Bombers vs Stampeders GDT

Nolby

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Not really.  Calgary was using extra blockers routinely, Trestman relied more on the 5 linemen and maybe a back, getting the ball out quick.  BLM was taking his time for the most part.

I noticed that too - he was hardly ever forced to throw to his check down.

5 hours ago, pigseye said:

Correct defence for the situation, we just didn't do a good job of forcing Mitchell to throw the ball to where we wanted him to.

We miss Ian Wild, without him we have no presence in the middle of the field. Bass doesn't really do much of anything, might as well be starting Hurl for the ratio.

Again, disagree, there's more than one 'correct' way to play certain situations. it comes down to philosophy and style. Not all defensive coordinators are the same. All 'correct' ways can get beat. It's like being up by a goal in hockey. one 'correct' way is to tighten up defensively. another 'correct' way is too keep pressing. 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Again, disagree, there's more than one 'correct' way to play certain situations. it comes down to philosophy and style. Not all defensive coordinators are the same. All 'correct' ways can get beat. It's like being up by a goal in hockey. one 'correct' way is to tighten up defensively. another 'correct' way is too keep pressing. 

You can't say we don't miss Ian Wild, though.

Bottom line......we simply need a better plan and execution on D, next time we play these guys.  

We didn't have a sack or even a hit on BLM.....he probably didn't have to bother to have his uni cleaned after that game.    Considering the amount of dropping back..... coverage was way too soft,..and cost us the game in crunch time.  

50 minutes ago, do or die said:

Bottom line......we simply need a better plan and execution on D, next time we play these guys.  

We didn't have a sack or even a hit on BLM.....he probably didn't have to bother to have his uni cleaned after that game.    Considering the amount of dropping back..... coverage was way too soft,..and cost us the game in crunch time.  

I think it cost us the win at both ends of the game- in the whole first quarter and in the last couple of minutes.

On 9/24/2016 at 7:30 PM, WinnipegGordo said:

But that was a play he wasn't allowed to challenge though.

That's a shame.  After watching the replay of that catch, Durant certainly didn't look like a guy who was confident the ground didn't help him keep that one in his arms.  I would have liked to have seen the replay from the other side. 

On ‎09‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 7:17 PM, Blueandgold said:

What else Is new? Start Heath if he's healthy.

Everyone rags on Johnson and I have no idea why - he's giving up roughly 20 yards a game in coverage over the last half of the season. He's hardly a major issue on defense.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Everyone rags on Johnson and I have no idea why - he's giving up roughly 20 yards a game in coverage over the last half of the season. He's hardly a major issue on defense.

Perception or reality, in the last game it sure looked like every time Mitchell needed critical yardage, he victimized Johnson.

No one has really touched on the fumble return TD... Am I the only one who thinks we may have caught a break on that play?... it sure looked to be in and out of the hands of Charbanneau (I think that was the receiver) very quickly... I thought it may have been an incomplete pass... not complaining, just wondering if anyone else thought that too...

19 minutes ago, bearpants said:

No one has really touched on the fumble return TD... Am I the only one who thinks we may have caught a break on that play?... it sure looked to be in and out of the hands of Charbanneau (I think that was the receiver) very quickly... I thought it may have been an incomplete pass... not complaining, just wondering if anyone else thought that too...

Didn't he take a step and a half?