhere, with no leadership and a lot of pending fa's.

A trade for Franklin and some decent work in FA (OL, rb) could help the Riders a lot. Those are big ifs, but imo they have more hope than the Argos do.

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

It all would have all gone well if Durant wasnt such a greedy, selfish, washed up, injury prone loser.

With Durant gone the team is now free to spread its wings and fly over that rainbow.

......Hell if Franklin is that good maybe Walters should have a look at a deal lol...I kid of course but that's the dilemma the riders find themselves in....You can bet that Hervey is a reluctant dance partner in a trade...BUT IF you give him the farm he may bury his hard feelings...My guess is Franklin will remain with the Esks. till free agency next year....IF he lasts that long because you just know that someone could/would come knocking and maybe sooner...I'm sure T.O. would give him a look and open up their wallets in 18' and who knows we might be interested as well lol..Go for it Walters...heh heh

2 hours ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

Breaking: Riders sign Nealon Green, Henry Burris, and Kerry Joseph to one year contracts.

Old post, but couldn't resist ;).

kind of like montreal last year xD didnt they bring like 10 qbs to camp?

26 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I know its fun to make fun of the Riders around these parts but is this a serious question??  The Argo are a mess, a total train wreck.

Thats the truth. Of the 3 I like montreal the best to turn it around. And toronto is most likely to be in the same spot next year. Whats the skinny on the green side with dylan ainsworth? Young NI at a ratio breaker position who seemed to be real good on teams. 

30 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

kind of like montreal last year xD didnt they bring like 10 qbs to camp?

Thats the truth. Of the 3 I like montreal the best to turn it around. And toronto is most likely to be in the same spot next year. Whats the skinny on the green side with dylan ainsworth? Young NI at a ratio breaker position who seemed to be real good on teams. 

I had high hopes for Ainsworth. Just couldn't seem to stay healthy. He has potential. I really hope he lands on his feet somewhere and gets a shot. Dealing Foley basically put him on the bench. Then dealing Crapicotti made him expendiable